• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some explanations behind Lucario's design.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I used to wonder about Lucario's design. Especially in SSBB with his Final Smash and in both games with his aura. Where does he draw that from? Aura Storm and Aura Boost does not exist in Pokemon.

But now I understand it. Lucario is this way because so many people want Goku in the game.
Aura Storm is just Kamehameha, and now it had been replaced in favor of going Super Lucario instead. And the Aura boost is Kaio-Ken.

This also explains why Double Team looks more like Sucker Punch than like Double Team. It is becasue Double Team is really just Instant Transmission.

This theory is proved by the fact that Lucario and Goku have the same voice actor.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Also, in recent years, Goku gained a new form, so did Lucario. Mewtwo as well, and so did Frieza. Goku and Frieza are mortal enemies. Lucario's and Mewtwo's fans during Brawl and pre-Smash 4 era were mortal enemies. Coincidence? I think not!

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
It is probably just a coincidence of time because pokemon needed something to keep the game interesting and as for Aura Storm, it was probably the only thing Nintendo could think of for a final smash. About Mewtwo, not being in Brawl, it was they were giving Lucario the Fire Emblem treatment, where FE characters were put into smash to bring up hype for their game, but Lucario's was to get people excited about his movie, and Nintendo thought that Mewtwo wouldn't be as popular as Lucario.

Also, I would appreciate people like you not making trash assumptions about this game, I don't need another reason to stop playing smash, by crossing a trashy anime to one of my favorite game.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Also, I would appreciate people like you not making trash assumptions about this game, I don't need another reason to stop playing smash, by crossing a trashy anime to one of my favorite game.
You are welcome my friend. I also appreciate it that I do not do those things.

Top Bottom