• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The story in Sonic Adventure 2 is terrible and everyone knows it.
It wasn't that bad until Shadow's game retconnend things around

But what about Maria? What about Gerald Robotnik? What about the Space Colony Ark? What about the moments in his life that define his character? Without all that, you’ve just reduced Shadow to a scowling black Sonic clone. He’s not Shadow anymore. He’s just Metal Sonic 2.0.
All im saying is that this is a new universe with probably different interpretations of characters so I'm willing to let some creative liberties through.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It wasn't that bad until Shadow's game retconnend things around

All im saying is that this is a new universe with probably different interpretations of characters so I'm willing to let some creative liberties through.
Creative liberties are one thing. But completely removing everything that makes a character who they are just so you can shoehorn them into a world they don’t belong in just because of branding sound like the single last thing anyone would want to see them do.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I’m not saying that. Name a single film franchise that goes beyond a trilogy (that wasn’t rebooted decades later) that’s not Star Wars or Marvel. Unless you make the REALLY big bucks you just don’t get more then three movies out of a series. Hollywood rule of thumb.

Which at that point he would just be Bio-Metal Sonic so just use Metal Sonic. Plus it would take away everything about Shadow’s backstory that actually makes him interesting.
I mean, there are a lot. James Bond, Transformers, Harry Potter, Fast & Furious, Die Hard, Toy Story, Alien, Indiana Jones, Terminator, Pirates of the Caribbean, John Wick (has a fourth coming), Scream, Star Trek, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc..

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The customization is nice, sure, but I just straight up don't like the aesthetic of the Miis.

I also don't find them very fun to play, TBH.
Nah I can respect that. Not everyone is gonna like every character, some characters just don't click. Like, as much as I adore Joker being in this game, realistically for me he ain't in my top 5 characters I actually like to play as; he just doesn't suit me very well, and as a result I'm pretty bad with him.

Think I said it before, but it's nice to see a fellow Mii fan.

Come here pal.
View attachment 262607
Still upset they nerfed Grenade Launcher tho....
Honestly, I've been having so much fun lately with 'em that rather than just list Gunner, I just list the Miis in general in my played characters list now: I like to alternate between them, kind of like how a Pokemon Trainer main would be, ha ha.

Also, can't speak much on Grenade Launcher: I prefer Charge Blast for Gunner's Neutral-B

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The more I think about it the more I realize how perfect Peter Dinklage would be for characters like Dr. Neo Cortex and Doctor Psycho. He even actually looks like them, more the reason he's perfect for those roles.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The more I think about it the more I realize how perfect Peter Dinklage would be for characters like Dr. Neo Cortex and Doctor Psycho. He even actually looks like them, more the reason he's perfect for those roles.
Ok. I ask again. Has peter Dinklage ever done anything to prove he can handle a comedic role? Because no matter what he looks like, if he can’t be funny then he can’t be Cortex.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ok. I ask again. Has peter Dinklage ever done anything to prove he can handle a comedic role? Because no matter what he looks like, if he can’t be funny then he can’t be Cortex.
Miles Finch from Elf comes to mind. Eddy Plant from Pixels granted that was considered an awful movie.

Also Mighty Eagle from The Angry Birds movies.

Has an upcoming role in The Croods 2.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I haven't seen Sonic yet (seeing it Tuesday), but I could totally see a 5 film series working.
Second movie: Sonic 2, but with Amy and Metal Sonic added (I really don't see CD's plot working well in a live action movie, it's way too weird and confusing). After credits: Death Egg crashing into Angel Island.

Third movie: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (maybe, this would be a lot for 1 movie, a lot of it would have to be cut. Like, leave out the Death Egg crashing into Angel Island a second time). After credits: Angel Island falling our of the sky.

Fourth movie: Sonic Adventure. I think this is the game that would translate best to film. After credits: Robotnik breaking into the base and meeting Shadow.

Fifth movie: Sonic Adventure 2. Establish in one of the earlier movies that Robotnik's father and sister disappeared years ago on a space station colony (changing Gerald from Grandfather to Father and Maria to Robotnik's sister to tighten up the story a little, it would already be weird enough to have a space station colony in what appears to be modern day, let alone 5+ decades earlier). If they wanted they could have Shadow be cloned from an ancestor of Sonic's.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Peter Dinklage had some pretty comedic lines in Infinity War, he plays deadpan pretty well. But yeah, he's been in some comedy movies.

Also, he does look a lot like Cortex, even if you ignore his height, he definitely looks like he could be a live action version of the character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah I can respect that. Not everyone is gonna like every character, some characters just don't click. Like, as much as I adore Joker being in this game, realistically for me he ain't in my top 5 characters I actually like to play as; he just doesn't suit me very well, and as a result I'm pretty bad with him.

Honestly, I've been having so much fun lately with 'em that rather than just list Gunner, I just list the Miis in general in my played characters list now: I like to alternate between them, kind of like how a Pokemon Trainer main would be, ha ha.

Also, can't speak much on Grenade Launcher: I prefer Charge Blast for Gunner's Neutral-B
Grenade Launcher allowed you to zigzag in the air like crazy while charging the move, it allowed lots of mind game due to the movement option you had. That, and the range of the move depended at how long you charge it, meaning you could cover ALOT of area with this single move. Which was pretty neat since it had decent kill power all around.

Sadly, someone in Ultimate team hated that move, and thus, you can't reverse it anymore & I think now there is a fix charge for the move, so you can't control how far it will go or make it stronger.

Honestly, that, alongside other nerfs kinda made me drop Mii Gunner, buuuut I still play them here and there. It suck, but hey, atleast she got two cool DLC costume, right?

Finally, if everything I explained about Smash 4 Grenade Launcher make little sense to you or anyone reading this, just watch this video.
Hehehehe....and now I made myself sad by watching this. :C

Last edited:

MooMew64

Joker is in 3 (4 if you count Tokyo mirage sessions) Switch games and yet they STILL refuse to port P5 to switch.
View attachment 262615
At this point, it's either they currently lack the resources and now that P5R PS4 is done they're only just now looking into it, or they really were somehow just that clueless to what their fans actually want.

I'd say the recent survey probably clued 'em in pretty well given their reaction, lol.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I haven't seen Sonic yet (seeing it Tuesday), but I could totally see a 5 film series working.
Second movie: Sonic 2, but with Amy and Metal Sonic added (I really don't see CD's plot working well in a live action movie, it's way too weird and confusing). After credits: Death Egg crashing into Angel Island.

Third movie: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (maybe, this would be a lot for 1 movie, a lot of it would have to be cut. Like, leave out the Death Egg crashing into Angel Island a second time). After credits: Angel Island falling our of the sky.

Fourth movie: Sonic Adventure. I think this is the game that would translate best to film. After credits: Robotnik breaking into the base and meeting Shadow.

Fifth movie: Sonic Adventure 2. Establish in one of the earlier movies that Robotnik's father and sister disappeared years ago on a space station colony (changing Gerald from Grandfather to Father and Maria to Robotnik's sister to tighten up the story a little, it would already be weird enough to have a space station colony in what appears to be modern day, let alone 5+ decades earlier). If they wanted they could have Shadow be cloned from an ancestor of Sonic's.
Speaking of the Sonic movie, if they do a third film based on the third canon Genesis game and Knuckles is in it, I can see the film being named Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. Ha, see what I did there?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Who's this V person?
V from Devil May Cry 5. Brian Hamford is his voice actor and he said that he can't wait for the next Capcom VS. game, either fully announcing a VS. game, or hinting at one. Considering MVC2's 20th anniversary is gonna be celebrated at EVO, people are saying it's MVC4, but some are saying it could be a Capcom All Stars.

Nintendo vs. Capcom would be a pipe dream for me though I'd be absolutely fine with any of these if this is even true in the first place.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Speaking of the Sonic movie, if they do a third film based on the third canon Genesis game and Knuckles is in it, I can see the film being named Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. Ha, see what I did there?
Yes, dew it.

At this point, it's either they currently lack the resources and now that P5R PS4 is done they're only just now looking into it, or they really were somehow just that clueless to what their fans actually want.

I'd say the recent survey probably clued 'em in pretty well given their reaction, lol.
I'm going to be really annoyed if they don't port P5R to Switch.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

If they were smart they would do a Persona 3 and 4 collection for Switch.

Then again whatever happened to game collections like the HD ones for PS3?

Feel like they have went out the window this gen.

MooMew64

I'm going to be really annoyed if they don't port P5R to Switch.
It's a matter of when than if, IMO

Catherine uses the same engine as P5, and P5S runs pretty dang well. There's no reason for them to skimp out anymore, it's literally the current leading hardware in their own home country, who they cater to first. It'd be flat out refusing money. Only time will tell, but as I previously said, I really do feel it's gonna happen at some point, but it'll take a while because Atlus is super tiny as a company. Just look at how long it took them to translate P5R, it's nuts how slow they are sometimes.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
weekend estimates for the Sonic movie have come in

It has accumulated a domestic 3-day total of $57 million, inching pass Detective Pikachu's previous $54 million record as the new largest opening for a video game adaption. the projected 4-day Presidents Day holiday gross seems to be around $68 mil

the main consensus is that a movie needs to make about twice it's budget to turn a profit. Assuming Sonic cost approximately $95 mil, it needs to make about $190 million

It's already made a worldwide total of $110 within only it's first week. And assuming the good word of mouth, on top of little to no competition for the next couple of weeks, i'd personally expect it to hold on very well

we may have a new franchise on our hands, folks

Last edited:

leppy

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend went to see it, she said there was no Gangsta's Paradise. I'm disappointed and hope they remedy this awful issue in the next installment.
Also, I'm pretty sure this is the second Sonic movie so far...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My girlfriend went to see it, she said there was no Gangsta's Paradise. I'm disappointed and hope they remedy this awful issue in the next installment.
Also, I'm pretty sure this is the second Sonic movie so far...
The anime doesn't count.

MooMew64

It has accumulated a domestic 3-day total of $57 million, inching pass Detective Pikachu's previous $54 million record as the new largest opening for a video game adaption. the projected 4-day Presidents Day holiday gross seems to be around $68 mil

the main consensus is that a movie needs to make about twice it's budget to turn a profit. Assuming Sonic cost approximately $95 mil, it needs to make about $190 million

It's already made a worldwide total of $110 within only it's first week. And assuming the good word of mouth, on top of little to no completion for the next couple of weeks, i'd personally expect it to hold on very well

Oh gosh we're getting a Sonic cinematic universe.

When's the Big the Cat movie.

Last edited:

leppy

Smash Cadet
The anime doesn't count.
Shame, the VAs there are pretty good. I don't even really like anime but I thought it looked good as a whole... aside from the existence of Sara. That didn't need to happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, there are a lot. James Bond, Transformers, Harry Potter, Fast & Furious, Die Hard, Toy Story, Alien, Indiana Jones, Terminator, Pirates of the Caribbean, John Wick (has a fourth coming), Scream, Star Trek, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc..
To add onto this a tiny bit:

Vanguard was rebooted, Bakugan was rebooted, uh..... I guess MTG counts a tiny bit?(holy **** the amount of retcons done may as well entitle it to being called a reboot at this point)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Praise the return of fat Pikachu:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Praise the return of fat Pikachu:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
ULTIMATEO STRIDEO!

I can just feel the tension vibes from that lol

Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to put the Zeroth Dragon theme over that. Give me some time and I'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another movie related note. Had anyone heard of Fantasy Island?

Well apparently it was an popular TV show back in the day that's been made into an horror movie.

9% on Rotten Tomatoes? Oof.

Regardless it didn't interest me in the slightest. I'll wait until rental.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ateeee.jpg

So me turning an older human next week I'd thought I get something for myself. So was thinking of getting Atelier Ryza.
Nintendo Switch physical copy still out of stock dammit.

Need game suggestions for Switch for my February game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom