• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo Practice in 20XX 4.05

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, this is meant for people who want to solo practice for movement or "shadowboxing" but are too stubborn to learn the name glitch, or simply don't have an older 20xx. I found out how to do it by messing around fighting master hand because i'm a weirdo.

1. Go to Debug Menu
2. Go to General Settings
3. Go to Vs Player FLAGS
4. Go to Player Two (or whatever port you aren't using)
5. Turn on Stamina and Set Stamina to something low, like 0 or 1 (although any should work)
6. Exit Debug Mode and Enter VS mode
7. Choose your character, then select your "opponent" as Master Hand or Crazy Hand (Press Z with Pikachu or Pichu highlighted to change, then press A to select)
8. Any settings should work, as long as the opponent has more than 1 stock or it is Time (I havent tested time but should work in theory)

9. Choose your stage, and then Kill Master/Crazy Hand. They will explode and fall all the way to the depths of your stage, and then disappear. The game doesen't know how to respawn a hand once it is defeated, so it focuses on your character instead.

This method is pretty complex in comparison to much simpler solutions, and should only really be used in cases of extreme laziness, or if you're bad at the name glitch and for some odd reason dont back up your old 20xx. It's silly and probably borderline useless, but i feel i should just put it out there regardless. Please let me know if this is bad, and i can remove it/get an admin to remove it entirely. Thanks again everybody.

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
its a thing that they implemented in 20xx training pack that forces the stage screen, effectively making alot of what you said redundant unless you want to play against the master hand

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
its a thing that they implemented in 20xx training pack that forces the stage screen, effectively making alot of what you said redundant unless you want to play against the master hand

Can you explain this further? i havent found anything in 20xx 4.05 that forces stage select-

forced stage select is only possible in the older versions of 20xx. I wrote this "guide" for people who dont use/cant use both 20xx if they dont know/cbf how to change the games name code (eg GALE, GALP, etc)

I'll admit again this is really, REALLY silly, and i only found out about this cuz i was bored and messed around with master hand :p

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
omg i was way tired and didnt read that right holy ****

Thanks a bunch TrashWizard TrashWizard i cant believe i didnt realise what you said, and that the thing even existed in the first place. you rock dude.

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
No worries man, alot of people had to find out how to do it too, but I'm pretty sure that you can still use that method you put in the original post for the standard melee, just replace the z on pichu or pikachu with that glitch that forces master hand on the third player, so alot of what you said still has use for people who dont have 20xx.

Top Bottom