• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sol Badguy Rides the Fire!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear XX (the full title's much longer, but I can't remember it) are on sale on the Switch's eShop, so I picked up Guilty Gear XX. I'll need to look up which characters are beginner-friendly (and also how to throw - enemies seem to have implausibly good defense, none of the button combinations that I tried seemed to work for a throw, and I'm not sure if there's a guard break mechanic in the game)

I thought Sol might be beginner-friendly, but then I fought against Potemkin in his story mode, and he took off roughly a third of my health with one throw. Maybe there's a difficulty setting that I missed somewhere in the options menu.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear XX (the full title's much longer, but I can't remember it) are on sale on the Switch's eShop, so I picked up Guilty Gear XX. I'll need to look up which characters are beginner-friendly (and also how to throw - enemies seem to have implausibly good defense, none of the button combinations that I tried seemed to work for a throw, and I'm not sure if there's a guard break mechanic in the game)

I thought Sol might be beginner-friendly, but then I fought against Potemkin in his story mode, and he took off roughly a third of my health with one throw. Maybe there's a difficulty setting that I missed somewhere in the options menu.
XXACR+ is my favorite fighting game of all time. I personally found Slayer to be very easy to pick up - though he eventually became my main because I also found him fun to learn in general. There's a bit of a learning curve but decent tutorials in-game. Be sure to study the movelist as well. I hope you enjoy it!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Slayer will be on Strive that's for sure but I'd bet on him being DLC. Most of the popular names from that poll will be DLC I think, and not because that poll, pretty sure they overall knew who were the popular requests lol

I can see one popular request getting in base roster, but not everyone that's for sure. So between Baiken/Johnny/Slayer/Elphelt I believe one will be base roster, then the rest for DLC.

Hope you enjoy it!
I guess XX on Switch is the same version as Steam's, if that's the case then yes, you can change the difficulty. Saying this because I haven't touched the Switch port, but I assume it's the same version as PC.

I'd suggest playing with Ky, I think he's even more beginner friendly than Sol. At least it was like that for me when I picked GG Xrd. Xrd has a really cool tutorial, while XX didn't had one as far as I recall (I haven't touched the game in a while).

Try looking at this video if you want

A basic combo string that works for at least most characters is Y -> B -> X -> A, that also works in the air or while crouching. So doing that sequence + a special attack at the end, like Gunflame or Bandit Bringer in Sol's case, is a nice start.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I'm finally back from a nice short vacation, and it seems I missed a character announcement! Well damn.

Leo's design still has to grow on me, a bit sad his glorious long lion mane is gone. His fresh cut reminds me a bit of Ky's short hair, Leo kind of looks like he could be his older brother or even his father lmao. The new design is a fresh clean take on the character, glad the unga bunga White Lion is back.

Now, Nagoriyuki, WOW! I'm all for vampire characters, it's one of the reasons I love Slayer so much (besides him being the literal incarnation of dandyism), so I definitely already am looking forward to playing as him. His playstyle looks sick and reminds me of Slayer too. Continuing the trend of music references, Nagoriyuki seems to be a reference to a rather popular song over in Japan. It's a song about the arrival of Spring.

I'm still holding on for Slayer's inclusion, let's get two badass vampires in this game!

I hope you enjoy Accent Core, it's easily my favourite fighting game of all time. Guilty Gear is notorious for being a bit hard and really fast-paced, the emphasis are on long combo-strings, like most Anime Fighters are. I find Sol, Ky, Potemkin, Slayer and Axl to be one of the more beginner-friendly characters of the games. Just stray away from the more Technical characters like I-no, Eddie, Venom and Bridget for now. You throw by inputting either forward or back and the HS button at the same time. I really do hope you have a blast with the game, and if you're ever confused by the plot (which you definitely will be), the wiki is a nice friend!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hope you enjoy Accent Core, it's easily my favourite fighting game of all time. Guilty Gear is notorious for being a bit hard and really fast-paced, the emphasis are on long combo-strings, like most Anime Fighters are. I find Sol, Ky, Potemkin, Slayer and Axel to be one of the more beginner-friendly characters of the games. Just stray away from the more Technical characters like I-no, Eddie, Venom and Bridget for now. You throw by inputting either forward or back and the HS button at the same time. I really do hope you have a blast with the game, and if you're ever confused by the plot (which you definitely will be), the wiki is a nice friend!
Sounds good! So far, I've only played through a bit of Sol's story mode (I stopped because it was longer and more difficult than I expected, at least based on the skill level that I'm at now) and all of Kliff's story mode. (or at least enough to get the first ending)

So far, all I've gathered is that there is (or was) a war between humans and Gears (which are either robots or artificial humans - by my understanding, Justice, Sol, and Testament are all Gears), Sol used to work for the same organization as Ky before rebelling due to some kind of conspiracy involving the Post War Administration Bureau, and Axel can travel through time but can't control it.

EDIT: I tried Sol's arcade mode on Easy difficulty. Everything was going great until the last three fights; Dizzy feels like a boss character given the sheer amount of projectiles, Ky takes off a massive amount of health with some of his attacks, and I-No just cheats, given that she barely takes any damage, zooms around the screen, and has a super move that (a) makes her invincible and (b) summons 20 or 30 homing projectiles that can seemingly hit you from anywhere and take off about a quarter of your health even if you block it.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
EDIT: I tried Sol's arcade mode on Easy difficulty. Everything was going great until the last three fights; Dizzy feels like a boss character given the sheer amount of projectiles, Ky takes off a massive amount of health with some of his attacks, and I-No just cheats, given that she barely takes any damage, zooms around the screen, and has a super move that (a) makes her invincible and (b) summons 20 or 30 homing projectiles that can seemingly hit you from anywhere and take off about a quarter of your health even if you block it.
Ahhh, well that's I-No for you lol. Her megalomania attacks (the one where she fires the little energy balls across the screen) are infuriating. All I can say is don't attack or jump over her when she does one of those, or all of those stupid balls will hit you. Same goes for if you get hit only once, all of them will home in on you. Watch for the "WARNING" before each of those megalomania attacks, to see which pattern she will use and try to avoid them.

The big one that covers the entire screen is avoidable by double jumping as close to her as possible. The timing to pull it off is hard, but it's worth giving a try since it's your only way to avoid the attack altogether. The wave one should prove to be easier, since all you'll have to do is stand under the big high curve in the middle and slowly walk towards her as it moves. There's also a pattern where the balls form a straight line up until the end where it curves up, with that one you'll just have to get far away from her and duck. After those megalomania moves, you can catch her off-guard and do some damage.

Don't air-dash a lot, she'll easily punish you. But the same counts for her, try to hit her between her air-dashes. Maybe set the round limit to 1 too, that way you'll only have to beat her once. As for Dizzy, she's mainly a projectile character, which is why she's so frustrating to play against. She's that way even in Xrd.

I thought I'd mention this as well, but there's an amazing hard secret boss after I-No that you'll only get to fight when certain conditions throughout the Arcade Mode are met. The conditions are as following:
1. Never losing before the fight against I-No. you can use as many continues against I-No as you want, as long as you don't use one in a fight before I-No's.
2. Half or more of your rounds before I-No must be won with Overdrives or Instant Kills.

I know from experience that I-No is a very frustrating boss. But hey, at least there's "Midnight Carnival" playing during the fight. An absolute banger and a track that still gives me PTSD. Try to keep going at it till you get it! Some labbing doesn't hurt too. You can do it!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ahhh, well that's I-No for you lol. Her megalomania attacks (the one where she fires the little energy balls across the screen) are infuriating. All I can say is don't attack or jump over her when she does one of those, or all of those stupid balls will hit you. Same goes for if you get hit only once, all of them will home in on you. Watch for the "WARNING" before each of those megalomania attacks, to see which pattern she will use and try to avoid them.

The big one that covers the entire screen is avoidable by double jumping as close to her as possible. The timing to pull it off is hard, but it's worth giving a try since it's your only way to avoid the attack altogether. The wave one should prove to be easier, since all you'll have to do is stand under the big high curve in the middle and slowly walk towards her as it moves. There's also a pattern where the balls form a straight line up until the end where it curves up, with that one you'll just have to get far away from her and duck. After those megalomania moves, you can catch her off-guard and do some damage.

Don't air-dash a lot, she'll easily punish you. But the same counts for her, try to hit her between her air-dashes. Maybe set the round limit to 1 too, that way you'll only have to beat her once. As for Dizzy, she's mainly a projectile character, which is why she's so frustrating to play against. She's that way even in Xrd.

I thought I'd mention this as well, but there's an amazing hard secret boss after I-No that you'll only get to fight when certain conditions throughout the Arcade Mode are met. The conditions are as following:
1. Never losing before the fight against I-No. you can use as many continues against I-No as you want, as long as you don't use one in a fight before I-No's.
2. Half or more of your rounds before I-No must be won with Overdrives or Instant Kills.

I know from experience that I-No is a very frustrating boss. But hey, at least there's "Midnight Carnival" playing during the fight. An absolute banger and a track that still gives me PTSD. Try to keep going at it till you get it! Some labbing doesn't hurt too. You can do it!
I'm not sure how to lab that sort of thing. I assume that means practicing in training mode, but I-No seems to have at least twice as much health as a normal character (unless there's some other reason that I'm missing for why my attacks barely do any damage) and from what I can tell based on TV Tropes, the attack is exclusive to the boss version of the character.

As for the warning signs, I think I tried to jump over them, but they still homed in on me and hit me. (and that was for the regular version, not the screen-filling one) I could bump the difficulty down, but I feel like she'd be just as overpowered on Beginner. (seeing as she's the final boss of an arcade game, meaning that she's designed to take as many quarters as possible)

Then again, I'm new to Guilty Gear, so maybe it will help to practice so I know what works for Sol aside from his Punch-Slash-Heavy Slash combo, his reverse Hadoken + kick special, and his Hadoken motion + punch special.

EDIT: gave it a try on Beginner and I still lost. At least one of the patterns isn't anything like what's displayed (it fires orbs that fill the whole screen in every direction), it turns out that I was way off in my estimate of how many orbs there are (it's more like sixty or seventy), and even blocking it drains most of your health bar. (In some cases, it's legitimately impossible to avoid - you have to block it or get hit)

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how to lab that sort of thing. I assume that means practicing in training mode, but I-No seems to have at least twice as much health as a normal character (unless there's some other reason that I'm missing for why my attacks barely do any damage) and from what I can tell based on TV Tropes, the attack is exclusive to the boss version of the character.

As for the warning signs, I think I tried to jump over them, but they still homed in on me and hit me. (and that was for the regular version, not the screen-filling one) I could bump the difficulty down, but I feel like she'd be just as overpowered on Beginner. (seeing as she's the final boss of an arcade game, meaning that she's designed to take as many quarters as possible)

Then again, I'm new to Guilty Gear, so maybe it will help to practice so I know what works for Sol aside from his Punch-Slash-Heavy Slash combo, his reverse Hadoken + kick special, and his Hadoken motion + punch special.

EDIT: gave it a try on Beginner and I still lost. At least one of the patterns isn't anything like what's displayed (it fires orbs that fill the whole screen in every direction), it turns out that I was way off in my estimate of how many orbs there are (it's more like sixty or seventy), and even blocking it drains most of your health bar. (In some cases, it's legitimately impossible to avoid - you have to block it or get hit)
Yeah Boss I-No is just a jacked-up overpowered version of the playable one. If you really can't see yourself beating I-No anytime soon, you could always pull off an Instant Kill, which will destroy her in one go. Hey, it's not honorable, but at least it's there lol. The Tension Gauge is maxed out during the entire fight anyway in Story Mode, so it doesn't hurt to try.

You perform the move by first entering Instant Kill mode, which you do by inputting P+K+S+H at the same time (be sure to be as far from I-No as you can while doing it, as it can get cancelled if she hits you during the animation). Your Tension Gauge will then proceed to change into the Instant Kill Gauge, which means that the Gauge decreases with time and you can't perform any Overdrives. But it is during this mode where you can perform an Instant Kill by inputting qcfqcf+H (the input is also in the command list). Every character has its own unique IK, but with Sol you'll have to be a bit close to I-No.

Instant Kills are one of the more well-known gimmicks of Guilty Gear, and hey, I'd be lying if I said I didn't beat some bosses with them in the past lmao.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah Boss I-No is just a jacked-up overpowered version of the playable one. If you really can't see yourself beating I-No anytime soon, you could always pull off an Instant Kill, which will destroy her in one go. Hey, it's not honorable, but at least it's there lol. The Tension Gauge is maxed out during the entire fight anyway in Story Mode, so it doesn't hurt to try.

You perform the move by first entering Instant Kill mode, which you do by inputting P+K+S+H at the same time (be sure to be as far from I-No as you can while doing it, as it can get cancelled if she hits you during the animation). Your Tension Gauge will then proceed to change into the Instant Kill Gauge, which means that the Gauge decreases with time and you can't perform any Overdrives. But it is during this mode where you can perform an Instant Kill by inputting qcfqcf+H (the input is also in the command list). Every character has its own unique IK, but with Sol you'll have to be a bit close to I-No.

Instant Kills are one of the more well-known gimmicks of Guilty Gear, and hey, I'd be lying if I said I didn't beat some bosses with them in the past lmao.
I beat I-No in Sol's story mode (though I got the bad ending), but I don't think I'll be able to beat the one at the end of arcade mode. The story mode version was tough enough, and I only won in story mode because I hit her with an instant kill by sheer accident. (every time I tried inputting it in an actual fight, it either wouldn't register or I'd miss because Sol's instant kill seems to have no range)

That's just the story mode version, where I had infinite tension gauge and I-No doesn't use her super move. In the arcade mode (where neither of those apply), I wouldn't be able to pull that off - by the time that the tension gauge is maxed out, a single use of her special (whether I block it or not) will instantly kill me.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I beat I-No in Sol's story mode (though I got the bad ending), but I don't think I'll be able to beat the one at the end of arcade mode. The story mode version was tough enough, and I only won in story mode because I hit her with an instant kill by sheer accident. (every time I tried inputting it in an actual fight, it either wouldn't register or I'd miss because Sol's instant kill seems to have no range)

That's just the story mode version, where I had infinite tension gauge and I-No doesn't use her super move. In the arcade mode (where neither of those apply), I wouldn't be able to pull that off - by the time that the tension gauge is maxed out, a single use of her special (whether I block it or not) will instantly kill me.
Ahh, yeah fair enough. Arcade Mode I-No is way more difficult due to the lack of max Tension Gauge and her Overdrives indeed. There's really no way to cheese out of that fight.

I'd just suggest to enjoy the Story Mode with different characters to familiarize yourself with the game from there. GGXXACR has a pretty big roster with tons of great and fun characters. As you said there are different endings, so experiment with the choices you can make throughout the story. Just forget Arcade Mission and the abomination that boss I-No is lol. (at least for now)

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Third volume of Developer's Backyard, and more questions answered. Most of the questions are about game mechanics, such as Faultless Defense or the RISC gauge.
They also talk about rollback netcode (basically asking us to be patient), online modes and more.

An answer that caught my attention was the one about Strive's story:
"The story is a continuation of the Xrd series games, but in such a way that even new players can enjoy it.
Also, we have something in the works for those who are curious about the story so far. We’ll have more information for you later. "

The "we have something in the works" sounds interesting. As I read it, I thought maybe the game will have some kind of anime? Special episodes before the release of the game? Because we know the game itself will have a story mode, which is something that Daisuke likes to work with.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So I put together a Sol moveset recently, or at least part of it. It's a lot more complicated than what I usually do, but, that's Guilty Gear for you.

SOL BADGUY Rides The Fire!
Sol Badguy is the main protagonist of Arc System Work's high-octane anime-styled fighting game, Guilty Gear. Formerly a scientist named Frederick Bulsara working on the Gear Initiative, Sol became the first of the Gears, a race of artificial, highly destructive creatures of magical origin. Feeling remorseful of his role in the creation of the Gears, Sol dedicated himself to slaying the Gears, becoming the titular "Guilty Gear" (Though that name applies to more than just Sol now).

Sol himself is crude, stubborn, and unrefined, and it shows in his fighting style. Sol is one of the most powerful characters in the setting, but is far too lazy to actually train himself or put the effort in. As such, his fighting style more or less boils down to "Punch it until it goes down." Sol also wields the Junkyard Dog MKIII, a club-like sword that allows him to channel fire magic.

In combat, Sol is a combo-centric rushdown fighter. While on the surface he seems pretty easy to get a hang of, his various mechanics make him into one of, if not the most complicated fighters in Smash. His various mechanics force him to get up close and lay into his opponent, while suffering from a lack of defensive options. He may seem a bit too complex for Smash, but hey, that's Guilty Gear for you.

Fighter Abilities

• 1-on-1 Facing: Like most traditional fighting game characters, Sol automatically turns around to face his opponent during 1-on-1 matches.
  • Air Dash: By pressing the control stick forward or back twice, Sol will dash forward a short distance. The forward dash gives Sol twice the distance of the backward dash.
  • Tapped and Held Attacks:Like the Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li, Sol's jab and tilts change depending on if the button is tapped or held.
    • Gatling: Sol can cancel his weaker attacks into stronger attacks, allowing for long and fluid combos. His jab cancels into his weak tilts, his weak tilts into his strong tilts, and his strong tilts into his smash attacks. Sol is also capable of cancelling his neutral aerial and air dash attack into any of his directional aerials.
  • Command Inputs: Like most traditional fighting game characters, Sol can perform more powerful variants of his specials by inputting the corresponding input. Due to the differences between the controls of Smash and Guilty Gear, many attacks have had their input changed.
  • Tension:Sol has a Tension Gauge located under his health bar. This gauge fills up when he performs offensive actions, such as attacking, dashing, and advancing. Generally, the more offensive Sol is, the faster the gauge will fill. The Tension Gauge can be used for his neutral special, Roman Cancel, and his Overdrives.
    • Negative Penalty: If Sol spends too much time performing defensive acts, like shielding, retreating, or not attacking, the entire Tension Gauge will completely empty itself. This forces Sol to favor
    • Overdrives: Sol can spend half his Tension Gauge to perform Overdrives, powerful attacks that require a complex input to perform.
Specials

• Neutral Special - Roman Cancel: Sol releases a brief flashing circle, instantly cancelling the animation he had performed. While it might not seem like much, this move allows Sol to cancel out of one combo to perform another, making it highly valuable to his offensive game when used right. uses up half of Sol's Tension Gauge.
  • Forward Special - Bandit Revolver: A jumping knee strike, followed by a flying kick. Can be strengthened by inputting DOWN, DOWN-FORWARD, FORWARD.
  • Back Special - Bandit Bringer: Sol leaps up, then performs a diving punch. Can be strengthened by inputting DOWN, DOWN-BACK, BACK.
  • Up Special - Volcanic Viper:A rising uppercut with the Junkyard Dog MKIII. Sol's main form of recovery, and a solid anti-air move. The attack rises higher if the button is held. Can be strengthened by inputting FORWARD, DOWN, DOWN-FORWARD.
    • Tataki Otoshi: Pressing the button after performing Volcanic Viper causes Sol to deliver a roundhouse kick, knocking the opponent to the ground.
  • Down Special - Gun Flame:Sol's signature move, consisting of him slamming the Junkyard Dog MKIII into the ground and shooting a wave of fire across the ground. A vital spacing tool, as it is Sol's only projectile.
    • Kudakero: If used in the air, Sol's down special becomes a fiery diving kick instead.
  • Input Special - Fafnir: A fiery, lunging punch. Slow to start up, but deals massive damage. Performed with the input BACK, DOWN, FORWARD.
Overdrives

• Tyrant Rave: Sol stops the opponent with an uppercut, then delivers a vicious, fire-enhanced punch that belts them across the stage. Performed with the input FORWARD, DOWN, BACK, FORWARD. Uses up half of Sol's Tension Gauge.
  • Dragon Install: Sol unleashes the full might of his Gear powers and transforms into a draconic figure. In this state, Sol's speed increases, his moves become safer, and his attack power increases, and the song Ride the Fire! starts playing in the background. The transformation lasts until Sol's Tension Gauge runs out. Performed by inputting DOWN, DOWN-BACK, BACK twice. Uses up half of Sol's Tension Gauge.
  • Final Smash - All Guns Blazing:Sol strikes the opponent with an uppercut. If he connects, he rushes forward, leaving a massive wave of fire in his wake.
    • Instant Kill - Branding Breach: If Sol's opponent is over 70%, he will instead trigger a cinematic cutscene. There, the Junkyard Dog MKII opens up, revealing Sol's original weapon, the Fireseal, as Sol shouts out, "Let's crank it up to 50%!" He then plunges the blade into his opponent and shoots a massive beam of fire out of their back, destroying them instantly. This will override the standard victory animation, instead using Guilty Gear's famous DESTROYED! splash title.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Great work SharkLord. Very nice moveset!

I must say, despite of being really cool, I don't think that we would get something like that in the scenario where Sol manages to make it. I'd expect a simpler version of him. At the same time he would be still complex enough, at least as complex as other DLC characters. I could see Sakurai going with Dragon Install as his gimmick, instead of adding Roman Cancels and the Tension Gauge. Dragon Install would be easier to translate, they could always add that in a similar way to Arsene and call it a day, I guess.

By the way, I found this cool fan art on Twitter. I was thinking on sharing it on the Newcomer Thread but I guess it would be too random lol

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Great work SharkLord. Very nice moveset!

I must say, despite of being really cool, I don't think that we would get something like that in the scenario where Sol manages to make it. I'd expect a simpler version of him. At the same time he would be still complex enough, at least as complex as other DLC characters. I could see Sakurai going with Dragon Install as his gimmick, instead of adding Roman Cancels and the Tension Gauge. Dragon Install would be easier to translate, they could always add that in a similar way to Arsene and call it a day, I guess.

By the way, I found this cool fan art on Twitter. I was thinking on sharing it on the Newcomer Thread but I guess it would be too random lol

I dunno, I feel like the Tension Gauge and Roman Cancels are a pretty integral part of guilty Gear, especially seeing as Dragon Install is tied to that. We've already gotten Super Special Moves with Terry, so it wouldn't be too much or a stretch to give them a gauge rather than having them be triggered by damage.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I dunno, I feel like the Tension Gauge and Roman Cancels are a pretty integral part of guilty Gear, especially seeing as Dragon Install is tied to that. We've already gotten Super Special Moves with Terry, so it wouldn't be too much or a stretch to give them a gauge rather than having them be triggered by damage.
I mean, I agree with you. But maybe is because I constantly think that any complex character will be toned down no matter what. I always imagined Sakurai as someone that would rather have a simple moveset rather than a complex one but at the same time, hard to understand and to get into. Maybe it's just me tho.

At the same time, I always thought Joker would be able to change between 2, 3 maybe 4 personas in Smash, or that he would attack summoning certain personas in a similar way as he already does when he summons Arsene. In the end, Sakurai decided to focus more in the thief and sneaky side of Joker. So I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decided to not give Sol neither RC or Tension Gauge.

Airdashes, Instant Kill and Dragon Install are in my eyes a lock if he gets in, but not really sure about Roman Cancels or the Tension Gauge, to be honest. If Sakurai proves me wrong I'd be glad, hey. lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One issue I see for ideas involving Tension is that Smash kinda struggles with Negative Penalty, especially in a FFA setting, sometimes mechanics can't really be adapted so it'd likely happen

SharkLord

Smash Hero
One issue I see for ideas involving Tension is that Smash kinda struggles with Negative Penalty, especially in a FFA setting, sometimes mechanics can't really be adapted so it'd likely happen
I mean, we could always remove the Negative Penalty. Besides, to get more Tension I'd just have to play like how I do it with my friends; Mash the attack button and hope for the best. It's foolproof!:4pacman:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Great news, boys! Mark your calendars because we now know when the next GG Strive character is going to get announced!

October 11. Any guesses as to which character it may be? I'm personally betting on Sin or Bridget, but personally hoping it'll be an Overture character that hasn't made his or her way on the 2D Fighter scene yet. Slayer would be cool too!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Great news, boys! Mark your calendars because we now know when the next GG Strive character is going to get announced!

October 11. Any guesses as to which character it may be? I'm personally betting on Sin or Bridget, but personally hoping it'll be an Overture character that hasn't made his or her way on the 2D Fighter scene yet. Slayer would be cool too!
i don't know about which one it may be in this specific event but at this point my overall predictions for the rest of the roster are sin, i-no, another newcomer and mayyyyyyyyyyyybe one more classic veteran

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I feel like Sin has to be coming eventually. Honestly with Leo and Nagoryuki, I don't have a lot of hopes or wants, though it'd be nice if Slayer is back since he's my main. I feel like they have one more big surprise return lined up too, probably Bridget.

Anyway, yeah, it'll be Sin.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Are you sure the next character it's gonna be there?
I recall they said the next reveal would be October, that's true.

Anyway, my guesses are either Sin, Elphelt or Johnny. Maybe I-No. I could also see a returning character, like Bridget. I feel we would get one of those for base roster. Slayer, Baiken and Dizzy are probably gonna be DLC if you ask me.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm putting my chips on Slayer only because October is spooky month and he's a vampire (I know you could say something similar with Jack-O and pumpkins but I really don't think she's returning).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

If we're talking Overture characters, we're still missing Dr. Paradigm, Izuna, and Valentine. I'm pretty sure they can be added if the devs chose to, but I don't know if they have any lore significance that would get in the way of that. Then again, apparently Guilty Gear's lore is a bit more leniant, so that might not be too big a deal.

Also, weird question, but was Fanny part of that popularity poll we kept mentioning for a bit? The Wiki mentioned she was on A popularity poll, but I couldn't tell if ir was THE popularity poll.
I'm putting my chips on Slayer only because October is spooky month and he's a vampire (I know you could say something similar with Jack-O and pumpkins but I really don't think she's returning).
Yeah, didn't something happen to Jack-O in the main story? I tried reading up on it, but got a little confused...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, for story reasons I doubt she's gonna come back at all.

What I can see is another character inheriting her moveset or part of Jack-O's moveset.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I feel like Baiken and/or Bridget might be DLC, seeing as they won the polls. Perhaps ArcSys wanted to see who'd sell the best?
Yeah, October does seem like a good month for Slayer; Sure, Nagoryuki took the command-grab blood drain from him, but I wouldn't put it past ArcSys to change him up a bit.
Yeah, didn't something happen to Jack-O in the main story? I tried reading up on it, but got a little confused...
Long story short, she fused with Justice and they became Aria again. I'd imagine Aria might take up her playstyle in Strive or a later installment..

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not really anything new but I thought it would be funny to share this. ArcSys CM being horny on main again lmao

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I just realised the Guilty Gear presentation will be airing at 4AM where I'm at.

mfw Europe ;-;

Not really anything new but I thought it would be funny to share this. ArcSys CM being horny on main again lmao

The person behind the ArcSys Twitter account is hilarious. Easily one of the best video game company accounts, that Twitter has gone through multiple character arcs lmao.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just realised the Guilty Gear presentation will be airing at 4AM where I'm at.

mfw Europe ;-;

The person behind the ArcSys Twitter account is hilarious. Easily one of the best video game company accounts, that Twitter has gone through multiple character arcs lmao.
You're not alone. Here the GG stream will air at 4AM as well lol

As for the person who runs their twitter, yeah, he has been very funny. I remember Twitter banned? ArcSys account for 2-3 days because the community manager posted something Twitter considered too lewd. I don't remember what they posted, I think it was because of Jack-O's victory screen

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

As for the person who runs their twitter, yeah, he has been very funny. I remember Twitter banned? ArcSys account for 2-3 days because the community manager posted something Twitter considered too lewd. I don't remember what they posted, I think it was because of Jack-O's victory screen

This GIF shows two obvious reasons why...

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

Yes... It was a still image of her butt from that victory animation lmao

Sometimes I still wonder how they're still on Twitter especially ever since they've gotten the horny on main license.

Oh god...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is we got two new character reveals: newcomer Giovanna (who may or may not be a JoJo reference), and the returning Anji Mito. The bad news is the base roster will only have 15 characters. That means after Anji (who will be shown off New Year's Day), we'll only have one character left for base game.

I guess we can start placing our bets now, huh?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The new girl looks super, SUPER cool. She gives me a KoF feel.

Anji is nice, not a great fan of him but a lot of people wanted him. Very curious to see his redesign.

I'm guessing the last character will be a very popular request or something in order to boost the hype for the game, like, trailer announcing release date or a beta with the new netcode + Baiken/Johnny/Elphelt/Slayer reveal, and that would make people very excited.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Anji is nice, not a great fan of him but a lot of people wanted him. Very curious to see his redesign.

I'm guessing the last character will be a very popular request or something in order to boost the hype for the game, like, trailer announcing release date or a beta with the new netcode + Baiken/Johnny/Elphelt/Slayer reveal, and that would make people very excited.

IDK his fans seem pretty great to me

(For the record I agree that Anji Mito is underwhelming)

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Daisuke was like: "Yeah Baiken is really popular and has tons of requests. Let's add her brother back to the game!"

I was really not expecting Anji to get in, from all the X2 characters still left behind in that game, he's easily one of the least popular ones. But in some way I'm glad since there was a time where I mained him, so it'll be fun to revisit him. I also can't wait for his redesign, he looks jacked up! Man, can't believe I'm hyped for the guy.

For the time being I like Giovanna's design and especially her doggo, more Italy rep is always amazing in my book. But somehow I think I've seen her before...

EkA9CrgWkAAnnWm.png

With the reveal of a Standard Edition, this pretty much confirms the existence of a Season Pass by impying there'll be a "Deluxe Edition" that will contain that DLC. Not that there was any doubt about that for a Fighting Game in 2020 lmao. Man the wait till April is gonna be a long one, I was a bit hesitant at first for this entry but now I can't wait!

Release date was announced btw, April 9 of 2021.
Screenshot_20201011-091728_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom