• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soldier of Fortune - A Bombsolider Falco Combo Video

Aokiji

Smash Cadet
masterwumpus requested for someone to post his production here... so thats what im doing...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=24664007

quote-
I made a combo video of Bombsoldier's Falco. Considering I had only 14 matches to work with, I think it turned out pretty good. It's called "Soldier of Fortune", and can be downloaded here:

edit
Large file (51 MB)
http://files.filefront.com/Soldier_of_Fortunewmv/;4453429;;/fileinfo.html

or on DC++. It is 8:47 long.

Like I said, I had a limited number of matches to work with and unfortunately, with one exception, they are all against either Fox or Marth. Still, I think it is an enjoyable video and I hope you like it.

Give me some feedback, too. This is my first video ever, so don't be too mean. :)

Enjoy.
quote-

Zero34

Smash Lord
a little long, but still, amazing. bombo solider is incredible. never seen a spike move that isnt shine used that much before....

good job

Mastr_Advocate

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was a good video, mainly because one can't get enough of bombsoldier. He's by far my favorite smash player. I've seen most of these vids myself but never mind seeing them again. You make ken look so helpless in this vid. :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just because more has to be said about this video . . . Everything that Bombsoldier does seems so inhuman. Does anyone know if he memorizes the movements or does he use split second descisions?

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Sars_Pirate said:
Just because more has to be said about this video . . . Everything that Bombsoldier does seems so inhuman. Does anyone know if he memorizes the movements or does he use split second descisions?
When it comes to his combos, it's memorization. Against fox, they usually don't DI the first shine, but they DI the second shine, and third if he can get it off, which is why he wave dashes before doing another drill kick. Same with his combos against Marth, they are all the same and well memorized, even though still very hard to pull off.

As for the rest of his game, like approaches, grabbing, and all that stuff, I really have no idea. He's so fast it's hard to tell.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Bombsoldier is a flashy player, he might look incredible in game because his vid are funny to watch but this guy make so much bad decision some times.

I was watching a replay of him vs Masashi playing fox I think and the fox could kill him in a few moves just because he was thinking a bit before acting and following all his moves precisely with something usefull... Might be cool to drill shine someone ten times a row but after racking up damage (uselessly sometime) he just have problem finishing the job...

anyway that was a nice combo video, felt long to me but Falco doesn't have a real arsenal of moves except for his shb and his incredible spike.

Liku

Smash Journeyman
Man BombSoldier rules.
You make ken look so helpless in this vid.
He was, until he decided to ***** it up. But that's another thread.

Great video, OutKast rules. But you kinda dulled the rest of the video with some stupid rock song that has "attitude."

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Liku said:
Man BombSoldier rules.

He was, until he decided to ***** it up. But that's another thread.

Great video, OutKast rules. But you kinda dulled the rest of the video with some stupid rock song that has "attitude."
It reminds me of Shined Blind. The dramatic change in music halfway through..... Not the shining.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ah man...i was crying while wacthing this. i've seen all of bombsoldiers vids already but me being a falco player and bombsoldier being my idol, i just had to admire his greatness. he is just too good for himself. i mean really his technique is REALLY good. well thanks for making a good lengthy vid about the best falco out there.

-hiroshi

six

Smash Ace
aho43 said:
Making combo vids that you aren't in is pretty cool.
and by making combo vids that you aren't in he means sucking japanese smashers naughty bits

Liku

Smash Journeyman
This should have just been a "Tribute" video instead, so you guys would stop complaining.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Wow I've already seen the matches before too, but still man, wow, incredible x_X

@Zack353: Don't worry, I don't think anyone will accuse you of copying stuff from him. It's just too bad for you that it's unlikely that your vid will be as amazing as his :p

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Essence_of_the_Gods said:
That was pretty good, but that kid needs to adjust to the situation and not simply memorize combos. He missed many d-smashes out of the d-throw
Lol. First, great idea- Giving Bomb Soldier tips on COMBOS. Second- He plays with ****ing KEN He knows what he's doing! ( combo wise) third- you can easily tech roll out of fox/falco D-throw.

Anyways, great video. Funny how you used bombs over baghdad (however you spell that place).

And about the question about him making split second desisions or memorizing the combos. Keep in mind that he is playing with the best "over all" player in the world, arguably. If you play against Ken for as long as he does you WILL get much better, and in his case he learns these combos and decides to use whichever variant in a split second (probably unconciously by now).

Thanks for the video.

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but I would like to say thank you to everybody who has watched Soldier of Fortune and especially people who have left feedback. I'm glad that most of you liked it. I will probably make a few more videos in the future, so let me know what was good and what wasn't so I can make them better in the future. Thanks.

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Yes, most of the Marth clips were against Ken. One Marth fight was against Masashi, who tried to counter pick Bombsoldier's Falco after losing with Fox, but when Bombsoldier won anyways Masashi went back to Fox for the rest of the fights. The other Fox was Jing and the Sheik was Shino, and those are the only opponents in the video.

FaYtE

Smash Cadet
hey, speaking of bombsoldier and shino... do u kno where i can get their matches... dont got DC++ so never got to see em... thx

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
cF=) said:
Bombsoldier is a flashy player, he might look incredible in game because his vid are funny to watch but this guy make so much bad decision some times.

I was watching a replay of him vs Masashi playing fox I think and the fox could kill him in a few moves just because he was thinking a bit before acting and following all his moves precisely with something usefull... Might be cool to drill shine someone ten times a row but after racking up damage (uselessly sometime) he just have problem finishing the job...

anyway that was a nice combo video, felt long to me but Falco doesn't have a real arsenal of moves except for his shb and his incredible spike.
u could be right, but hey, lets see u face him, u got nothing to say after. so GG to you.

Top Bottom