• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo Practice Help

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
My main opportunity to play with other people is the smaller weekly hosted in my area (10-15 people every week). Occasionally I will have some friends come over but that doesn't always work out due to schedules.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to practice on my own. What sort of training routine do you or your friends have in terms of solo practice? This could be anything in terms of tech skill, tournament mentality, matchups, etc.

Any bit of info helps :)

Rice03

Smash Cadet
There is a video on how to practice fox.

Link to video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpQ9-TRop4&t=231s

For me i use every section of these videos to practice for 5 mins.

Aireals 5 mins

Attack links 5 mins

perfect wavedashes 5 mins

shine combos 5 mins

up throw combos

-Chain grabbing 5 mins

-up throw up air 5 mins

Ledge options and recovery

Try and work on the important recovery options such as ledgedashing often but the others are good to practice as well.

For recovery, try mixing up fire foxes and side bs

Platform movement

Shield dropping 5 mins

double jump Wavelands 5 mins

misc

have fun with your double shines.

some advice is to not overpractice one thing like mutishines. Also try to practice on 20xx on a crt. 3.02 or 4.06 should be fine.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
Rice03 narrowed it down just practice you movement alone and practice all your basic tech.

Top Bottom