• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sol Badguy Rides the Fire!

SNEKeater

Smash Master

New gameplay for Millia and Zato.
Eddie looks so cool and goofy. In terms of visuals and animations they're still doing a great job. I like what I'm seeing here.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Apparently the delay was announced a month ago and I just completely forgot about it, disregard this.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

New gameplay for Millia and Zato.
Eddie looks so cool and goofy. In terms of visuals and animations they're still doing a great job. I like what I'm seeing here.
A bit dissapointed they didn't go with the Millia vs Zato theme for this trailer, I really wanted to listen to more of it. Also, Millia seems to have a really strong air game in Strive, I'm surprised! That air dash was super fast!

I really like the new moves I'm seeing, I can't wait for August! Also, Eddie's animations are on-point. At some points he looks genuinely terrifying, while on others... a bit goofy lmao.

1592944575510.png

Edit: Millia looks more Russian each entry. Next GG game she'll be drinking vodka.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If you guys have an active supporters list, throw me on. I think he's got a pretty good shot.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
A bit dissapointed they didn't go with the Millia vs Zato theme for this trailer, I really wanted to listen to more of it. Also, Millia seems to have a really strong air game in Strive, I'm surprised! That air dash was super fast!

I really like the new moves I'm seeing, I can't wait for August! Also, Eddie's animations are on-point. At some points he looks genuinely terrifying, while on others... a bit goofy lmao.
Edit: Millia looks more Russian each entry. Next GG game she'll be drinking vodka.
Yeah, the lack of their song was a bit disappointing, but I guess we will have to wait to the game's release.

Also, we haven't seen Zato's overdrive. I suppose they're working on it?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd like to be added to the supporter list. I'm just getting into Guilty Gear, but the gameplay looks fun and the soundtrack is downright godly.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
OP has been inactive since a long while, so I have no clue as to what might happen with that Supporter List... I have a post on the first page of this thread, so I might make a new one myself by editing the post. Though I honestly have no clue if that's even allowed...

Do you guys have any ideas when it comes to the Supporter List?

Yeah, the lack of their song was a bit disappointing, but I guess we will have to wait to the game's release.

Also, we haven't seen Zato's overdrive. I suppose they're working on it?
Could very well be. They're probably still working on a lot of stuff considering we haven't seen Instant Kills yet and the likes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
OP has been inactive since a long while, so I have no clue as to what might happen with that Supporter List... I have a post on the first page of this thread, so I might make a new one myself by editing the post. Though I honestly have no clue if that's even allowed...

Do you guys have any ideas when it comes to the Supporter List?

Could very well be. They're probably still working on a lot of stuff considering we haven't seen Instant Kills yet and the likes.
Mods/admins can also make changes (though for mods, it depends on whether or not they are mods for that section), so I can update the supporter list when it needs updating.

EDIT: Looking at that support list, it definitely needs updating.

EDIT 2: I've gone through the thread and added users to it. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but at least the supporter list is updated.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Mods/admins can also make changes (though for mods, it depends on whether or not they are mods for that section), so I can update the supporter list when it needs updating.

EDIT 2: I've gone through the thread and added users to it. Not sure if it's 100% accurate, but at least the supporter list is updated.
Oh thanks a lot, really appreciate it! And yep, looks like the supporter list is complete now. Nice to see it getting updated in such a long time... I'll be sure to tag you if there's anything that needs updating, if that's okay of course.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh thanks a lot, really appreciate it! And yep, looks like the supporter list is complete now. Nice to see it getting updated in such a long time... I'll be sure to tag you if there's anything that needs updating, if that's okay of course.
Sure, sounds good.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Thank you for updating the list! :)

Yeah. At one point I just thought they weren't gonna add Instant Kills, honestly. But they already clarified they're working on IK.

The thing that worries me is Sol's Dragon Install. I don't recall them talking about it, so I don't know at all if that will return or not.

If you guys have an active supporters list, throw me on. I think he's got a pretty good shot.
I'd like to be added to the supporter list. I'm just getting into Guilty Gear, but the gameplay looks fun and the soundtrack is downright godly.
Welcome! Happy to see more people interested in Sol or the series.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
They have? Because I've been super worried those were dropped.
Yeah, I don't remember when or where, but I'm 99% sure they talked about it. Maybe it was in a livestream? Sorry, I'm not really sure now, but I'm pretty sure they said that IK would return.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I doubt they'd cut something as important as Instant Kills. They've been a staple since the first Guilty Gear, and are highly likely a thing that will never leave the series. Instant Kills stand pretty much synonymous with Guilty Gear as a whole. And god, imagine the outrage that will ensue after the announcement of no IKs... Maximillian Dood will have no Instant Kills to react to either :(

I'm way more worried for Dragon Install, I really hope it does come back. I especially want to see how it looks, knowing the fact Sol's transformation becomes more and more physical with each entry.

Instant Kills and Dragon Installs are one of the most hypest thing in GG. I'm pretty sure the former will come back, as for the latter? I have no clue, it could be incorporated with his IK. Which would be kinda lame in my opinion, but hey, it's better than nothing. Sol matches will have to be less exciting I suppose.

Also RIP this iconic meme if DI is really scrapped.

1593020464660.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I doubt they'd cut something as important as Instant Kills. They've been a staple since the first Guilty Gear, and are highly likely a thing that will never leave the series. Instant Kills stand pretty much synonymous with Guilty Gear as a whole. And god, imagine the outrage that will ensue after the announcement of no IKs... Maximillian Dood will have no Instant Kills to react to either :(

I'm way more worried for Dragon Install, I really hope it does come back. I especially want to see how it looks, knowing the fact Sol's transformation becomes more and more physical with each entry.

Instant Kills and Dragon Installs are one of the most hypest thing in GG. I'm pretty sure the former will come back, as for the latter? I have no clue, it could be incorporated with his IK. Which would be kinda lame in my opinion, but hey, it's better than nothing. Sol matches will have to be less exciting I suppose.

Also RIP this iconic meme if DI is really scrapped.

View attachment 276099
They want to simplify Strive but at the same time, we still have gimmicks, with Ky getting a new one. I do not believe they'd scrap the poster boy's gimmick, especially as they gave it a ****ing theme song last time

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah I wanna think the same about Dragon Install, I don't know if any interviewer has asked Daisuke about this, but it would be nice.
Maybe they don't want to show it yet because of some type of spoilers, involving a new design for Sol's transformation? I don't know lol

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
They want to simplify Strive but at the same time, we still have gimmicks, with Ky getting a new one. I do not believe they'd scrap the poster boy's gimmick, especially as they gave it a ****ing theme song last time
Yeah, true. Most characters have revamped movesets for Strive, but they're still very similar to their previous incarnations. I'm fairly convinced it's just under development, but I wanted to entertain the thought of possibly having no DI for Sol. Especially the fact that we haven't seen it yet this far into the wait, while with Xrd it was already revealed (not entirely may I mind you, just the startup animation) within the first trailer.

Like the Overdrives and Instant Kills, they take more time than your average moves. Though honestly I can't wait to see this entry's incarnation for Sol's Dragon Install.

D

Deleted member

Okay so I saw two different tweets from users on how Smash would censor "that is bull****" in "Smell of the Game" and I couldn't help but chuckle. One says "this is Smash Bros. blazing" and the other says "remember you are blazing".

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay so I saw a two different tweets from users on how Smash would censor "that is bull****" in "Smell of the Game" and I couldn't help but chuckle. One says "this is Smash Bros. blazing" and the other says "remember you are blazing".
I think it's gonna be "That is-my heart-blazing". Like how they replaced "damn right" in Mass Destruction with another "all night".

D

Deleted member

I think it's gonna be "That is-my heart-blazing". Like how they replaced "damn right" in Mass Destruction with another "all night".
I know I said this million times but why can't you say "damn" but can say "hell" (Ken's Hell Wheel)?

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I know I said this million times but why can't you say "damn" but can say "hell" (Ken's Hell Wheel)?
In general, media often don't really consider "hell" to be a very strong curse word, and will usually consider "damn" to be stronger of one. (Though I hear there were some people who didn't much appreciate "hell" being in the DK Rap.)

Funny enough, I know that in Shadow the Hedgehog (2005), which is rated E10+ as Ultimate is, there were numerous instances of the word "damn," so logically they could have said it in Ultimate too if they wanted.

D

Deleted member

Funny enough, I know that in Shadow the Hedgehog (2005), which is rated E10+ as Ultimate is, there were numerous instances of the word "damn," so logically they could have said it in Ultimate too if they wanted.
2005 was probably a different time

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Arc System posted the second volume of Developer's Backyard a few days ago, where they answer some of the fan's questions and talk about the game. Besides the questions they also talk about Roman Cancels here, with a few videos with basic and advanced examples to use it. There are some very cool tricks with the mechanic.
https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/guiltygear/db/en/

Okay so I saw a two different tweets from users on how Smash would censor "that is bull****" in "Smell of the Game" and I couldn't help but chuckle. One says "this is Smash Bros. blazing" and the other says "remember you are blazing".
Well, that's assuming we would get Smell of the Game to begin with, something I'm not really sure about if I'm honest. Between these two examples I'd say the second one is a better option lol

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think we'll get a song from an unreleased game if Sol were to get in. Pretty sure they'd focus on tracks from the mainline games up until Xrd. So yes... probably no Isuka tracks too if we're counting that as a spinoff... ;-;

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So yes... probably no Isuka tracks too if we're counting that as a spinoff... ;-;
They might add the tracks used in I Wanna Be the Guy. The Steam version of Isuka references their usage in that game by letting you unlock a giant cherry emoji.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
They might add the tracks used in I Wanna Be the Guy. The Steam version of Isuka references their usage in that game by letting you unlock a giant cherry emoji.
I had no clue that was even a thing. I'm a big fan of the Isuka OST so it's cool to see another game use its tracks.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I had no clue that was even a thing. I'm a big fan of the Isuka OST so it's cool to see another game use its tracks.
Most people only know of Isuka's soundtrack because of IWBTG.

D

Deleted member

You know if a new Smash game comes in the future, what's going to happen to amiibos?

Lyncario

Smash Ace
You know if a new Smash game comes in the future, what's going to happen to amiibos?
It would depend on if Nintendo's future consoles support amiibos or not. And considering how much money those things make, even just for Smash, I'm pretty sure that they're not going away for at least a long time.

D

Deleted member

It would depend on if Nintendo's future consoles support amiibos or not. And considering how much money those things make, even just for Smash, I'm pretty sure that they're not going away for at least a long time.
Weird because I thought toys-to-life are a fad no?

D

Deleted member

They are but because Nintendo understocks them, they manage to sell every amiibo they produce
You know if Nintendo did discontinue amiibos once they're done making one for DLC characters, I'm assuming for say Smash Ultimate DX would be just normal figures modeled after trophies for newcomers.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
In a few hours there's gonna be a special stream, a roundtable discussion about the future of the japanese FGC games, with people from the big japanese developers, including Arc System Works. There's also Capcom, Namco or SNK, among others.
It seems there's gonna be some announcements as well, and luckily, we will get the next GG Strive character there.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Definitely didn't expect Leo to be announced next, and we finally got to see the mysterious samurai dude in action. I don't think ArcSys pays much attention to the season for announcement, but Slayer would fit October well I think.
Not surprised this got a PS5 announcement too.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, surprised to see Leo this soon. I'm happy, he's cool, and so is Nagoriyuki.

Next reveal for early october.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Nago looks cool as hell. He seems to have lifesteal and can bite people off and use their blood to enhance his blade. Definitely gonna play him first when the game comes to PC whenever it does.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Nago looks cool as hell. He seems to have lifesteal and can bite people off and use their blood to enhance his blade. Definitely gonna play him first when the game comes to PC whenever it does.
They confirmed PS5 today, and Steam is also listed in the website of the game.
Not sure if it will release on Steam at the same time as Playstation tho.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
They made Leo even cooler and finally revealed Nagoriyuki! Sick. I noticed he has a lot of Slayer moves - specifically the way his run seems to phase him out of existence. Seems like Slayer may be sitting this one out, but considering how cool Nagoriyuki is I'm okay with that. More reason for me to find new mains.

Top Bottom