• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solar beam kill percents?

Osmosis124

Smash Cadet
So let's say the opponent is around the same height as the top platform of battlefield and above the same platform and I hit the hype laser what percents should I be looking for generally if I want to kill?

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Depends on character and DI. I'll use ZSS since that's who I tend to find is the most "average" in fallspeed and weight.
Stats for Solarbeam are 25%, 55 degrees, 50 BKB, and 85 KBG on the strong hit. The late hit only changes damage to 22% (but this still changes a lot).
If we assume top of battlefield platform (55 units up from the stage) like you say:

64% will KO regardless of DI (but SDI could change this by some percents).
52% will KO max DI up and in or max DI down and out. It's actually best to not DI at all in this situation.
46% will KO DI down and out.

Here's a nice graph of the maximum DI paths compared to the no DI paths at 55%. Naturally, what you're asking is highly variable so take this somewhat lightly, but it's still good knowledge, I think. I didn't know Solar beam sent so horizontally and will probably start going for no DI more often.

If you want to play around with this stuff more, you should download the PM knockback calculator.

Top Bottom