• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sol Badguy Rides the Fire!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
if all future DLC will be 3rd parties and they mostly focus on unrepped developers/companies, Sol definitely has a good shot, I feel most of the significant JP devs got some representation in Ultimate as of now outside of Koei, so ArcSys being among the next would make sense. It becomes more complicated if they start asking for more western originating characters, but even then, I don't think there's that many that'd end up making it into Smash. But I don't think anything's been set in stone for what happens post fighters pass, I'd like to believe it'll mostly be 3rd parties and maybe a few new Nintendo IPs like Astral Chain, maybe something like an Arms character if they make a sequel with a different mascot?

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to pop in here and say I have never played or seen enough gameplay of Guilty Gear before, but Sol Badguy looks pretty damn cool and would make a great addition to Smash.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to pop in here and say I have never played or seen enough gameplay of Guilty Gear before, but Sol Badguy looks pretty damn cool and would make a great addition to Smash.
You should get the latest game GGXRD rev 2, it has a great tutorial.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I've recently picked G Xrd Rev 2 and I'm enjoying it so much. Now I get why some people talked about Sol in Smash. Honestly I always thought he had a really cool design, but now I really want him to be in Smash. Probably a pipe dream but hey, if Joker could make it into Smash why not Sol?

Also GG music is great so that in Smash would be amazing.

I would say add me to the list but I think MojoRobo isn't very active lately.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've recently picked G Xrd Rev 2 and I'm enjoying it so much. Now I get why some people talked about Sol in Smash. Honestly I always thought he had a really cool design, but now I really want him to be in Smash. Probably a pipe dream but hey, if Joker could make it into Smash why not Sol?

Also GG music is great so that in Smash would be amazing.

I would say add me to the list but I think MojoRobo isn't very active lately.
Welcome to the support thread! I'm pretty sure I'm one of the people who recommended the game to you so I'm happy to see you here!

I'm at the point where I want to see all my favorite fighting franchises collide! Bring on Sol! Bring on Heihachi! More! More!

OldHickory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3007-9257-4809
I'd be pretty down for an ArcSys character.
Whether it's Ragna or Sol, they'd both be pretty cool to have on board.

It'd be interesting to compare/contrast how the two could function, based on their personal differences and system differences between GG and BB.

While they'd absolutely share a number or moves(Gun Flame/Dead Spike, Inferno Divider/Volcanic Viper), Ragna sure doesn't have a command grab, and Sol sure doesn't have the Soul Eater drive.
Won't lie though, if a BB character were to happen, I'd really prefer Hazama in addition to/instead of Ragna, even if that's highly unlikely.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Marionette, Just Do It, Writhe in Pain, Awe of She, Midnight Carnival, Lily of Steel, and Dirty Drive... If we got at least one of those songs, I'm set.

As for Blazblue: Reincarnation, Six Heroes, Awakening the Chaos, Endless Despair 2 (or Silent Scream or Must Die), Black and White, White Requiem, Sector 7, and Yomotsuhirasaka.

Guilty Gear and Blazblue just has fantastic music.

Last edited:

OldHickory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3007-9257-4809
Marionette, Writhe in Pain, Awe of She, Midnight Carnival, Lily of Steel, and Dirty Drive... If we got at least one of those songs, I'm set.

As for Blazblue: Reincarnation, Six Heroes, Awakening the Chaos, Endless Despair 2 (or Silent Screm or Must Die), Black and White, White Requiem, Sector 7, and Yomotsuhirasaka.

Guilty Gear and Blazblue just has fantastic music.
All by the same guy, no less.
So yeah, either way there's a lot of Daisuke Ishiwatari present.

And I feel like Holy Orders or Bullet Dance would be obligatory.
I'd expect most of the Blazblue tracks to be older character themes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was today years old when I found out about Sol's support thread. Never actually played Guilty, but I've gotten interested over its lore. I swear if they release the new Guilty Gear game over next year, that game's going to my Steam Wishlist.

Anywho, I had a dream last night that Sol would be appearing at the Game Awards, a la Joker. IT's just a dream, but...yeah. Sign me the hell up.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Welcome to the support thread! I'm pretty sure I'm one of the people who recommended the game to you so I'm happy to see you here!

I'm at the point where I want to see all my favorite fighting franchises collide! Bring on Sol! Bring on Heihachi! More! More!
Yeah, I think you recommended the game to me a few days ago. I was curious about GG and I asked about the franchise in the Terry thread if I remember well. Thanks!

As people said to me the game has a lot of depth, but I would say I managed to adapt relatively easy to the combat, basics and all that I mean haha. I'm enjoying it a lot and the music is sick: Break A Spell, Six Black Heavens Gun and more are so good.
I'm currenty playing episode mode for each character but my best character for now is Sol (Ky or May would be second), not surprising I guess because he has a more 'standard' moveset in comparison to other characters. Then I'd like to see the story mode. I don't know if the game has a summary of the plot of previous games, because I'm a bit curious about the lore and the previous story. That way I will understand better the story mode of Rev 2 (I suppose? haha)

Even if I'm not a great expert of fighting games I'm completely open to any fighting character. A Tekken rep would be great, I've actually played Tekken 1-5 (2 not that much) years ago and even if I'd prefer Jin, Heihachi would be great.

I don't think fighter 5 will be Sol, Heihachi or any fighting rep but for the next DLC I definitely think that another fighting character has a lot of chances to happen.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
And our favorite time traveler just got confirmed!

Also, of course I support Sol for Smash. GG is my favorite fighting game of all time ever since GGX. It's too unique.

Also, Order Sol was my main in GGAC+, so I'm obvioulsy on the train.

D

Deleted member

Wonder if that leak was actually real? It seems to have too many characters though.

D

Deleted member

Heh, I challenge any one of you to name a character who isn't a guaranteed lock, meaning the character is 100% going in.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
you mean a character that is not 100% sure? or a character thats is 100% sure? there are a couple of not 100% sure, Answer, Zappa, Testament, heck even dizzy, or Baiken or jhonny. maybe not even Sin depending of how the story goes :S (reimagine?) I also doubt that wi will be seeing returning versions of the "valentines" probably we will get a completely new version or someone that is kinda a mix of them...

As for 100% in, i would put money on potemkin, (Arksys simply love to put that character archetype on this kind of games), Millia, Venom and Ino.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So far I think the new designs are great.

A question: at the end of the first trailer of the new game appeared a new character (or at least one I don't know), has ArcSys said anything about him? I don't know if they said his name or something.

D

Deleted member

Little funny story how I got into this franchise:

Three Words: Sonic's. Ultimate. Harem. In it, the author added almost the entire female cast in it. As a fighting game enthusiast, I managed to check out the very franchise, and everything about it got me hooked in. A funny thing that one of the worst pieces of online fanfiction got me into one of the most prolific fighting game series in the world.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I certainly don't expect Jack-O and Bedman to return for story reasons, whether they adapt their moveset into some other character...who knows. I'm mostly hoping Millia and Baiken are in the base game. I kinda wish Xrd would have gotten at least one more DLC batch with Anji and Zappa but eh, what can you do.
Edit: so uh, can anyone link or sum up this leak you mentioned earlier? I'm clearly not googling right.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Guilty Gear literally is legacy of fighting gaming, specially in anime style. I loved getting into it with Rev 2. Hoping here for a surprise, count me in.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I like the "showcase a character, end by teasing a different one, rinse repeat" thing they're doing.

Also, I wonder how many Guilty Gear fans in this thread also play Blazblue.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I like the "showcase a character, end by teasing a different one, rinse repeat" thing they're doing.

Funny story; before Guilty Gear Xrd was a thing, I actually picked up the original BlazBlue and I got to say I was highly disappointed by it. I couldn't help but compare the two series and I couldn't find a character that I could really vibe with. The closest was Noel, but I eventually returned it. However I hear that the series has gotten incredible as of late, so I've picked up Chronophantasma and Continuum Shift Extend.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the series with fresh eyes now that I'm not bitter about Guilty Gear anymore, though unfortunately I burned my hand last week so I'm not going to be playing video games for a little while.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Funny story; before Guilty Gear Xrd was a thing, I actually picked up the original BlazBlue and I got to say I was highly disappointed by it. I couldn't help but compare the two series and I couldn't find a character that I could really vibe with. The closest was Noel, but I eventually returned it. However I hear that the series has gotten incredible as of late, so I've picked up Chronophantasma and Continuum Shift Extend.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the series with fresh eyes now that I'm not bitter about Guilty Gear anymore, though unfortunately I burned my hand last week so I'm not going to be playing video games for a little while.
I started with Continuum Shift, ended up marathoning the story mode in the span of 3-ish days (and unlocking every ending/gag reel), and immediately ended up buying CS:Extended for like $5, so I get more of the story, despite the fact that Chronophantasma was about to come out in a week. If it was any other fighter, I would've waited for the sequel. I now own every Blazblue EXCEPT the one you played lol. Part of Blazblue and Guilty Gear's difficulty stems from the fact that each individual character fights like they're in their own fighting game. It's hard to master one, let alone a roster. I was fortunate that Lambda clicked with me for Blazblue; even now, I only use like 5 characters, and I'm only decent with 2 of them. Their latest entry (Central Fiction) has a roster considerably larger than Calamity Trigger's (36 characters, which is 3 times bigger), so you'd most likely find one that clicks.

As for Guilty Gear, I own XX Accent Core and Rev 2. I'm not as familiarized with the story (going to jump on Rev 2's when I have the time), and I only use 5 characters (Milia, I-no, Jam, and more recently Ramlethal and Elphelt). I don't feel decent with any of the them, but it's always been fun.

Here's hoping Blazblue doesn't disappoint this time around. Btw, sorry to hear about your hand; that sounds painful.

Also, shameless promo, but y'all need to try Under-Night. Unlike BB and GG, dang near every character feels accessible. It's a refreshingly hot take on the genre that's easy to play yet difficult to master.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I've never played Blazblue but maybe that will change in the future, it looks fun!

I like that too. The thing I don't like much is how short are these last trailers, haha. Also I want the new song to be released or something!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I've never played Blazblue but maybe that will change in the future, it looks fun!

I like that too. The thing I don't like much is how short are these last trailers, haha. Also I want the new song to be released or something!
Blaz blue is ok... i a fine game with good stories, it's only problem honestly is that is not guilty gear...

Funny how sol and guilty gear are starting to have some movement thanks to the announcment and people are being interested on this friggin good looking series, I ownder if it will be like doom, where the doom games on switch and a little fake leak was enough to sparkle the movement of a character that have tons to bring to smash, or it will be just a passing fad?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Blazblue has smaller sprites and larger stages. It's more combo heavy. There are 4 ways to recover from getting knocked to the ground (making comebacks involve mindgames, but there are more options to do so), and there isn't a single button dedicated to launching opponents in the air (it varies and there can be multiple ways to juggle/get opponents airborne). Despite having 3 buttons dedicated to attacking and 1 button dedicated to character specific abilities, some people find Blazblue more difficult to play than Guilt Gear's 5 attack button layout. It's like comparing one delicious fruit to another, IMO. Blazblue was easier for me because of its combo craziness in the same way that Marvel vs Capcom is easier for me than Street Fighter (but I enjoy both); I like dashing, juggling, jumping around, and less buttons to push. It has great music and an overly complex yet very satisfying story, which are ArcSys staples at this point. It's worth checking out. You may prefer one over the other, but they're both fantastic at what they do.

On a different note, whether you like Street Fighter, or Guilty Gear, or Blazblue, or are interested in getting into 2D (anime) fighters, Under-Night is probably the best way to introduce someone to the genre. I know people who don't even play fighting games that enjoy messing around with UNIST. It's my go-to recommendation to fans of fighters in general because it's a great gateway game.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
A question: which songs would you like (or expect) to be in Smash if Sol is announced?

With my very limited knowledge of the franchise, I'd want to see songs like Six Black Heavens Guns, Sky Should be High or Break A Spell.
Also I'd like a lot character themes like the Sol one from Xrd, or the ones for Jack-O or Potemkin.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
A question: which songs would you like (or expect) to be in Smash if Sol is announced?

With my very limited knowledge of the franchise, I'd want to see songs like Six Black Heavens Guns, Sky Should be High or Break A Spell.
Also I'd like a lot character themes like the Sol one from Xrd, or the ones for Jack-O or Potemkin.
Hard Stuff... beside what i have already posted? it would be hard to only select 8 or teh like...

KatKit

Smash Lord
As a boss theme and a song I like, I expect Midnight Carnival (as aforementioned).

But other songs I expect are Sol vs Ky themes like Reunion and Noontide.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I want more than anything my boy Slayer's GGXXACR theme. I've played him so much it's iconic to me.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I've played BB before GG (CS Extend), around the time I remember seeing a lot of memeing around on how BB was just a lesser GG and being kind of annoyed at the elitism, but after playing GG...I kinda converted into that mentality.
Now gameplay wise, I think BB is great, it's just when it comes down to the characters that, years after first playing it, I find incredibly uncharismatic and just plain unlikeable for the most part. I also really can't stand the plot or writing of the franchise, but GG is just as much of a convoluted mess besides story never really being the strong suite for fighting games, so I won't give it too hard of a time in that regard.

you could honestly put the whole soundtrack of XX and I'd be extatic about it, but more specifically:
Noontide
Holy Orders
Writhe in Pain
Burly Heart
Awe of She
Haven't You Got Eyes in Your Head?
The Midnight Carnival

I'm not as familiar with Xrd music despite playing that an awful lot more than XX, I guess stuff just didn't stick out as much when compared to its predeccesor.
One of my unpopular song wish would be:
this is my alarm, I don't think I can listen to the song the same away ever again since I started using it as that.

Top Bottom