• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some custom game modes you could try with items

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
So I was messing around with a friend and we were playing with items on and it got really interesting when we started making up game modes. So I was wondering what you guys think of these modes we've made.

Super Flag Bros. - Time match,1-2 minutes, Items on, but only the Super Flag, since the super flag gains you a point, the ONLY way you're allowed to gain points, smashing your opponent for a KO automatically loses you the game. You can attack as much as you like. But KO-ing your opponents is against the rules. Obviously, the one with the most points due to using the most Super Flag wins.

Pokemon Battle- This wasn't really made by us, it's more of a game mode made out of an event from Melee, (Or was it brawl?) You and your opponent will do combat with nothing but pokeballs, your opponent cannot run from or guard against the pokemon's attacks.

...That's...actually all I got. But, yeah, tell me what you think :3 and if you wanna play with me, post your FC below and add mine 1006-0928-7336.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
I've made dozens, in various levels of complexity. Space Drones, is probably best seen first. http://youtu.be/qRTaETv9dpQ

This is Custom characters on, 4 Olimars that start with Ray Guns, Projectile Item boost, and Thistle Jump (I used boots) in a Space stage. Special Smash with 300% damage, Rocket Belt, Heavy, and Fast. 2.0x Launch Rate. If using 4 players, use names that disable specials. Ray Guns on high. Pew pew!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Smash 64 mode. A 5 stock match were you are only allowed to use items that were introduced in Smash 64.
Gun fight: You are only allowed to use gun items.

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
Isn't there a huge mini-game idea topic yet? Because if not, there should be. :D

In the wii U version I made a dodgeball stage. There are multiple platforms on both sides, and downward pointing barrels in the middle to prevent everyone from going to the other side. Turn on any items that you can throw or shoot. :)

Top Bottom