• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sol Badguy Rides the Fire!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I feel that whatever roster they have planned, they are going to find some space to cram baiken and bridget somehwere considering baiken is number one request worldwide (even asia) and bridget is number one request in japan. Dizzy and jhonny chances aren't that bad neither, extremely likely DLC if not on base game. I wonder if we are going to see some of the more forgotten characyers like zappa, testament or abba?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I feel that whatever roster they have planned, they are going to find some space to cram baiken and bridget somehwere considering baiken is number one request worldwide (even asia) and bridget is number one request in japan. Dizzy and jhonny chances aren't that bad neither, extremely likely DLC if not on base game. I wonder if we are going to see some of the more forgotten characyers like zappa, testament or abba?
i'd LOOOOOOVE to see zappa come back, but seeing how he was basically written off the roster in xrd and how much guilty gear likes to base its entire rosters on story, i don't see it sadly

but at the same time

i want to believe

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I think they'll be using that poll for DLC. They'll definitely want to save Bridget and Baiken for DLC, as they're huge fan-favourites so they'll sell well. I also think there's not just enough time anymore to consider adding characters for the base game anymore, as that is also primarily done in the earlier stages of game development. But there's always a chance that due to the COVID-related delay they might have enough time to cram in one more character, but I honestly doubt it.

i'd LOOOOOOVE to see zappa come back, but seeing how he was basically written off the roster in xrd and how much guilty gear likes to base its entire rosters on story, i don't see it sadly

but at the same time

i want to believe
Guilty Gear's story right now is just basically bull**** that Daisuke comes up with on the fly at this point lmao. The only characters who I was sure of would be coming back due to story-related reasons were Sin and Ramlethal, and even then, honestly, they might just reboot the entire story (or parts of it, while keeping the original plot still there) as well seeing how they're handling stuff this entry!

SO NEVER LOSE HOPE!

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Imo, August reveal will be either Slayer or I-NO as we have yet to see one of the X series guys into this and they're still fairly important to the lore/plot last time I checked. What I wonder is if Ram will be the only Valentine we see playable in Strive by the end of the whole thing.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think they'll be using that poll for DLC. They'll definitely want to save Bridget and Baiken for DLC, as they're huge fan-favourites so they'll sell well. I also think there's not just enough time anymore to consider adding characters for the base game anymore, as that is also primarily done in the earlier stages of game development. But there's always a chance that due to the COVID-related delay they might have enough time to cram in one more character, but I honestly doubt it.

Guilty Gear's story right now is just basically bull**** that Daisuke comes up with on the fly at this point lmao. The only characters who I was sure of would be coming back due to story-related reasons were Sin and Ramlethal, and even then, honestly, they might just reboot the entire story (or parts of it, while keeping the original plot still there) as well seeing how they're handling stuff this entry!

SO NEVER LOSE HOPE!
Speaking of forgotten characters... Anji mito is so forgotten that even I forget to include him on the forgotten characters list. Thats a character that i would really love to see what they could do with a heavy redesign.

I think that if they asked for character suggestion, they may had an open slot for one. and still is not like bridget and baiken popularity is something new, so they could always have been already in development :p)

At this point i feel that INO is the only shoe in though, considering you can use her story to explain whatever reboot/multiverse/alternate dimension they will be going through.
(Not that i mind bringing back dead characters..and i dont remember every single detail of the xrd storyline.. but wasn't ramlethal like... boom?

Plus i feel that the story right now isn't going to even follow the cliffhanger at the end of the previous story
Unless i lost something, wasn't THAT MAN going to do his move at the end of rev?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imo, August reveal will be either Slayer or I-NO as we have yet to see one of the X series guys into this as they're still fairly important to the lore/plot last time I checked. What I wonder is of Ram will be the only Valentine we see playable in Strive by the end of the whole thing.
I've seen people worry about Elphelt coming back so maybe lmao

Also Bridget should be an adult by now in the timeline right? I'm very curious how he'd be redesigned as part of me thinks it'd be ****ing hilarious if we got a new guy who after a few seconds throws out a yoyo, revealing that Bridget's gone through puberty to **** with the fans

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
(Not that i mind bringing back dead characters..and i dont remember every single detail of the xrd storyline.. but wasn't ramlethal like... boom?
pretty sure she came back before the end of the whole thing through means I forget, I think she's even in one of the epilogues with Dizzy and Elphelt?
Jack-O is the only one gone iirc, and even she has a clone with a different name if Ishiwatari reaaaaally wanted to bring her back in someway.
GG is weird about deaths, Kliff and Judgement doesn't look like they'll be back, yet that didn't stop I-NO from being in Xrd from what I've read.
I've seen people worry about Elphelt coming back so maybe lmao
Worried that she'll be back due to her status as a top tier?
I wouldn't mind Bridget being redesigned but I wouldn''t be surprised if they losing their more feminine traits would cause an uproar among the community lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
pretty sure she came back before the end of the whole thing through means I forget, I think she's even in one of the epilogues with Dizzy and Elphelt?
Jack-O is the only one gone iirc, and even she has a clone with a different name if Ishiwatari reaaaaally wanted to bring her back in someway.
GG is weird about deaths, Kliff and Judgement doesn't look like they'll be back, yet that didn't stop I-NO from being in Xrd from what I've read.

Worried that she'll be back due to her status as a top tier?
I wouldn't mind Bridget being redesigned but I wouldn''t be surprised if they losing their more feminine traits would cause an uproar among the community lol.
Yeah Elphelt's super ****ing hated for that lmao

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Speaking of forgotten characters... Anji mito is so forgotten that even I forget to include him on the forgotten characters list. Thats a character that i would really love to see what they could do with a heavy redesign.
Man, I feel bad for forgetting the guy as well. I do think a badass redesign could help him and give him a big boost in popularity, I liked the guy but I'd be lying if I said his design was one of the more interesting ones in GG.

I think that if they asked for character suggestion, they may had an open slot for one. and still is not like bridget and baiken popularity is something new, so they could always have been already in development :p)
Which is why I think both got secured a place as DLC from the start, both of those characters can sell entire Season Passes lmao.

At this point i feel that INO is the only shoe in though, considering you can use her story to explain whatever reboot/multiverse/alternate dimension they will be going through.
Yeah, I mean, Guilty Gear's canon is already messy enough. And it's not like Time Travelling is a foreign concept to the series, Daisuke is just gonna do what he's best at, making his story as Anime as possible. Also, regarding that spoiler:
Ramlethal was saved by Raven at the last minute and was revealed to be alive during the encounter with Ariels

Talking about Ariels... I was really sad that both her and That Man weren't playable. Hopefully they'll have a shot for this entry.
Okay, maybe not for Ariels, seeing as she's gone lmao

Plus i feel that the story right now isn't going to even follow the cliffhanger at the end of the previous story
Unless i lost something, wasn't THAT MAN going to do his move at the end of rev?
Honestly, Rev2 resolves the story arc pretty well I feel. But there's definitely material for a next story arc. Strive might honestly say "**** it" and do its own thing. But knowing Daisuke, that guy is probably gonna fall through lmao.
Also, regarding That Man, the guy gave himself to the authorities and basically locked himself up. He might come back, but I feel pretty satisfied with his character arc and I believe there's a possibility we saw the last of him (at least for a while) in Xrd.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So I've heard of Guilty Gear, though I don't know much about it. I tried looking the plot, but all I got for my efforts was a headache. If anybody happens to have a simplified version of it that can get me up to date, let me know.

Despite that, I've been trying to keep up with Strive, at least with the characters. While I always understand the appeal of returning characters, I noticed something in my research that got me a mostly-crazy but potentially interesting idea. I noticed that there were characters who were playable at some point, but not yet in a proper fighting game. So naturally, that inspired me to ask about what you (the ones with knowledge of the series) would think of their hypothetical inclusion in Strive. Based on the wiki's groupings those characters are:

*The Overture characters (Dr. Paradigm, Izuna, Valentine)
*The "Other" characters (Ansect, Chimaki, Es-Lord, Es-Watt, Fanny, Goose, Judgement, Kakusei Ky, Kakusei Sol, Leopaldon, Ra-Ki, Robo-Ky II, and Zako-Dan)

Keep in mind, I don't understand the lore, so some of these characters are probably out of the running. At the same time, saying a fighting game can't use a certain character because lore reasons is like saying a comic book can't use a certain character because they died, so what do I know? It's just something I wanted to ask.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I believe Raven appeared in Overture (not sure if playable) before becoming playable in Revelator if I'm not mistaken, that alongside characters like Paradigm being part of Revelators popularity poll makes me believe there's not much in the way of them becoming a fighter eventually barring budget/time/business reasonings. But with how fighting games like these usually handle DLC, I'm expect fan favorites to return alongside one or two new faces per season depending on how big those are for Strive (hopefully somewhere along the 4-6 characters range).

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So I've heard of Guilty Gear, though I don't know much about it. I tried looking the plot, but all I got for my efforts was a headache. If anybody happens to have a simplified version of it that can get me up to date, let me know.

Despite that, I've been trying to keep up with Strive, at least with the characters. While I always understand the appeal of returning characters, I noticed something in my research that got me a mostly-crazy but potentially interesting idea. I noticed that there were characters who were playable at some point, but not yet in a proper fighting game. So naturally, that inspired me to ask about what you (the ones with knowledge of the series) would think of their hypothetical inclusion in Strive. Based on the wiki's groupings those characters are:

*The Overture characters (Dr. Paradigm, Izuna, Valentine)
*The "Other" characters (Ansect, Chimaki, Es-Lord, Es-Watt, Fanny, Goose, Judgement, Kakusei Ky, Kakusei Sol, Leopaldon, Ra-Ki, Robo-Ky II, and Zako-Dan)

Keep in mind, I don't understand the lore, so some of these characters are probably out of the running. At the same time, saying a fighting game can't use a certain character because lore reasons is like saying a comic book can't use a certain character because they died, so what do I know? It's just something I wanted to ask.
So if you'd like I can give you a short rundown. It's mostly just a bunch of jargon but it's not that hard to follow.
Pre GG1: Justice is made and Gears which are like magic robot human hybrids. Justice is their leader. They go all terminator on the humans. War happens for a long time. Sol eventually beats Justice. Hooray peace.

GG1: The prison holding Justice seems to weaken so the powers that be hold a tournament to select the people to fight Justice again. Sol wins the tournament. Surprise tournament was a trap by Testament to revive Justice. Justice is revived but promptly beat down by Sol. Sol was able to do all that because he was the prottype gear and he's super pissed at the guy known as That Man who made the gears.

GGX: Oh crap turns out Justice had a daughter. Everyone goes out to find her because the government puts a giant bounty on her head. The Gear is Dizzy and she's nice so everyone leaves her alive and pretends she died.

GGXX: I-no who works for That Man comes around and causes trouble Sol stops that. The post-war administration war bureau are up to shenanigans. I-no gets beat by Sol.

GGXX +R: The post war administration bureau is still up to shenanigans. The get destroyed and turns out people were behind them, the Conclave. I-no causes more issues. Doesn't amount to anything.

GG2: Ky and Dizzy had a son named Sin. Dizzy gets frozen because a new threat called Valentine wants to erase Gears to cause problems. Sin and Ky have a strained relationship. Sin is being raised by Sol due to Sin's accelerated aging. Sin and Ky make up and Sol stops Valentine.

GGXrd- Just watch the story mode on youtube.
As for which of those characters will comeback the short answer is none but Fanny and Izuna would be cool to see.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I believe Raven appeared in Overture (not sure if playable) before becoming playable in Revelator if I'm not mistaken, that alongside characters like Paradigm being part of Revelators popularity poll makes me believe there's not much in the way of them becoming a fighter eventually barring budget/time/business reasonings. But with how fighting games like these usually handle DLC, I'm expect fan favorites to return alongside one or two new faces per season depending on how big those are for Strive (hopefully somewhere along the 4-6 characters range).
Raven and Jack-O' appeared way before many people think actually. They appeared in Guilty Gear X, they were only hooded mysterious figures back then however.

Also I fully expect most DLC characters to be famous fan-favourites as well. Characters like Testament, Slayer, Bridget, Baiken and I-No for example.

Guilty Gear is in a super weird spot... Daisuke has always expressed that most of the decisions regarding stages and characters are story-related, even so much so they removed a stage in the jump from Sign to Revelator for these so-called "story reasons". Though honestly, I don't really buy that lmao, Zepp stage was super laggy and I'm fairly convinced that was the reason for its removal.

A thing to note too, Kliff is part of the original 10 recurring characters from the very first Guilty Gear. They're characters that are in each installment no matter what, they're the first 9 revealed characters for Strive as well. Yet ever since his canonical death (being in X2 I believe), he hasn't appeared in a new entry ever since...

But the thing is, in Xrd, there were so many non-playable characters (that were playable before) that had a bigger role in the story than let's say, Potemkin for example, who only had what, like 2 lines or something. Characters like Zappa and ESPECIALLY Robo-Ky come to mind. They were really prevelant in the story mode, yet were deemed to be non-playable for some reason.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So if you'd like I can give you a short rundown. It's mostly just a bunch of jargon but it's not that hard to follow.
Pre GG1: Justice is made and Gears which are like magic robot human hybrids. Justice is their leader. They go all terminator on the humans. War happens for a long time. Sol eventually beats Justice. Hooray peace.

GG1: The prison holding Justice seems to weaken so the powers that be hold a tournament to select the people to fight Justice again. Sol wins the tournament. Surprise tournament was a trap by Testament to revive Justice. Justice is revived but promptly beat down by Sol. Sol was able to do all that because he was the prottype gear and he's super pissed at the guy known as That Man who made the gears.

GGX: Oh crap turns out Justice had a daughter. Everyone goes out to find her because the government puts a giant bounty on her head. The Gear is Dizzy and she's nice so everyone leaves her alive and pretends she died.

GGXX: I-no who works for That Man comes around and causes trouble Sol stops that. The post-war administration war bureau are up to shenanigans. I-no gets beat by Sol.

GGXX +R: The post war administration bureau is still up to shenanigans. The get destroyed and turns out people were behind them, the Conclave. I-no causes more issues. Doesn't amount to anything.

GG2: Ky and Dizzy had a son named Sin. Dizzy gets frozen because a new threat called Valentine wants to erase Gears to cause problems. Sin and Ky have a strained relationship. Sin is being raised by Sol due to Sin's accelerated aging. Sin and Ky make up and Sol stops Valentine.

GGXrd- Just watch the story mode on youtube.
As for which of those characters will comeback the short answer is none but Fanny and Izuna would be cool to see.
So if I got this right, this is one of those stories where everything is a conspiracy? Or am I misreading this?
Raven and Jack-O' appeared way before many people think actually. They appeared in Guilty Gear X, they were only hooded mysterious figures back then however.

Also I fully expect most DLC characters to be famous fan-favourites as well. Characters like Testament, Slayer, Bridget, Baiken and I-No for example.

Guilty Gear is in a super weird spot... Daisuke has always expressed that most of the decisions regarding stages and characters are story-related, even so much so they removed a stage in the jump from Sign to Revelator for these so-called "story reasons". Though honestly, I don't really buy that lmao, Zepp stage was super laggy and I'm fairly convinced that was the reason for its removal.

A thing to note too, Kliff is part of the original 10 recurring characters from the very first Guilty Gear. They're characters that are in each installment no matter what, they're the first 9 revealed characters for Strive as well. Yet ever since his canonical death (being in X2 I believe), he hasn't appeared in a new entry ever since...

But the thing is, in Xrd, there were so many non-playable characters (that were playable before) that had a bigger role in the story than let's say, Potemkin for example, who only had what, like 2 lines or something. Characters like Zappa and ESPECIALLY Robo-Ky come to mind. They were really prevelant in the story mode, yet were deemed to be non-playable for some reason.
Huh. Must be a priorities thing. Then again, 3D fighters might be harder to work with than 2D fighters, so they probably had to make some sacrifices.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So if I got this right, this is one of those stories where everything is a conspiracy? Or am I misreading this?
Conspiracies do play a pretty big part in GG yes.

A thing to note too, Kliff is part of the original 10 recurring characters from the very first Guilty Gear. They're characters that are in each installment no matter what, they're the first 9 revealed characters for Strive as well. Yet ever since his canonical death (being in X2 I believe), he hasn't appeared in a new entry ever .
Kliff actually died in GG1. They'd leave him and a Justice out of sequels but then bring them back in revisions like X 1.5 or +R. Their arcade routes would just routes would just be stuff relating to the past because they were gone.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Kliff actually died in GG1. They'd leave him and a Justice out of sequels but then bring them back in revisions like X 1.5 or +R. Their arcade routes would just routes would just be stuff relating to the past because they were gone.
Oh yeah, true! Thanks for clearing that up.

Huh. Must be a priorities thing. Then again, 3D fighters might be harder to work with than 2D fighters, so they probably had to make some sacrifices.
I remember Daisuke saying that if he were able to create one more additional DLC character for Xrd, it would've been Robo-Ky. Kinda implies there was not enough development time to add him and Zappa, so yeah you're right. Sacrifices had to be made ;-;

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
As said before.. raven was teased in older games pretty heavily and always was a prime candidate to be a new character. He appears in overture, and i believe that he was first a japan exclusive dlc? when teh game first released? and then added to the rereleases of teh game.
I feel someof the concepts of overture hella interesting. i really hope that they revisit sometime the concept with a design update that applies everything learned this past decades regarding mobas, and with a slightly friendlier everything.

As for it's characters? i really reqally loved valentine's aesthetic and her units, but i feel that her character is directly countinued by the other valentines, and honestly i don't think she is gonna bring much to the table that say, A.B.A.. Sin and playable raven already made the jump, and Izuna... could worki guess, but so far my favourite is dr paradigm. would love to see him playable, but i guess i'm okey if he becomes a background character that still is relevant to the plot.

Conspiracies do play a pretty big part in GG yes.

They also were brought back as bonus characters, with little improvement over their sprites, and as bonus characters, they wer broken AF and i believe non tournament legal. so, yeah... purely Bonus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What makes me the most curious about Strive so far is the dub, I really liked the dub in Xrd, especially for characters like Sin, Faust and goddamn Slayer being fantastic, so I want to see how they're gonna deliver on the new dub, especially as it likely won't get patched out and how awful the lipsyncing was in Xrd

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I have a little game:
If Sol Badguy were to get in Smash, which songs would you like to see get remixed, and as an added question, by which composer?

As for me... I definitely want to see a remix of "Keep Yourself Alive" done by Daisuke Ishiwatari himself, the first version of it preferably. He'd definitely maintain that pure rock feeling and it's a nice way to update the track. So far every fighting game character in Smash has had a remix of his main theme, so it's only fair to give Sol one as well.

I'd also maybe want to see Yoko Shimomura try her hand at a remix of "Holy Orders". I definitely think it's the GG track that fits her style the best, especially by incorporating a violin like the Overture version of the track.

I'd also want to see Yasushi Asada do a remix again as well. But I'm not sure what song to give him, maybe "Keep in Gates"? He can definitely pull off the creepy vibes like he did in Brinstar Depths.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm just hoping for a mix of games the songs are from due to my favourite version of Awe of She being from X, I won't settle for any other version and I'd hope we'd get a version of Holy Orders that's not from Xrd
I can definitely see Awe of She get added for her Spirit Battle. And yeah, I totally agree, that intro blows every other version out of the water for me. The Holy Orders from the first Guilty Gear is actually my favourite version, I also really dig the version from X, so I'm either hoping they give it a new remix or pick one of those ones.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I have a little game:
If Sol Badguy were to get in Smash, which songs would you like to see get remixed, and as an added question, by which composer?

As for me... I definitely want to see a remix of "Keep Yourself Alive" done by Daisuke Ishiwatari himself, the first version of it preferably. He'd definitely maintain that pure rock feeling and it's a nice way to update the track. So far every fighting game character in Smash has had a remix of his main theme, so it's only fair to give Sol one as well.

I'd also maybe want to see Yoko Shimomura try her hand at a remix of "Holy Orders". I definitely think it's the GG track that fits her style the best, especially by incorporating a violin like the Overture version of the track.

I'd also want to see Yasushi Asada do a remix again as well. But I'm not sure what song to give him, maybe "Keep in Gates"? He can definitely pull off the creepy vibes like he did in Brinstar Depths.
they're all perfect as is

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You could literally just reuse the X series soundtrack with no remixes or tracks from other games and I'd be a-ok with it, that games music is just sublime. But I'd probably put Noontide and Midnight Carnival at the top.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I'd definitely be alright with no remixes, as the games itself already have impeccable music. But I feel like having Smash remixes is just part of the course. Now unless ArcSys is as stingy as Square Enix when it comes to Smash and music, Sol would definitely come along with some remixes (I'm counting on maybe one or two though).

You could literally just reuse the X series soundtrack with no remixes or tracks from other games and I'd be a-ok with it, that games music is just sublime. But I'd probably put Noontide and Midnight Carnival at the top.
Inb4 we get Guilty Gear X Advance Edition OST

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd definitely be alright with no remixes, as the games itself already have impeccable music. But I feel like having Smash remixes is just part of the course. Now unless ArcSys is as stingy as Square Enix when it comes to Smash and music, Sol would definitely come along with some remixes (I'm counting on maybe one or two though).

Square's stingyness is exagerrated due to them not owning the music rights, the actual stingyness is from Nintendo due to them being pretty cheap with Smash as seen with the union actors and stuff

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Square's stingyness is exagerrated due to them not owning the music rights, the actual stingyness is from Nintendo due to them being pretty cheap with Smash as seen with the union actors and stuff
That is probably the case as well. But either way, there's not much doubt that Sugiyama is a prick when it comes to his music. Even when it comes to licensing them for DQ itself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That is probably the case as well. But either way, there's not much doubt that Sugiyama is a prick when it comes to his music. Even when it comes to licensing them for DQ itself.
Oh yeah Sugiyama's a **** who every DQ fan I've seen has said they're highly anticipating the day he finally croaks, but DQ still got 8 songs whereas Uematsu's only gotten 2 FF songs, Sawano has none despite having worked on XCX and Nintendo's anti-union policy suggest it's not just Sugiyama being a *******

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh yeah Sugiyama's a **** who every DQ fan I've seen has said they're highly anticipating the day he finally croaks, but DQ still got 8 songs whereas Uematsu's only gotten 2 FF songs, Sawano has none despite having worked on XCX and Nintendo's anti-union policy suggest it's not just Sugiyama being a *******
I'm not trying to defend that policy or anything, but at least Nintendo doesn't cancel perfectly good games just because the people making them unionised.

Looking at you, Netflix...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I dunno the legal problems fan games bring, but if companies like Sega and Capcom can embrace the nearly endless suply of hacks, mods and games made from scratch by fans, I dunno why Nintendo has to always copyright claim any project involving their characters (given that they aren't making a profit out of it that is). But that's probably not very relevant to Sols discussion.
Don't you dare.
I doubt Sol would get the same treatment Terry did and bring songs from other ArcSys IPs (as I just don't think they own that many iconic properties compared to SNK), but if we were to get anything from Blazblue by any chance, White Requiem would be my top pick.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Don't you dare.
I doubt Sol would get the same treatment Terry did and bring songs from other ArcSys IPs (as I just don't think they own that many iconic properties compared to SNK), but if we were to get anything from Blazblue by any chance, White Requiem would be my top pick.
Having Blazblue tracks with Sol's inclusion is a possibility seeing as Daisuke is also the composer of Blazblue's soundtrack. But honestly, I can only see it happening once we get around 25+ Guilty Gear tracks to begin with, just like Terry. If they'll pick Blazblue tracks, I can see them picking the ones that sound distinctly different from GG's music style. White Requiem would definitely fit that. Maybe we'll get River City tracks as well, who knows? In a perfect world we'd get UNIST tracks, but seeing as they'll have to contact different companies and a different composer (being the godly Raito), the chances of that happening are zero to none.

...Talking about UNIST makes me want a French Bread rep now... It'd be so awesome to have Melty Blood and UNIST content in Smash.

As for what Blazblue track I'd want the most, definitely Gluttony Fangs II. I'm a sucker for that piano.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
NGPX is gonna be awesome! And it's great to see Ramlethal back!

As for the next character, I hope Slayer makes it since he's been my main for several games now, but I also hope they reveal the black robot samurai from Evo. I need to know his deal.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Hey guys... Remember that one Mega Smash Poll conducted by Source Gaming that includes well over 1000 characters?

Well, our boy is in... And he's in the top 50 at that! And to think we were thinking he would barely be in the top 100 if we were lucky. DAMN!!

He's number 32! I can't believe it!

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
Hey guys... Remember that one Mega Smash Poll conducted by Source Gaming that includes well over 1000 characters?

Well, our boy is in... And he's in the top 50 at that! And to think we were thinking he would barely be in the top 100 if we were lucky. DAMN!!

He's number 32! I can't believe it!
Sol is also the 2nd highest FG character ranked on the poll only behind Scorpion at 29

pleasantly surprised

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I know it's a small sample all things considered but damn, the majority of my wishlist was at the top 100, almost 50 if it weren't for Kiryu barely not making it in and I don't blame anyone for not knowing who Estelle is. Good on Sol for completely trumping my expectations too, didn't' expect GG would get so much love given it's still a pretty niche franchise, and it's not like it's as memed to death as other generally more obscure IPs like Ace Attorney or Yakuza.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I'm still processing the fact that Sol beat Heihachi in terms of popularity... Man what a world we live in. It's strange to see Guilty Gear going from a "who" franchise to something that beat the king of 3D Fighting Games on a Smash poll. I'm also very happy to see Phoenix be in the Top 10 and Kiryu being 51st of all things.

Wow... The Smash speculation scene sure has changed in this year alone. It's amazing.

You love to see it.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
welp, Heihachi got his mii costume back, probably disconfirming him for our likeliest next fighter rep? Wouldn't say that goes in favour of Sol but thought it was worth mentioning.
Edit: I guess I should add I don't really fear the precedent Min Min sets would affect Sols chances. Arms is a young IP Nintendo owns so it makes sense they might stray from the obvious choice of who could represent that series instead of the mascot, but for a guest series like GG, I doubt they'd go for someone that's not the clear lead of the franchise for well over 2 decades (not like I'd mind that much either, I don't even play as Sol in the games).

Last edited:
Top Bottom