• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Joker Information

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
Hey Guys, I was messing with Joker, as is everyone lol. And I found useful information that could help with using Joker

Misc
-------
Persona comes out at 75%, no time involved.
Persona seems to last 30 seconds, taking damage reduces this.
Persona Adds a hitbox to some attacks such as adding a spike to his Dair, making it hit twice.
Aerial Side B lets you drift a bit.
Side B (Regular) does 13.2 DMG overall
SIde B Damage over time does not stack it seems
Side B (A) does 20.4 and has a lasting hitbox if it hits the floor
Using his Gun dodge in midair can you let you get close to the stage so you can up-b. It has Iframes too.
Landing with the dodge with the gun makes it lagless, seems to be close to short jump height.
Down-B will help in getting closer to the stage, unless the enemy has a command grab aerial.
Down-b is extra useful on platforms since the enemy will try and hit you.
Up-B has a crazy vertical recovery but very poor horizontal , it also does a little hop

Combos
--------
Fair 1 seems to be a great combo starter and can land a Usmash on cloud at 80% and kill at that percent
Side B can be comboed from Fair 1 at low percents
Side Smash (A) can land on Fair 1 at very low percents
Pretty much all aerials combo into Fair 1 at any percent
Fair 1 can combo into Dair (A) for a spike at the stage and kills early
Fair 1 can combo into Dair (A) and you can follow up with some aerials.
Nair 1 or 2 can land into Dash attack (Maybe Smash attacks?)
Dtilt can combo into Uair
Dthrow can land into uair and FAir (1 or 2), and Bair this seems to go till around 70%

Im still testing throws and the like

Fsmash (A) kills at 90%ish percent on Cloud on FD
Usmash (A) kills at 100
Dsmash (A)(1 and 2) kills at 120

If anyone wants to add anything they found feel free

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
IMO, the best throw is Uthrow, links very nicely with uair... you can also drag down the opponents with the uair if you fast fall timing it correctly

similar to sheik's uair combos/strings (mainly seen on the last game, they still exist though)

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
IMO, the best throw is Uthrow, links very nicely with uair... you can also drag down the opponents with the uair if you fast fall timing it correctly

similar to sheik's uair combos/strings (mainly seen on the last game, they still exist though)
Not gonna lie totally forgot about dragging Uair so I definitely need to check that out

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
i think landing gun point blank always leads to a tech chase

didn't have time to properly test it

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
i think landing gun point blank always leads to a tech chase

didn't have time to properly test it
If so that great since side b (a) seems to beat out all tech options so it's a free 20%

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Joker's default Up-B doesn't work on opponents you've damaged.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I could land it on a jumping training dummy every time but when I tried throw combos it went right through them.

I guess that answers concerns that he'd lose combos when activating his persona.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The grappling hook is a grab box (seems to be a hitbox while airborne) and there's the regrab timer that Sm4sh introduced to consider. I don't see it mentioned here but Joker gets some invincibility when Arsene first appears and disappears.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Checked, and Joker's Grappling hook works on giant characters standing in front on him, it's just angled in such a way that he can't hit standard characters.

May need to test if he can hit taunting Ridley.

Topper

Smash Rookie
At 0%, falling nair>dtilt>utilt>upair is (almost) true (28% dmg i think), if you fastfall uair on a platform you can follow with upb dragdown into something else or, not sure, another uair... quick testing.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Another weird aesthetic I've noticed with Joker which nobody is talking about: occasionally while activating Arsene (seemingly while using his Down B) he may have have a cut in of his eyes across the screen when he does so. This doesn't seem to occur on Mementos. If anyone can tell me exactly what is happening I would appreciate it.
Also Wolf's down b doesn't reflect Joker's gun.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Another weird aesthetic I've noticed with Joker which nobody is talking about: occasionally while activating Arsene (seemingly while using his Down B) he may have have a cut in of his eyes across the screen when he does so. This doesn't seem to occur on Mementos. If anyone can tell me exactly what is happening I would appreciate it.
Also Wolf's down b doesn't reflect Joker's gun.
In the Persona series, when you or a party member summons their Persona and is about to score a critical hit, their eyes flash across the screen stylishly. Persona 5 looks like that. It's to the point that "Persona Eyes" for other characters is something of an art meme - there's even tons of Smash ones out there.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
In the Persona series, when you or a party member summons their Persona and is about to score a critical hit, their eyes flash across the screen stylishly. Persona 5 looks like that. It's to the point that "Persona Eyes" for other characters is something of an art meme - there's even tons of Smash ones out there.
I was talking about in Smash, as I can't entirely figure out why it happens sometimes and not others. Though I was wrong, it can happen in mementos

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I was talking about in Smash, as I can't entirely figure out why it happens sometimes and not others. Though I was wrong, it can happen in mementos
Probably just random to add some flavor. It doesn't always happens in the game, so it doesn't always happen in Smash.

nshoes

Smash Cadet
Hm, just saw Leffen get it 3 vs 2 stocks, he was at 120%, opponent was at 100%. Wonder what triggers it or if it's really random.

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
What triggers the persona eyes cut in is if you get arsene and you are not inputting anything I'm not sure if it triggers during hitstun either It probably wouldn't. It doesn't make sense.

but yeah as long as you're moving or doing something you should not be able to trigger that

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Persona comes out at 75%, no time involved.
To expand upon this, downB receives triple the benefit of getting hit (i.e. you only need to guard 25% damage worth of attacks), and then reduces damage taken to only 40% of the original damage. So if you RG a 25% damage smash attack while having 0 meter, you'll take 10% damage and instantly get persona.

While persona is out, tetrakarn is a 1.6x multiplier for whatever you counter.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
To expand upon this, downB receives triple the benefit of getting hit (i.e. you only need to guard 25% damage worth of attacks), and then reduces damage taken to only 40% of the original damage. So if you RG a 25% damage smash attack while having 0 meter, you'll take 10% damage and instantly get persona.

While persona is out, tetrakarn is a 1.6x multiplier for whatever you counter.
What about Makarakarn?

(Vaguely related: I'm looking forward to the occasional question of "WTF are these attack names? What even is an Eiha? Eigaon? How do you remember Tetrakarn and Makarakarn?")

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
What triggers the persona eyes cut in is if you get arsene and you are not inputting anything I'm not sure if it triggers during hitstun either It probably wouldn't. It doesn't make sense.

but yeah as long as you're moving or doing something you should not be able to trigger that
I was inputting something when it happened for me so I don't think that's it.

Top Bottom