• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brundin

Smash Rookie
So when Dark Souls remastered was first announced it was showcased on the switch but is yet to even have a release date for the switch, even more so the amiibo of solaire show very little function (even by most amiibo standards) as you can get the praise the sun emote suuuper easily. this is an extreme stretch of course but why have an amiibo for a game that's released way after it was on other consoles.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
There's a thread for him here: https://smashboards.com/threads/praise-the-sun-solaire-of-astora-for-smash-switch.453623/

I thought Solaire might have been a good possibility for Smash, but then I thought about it a bit more. For one, Smash Ultimate's finalized design plan was finished in 2015, before even Dark Souls 3 came out, and likely before Dark Souls Remastered was planned, let alone for Switch. Second, it'd be ridiculous to release the Solaire Amiibo as a standalone thing for Dark Souls Remastered, and then launch Smash Ultimate where it'll get its own Amiibo.

Maybe we'll see him in the future, but I doubt he'll be revealed for Ultimate between now and release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom