• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I literally didn't realize this until now(with the help of the Vanguard Wiki) but Harmonics Messiah(the V series version in particular) is a representation of the planets of the Vanguard universe(not counting Planet E because Bushiroad would rather everyone forgot about that bull**** plot point)

You have Earth and Cray side by side, then Brandt(aka Link Joker da the Planet)
Then of course you have the moon, which is his staff.
Pretty neat, huh?
PlanetBrandtMessiah.png

D

Deleted member

Still looking a bit...too lanky for my liking, but hey I'm improving. I didn't even try copying any poses this time, I just went with trying a more relaxed pose.
IMG_20200215_084401 (1).jpg

Face is still annoying, and the body is the main thing that's bugging me.

Obligatory tagging of the drawing gang, what do you think?
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
(if you don't want me to tag you, just tell me. I don't mind.)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Still looking a bit...too lanky for my liking, but hey I'm improving. I didn't even try copying any poses this time, I just went with trying a more relaxed pose.
View attachment 262389
Face is still annoying, and the body is the main thing that's bugging me.

Obligatory tagging of the drawing gang, what do you think?
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
(if you don't want me to tag you, just tell me. I don't mind.)
One thing I’d suggest changing is making the outline a bit cleaner. It seems a bit uneven. One thing I like doing is adding a sort of skeletal structure as a base, then adding all the body parts and such from there.

D

Deleted member

One thing I’d suggest changing is making the outline a bit cleaner. It seems a bit uneven. One thing I like doing is adding a sort of skeletal structure as a base, then adding all the body parts and such from there.
Yeah, main issue right now is all. my. DAMN. PENCILS DON'T HAVE ANY ERASER LEFT.
WE DO have extra pencils, but we don't have a pencil sharpener in sight anywhere.

I'll keep this in mind when I work on ??? probably later today(and I do have a potential name for him too)

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Any of you all saw Sonic? I saw it yesterday and as a Sonic fan, I loved it. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a very fun movie. For once, a Valentine's Day was actually fun. XD

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Any of you all saw Sonic? I saw it yesterday and as a Sonic fan, I loved it. It's not a masterpiece, but it's a very fun movie. For once, a Valentine's Day was actually fun. XD
I saw it yesterday, and I loved it! That said, I am a Sonic fan myself.

D

Deleted member

I still need to check It out

Maybe tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Actually, an idea I had that wouldn't be half bad:

Change the logo each time I make a new episode which highlights the events that occur.(or rather foreshadows them) Like so:
Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo (2) (2).jpg

I'm not gonna bother putting the subtitle just yet, because I dunno what I'm even gonna do for episode 2. Just brainstorming episode 1 atm.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bill & Ted movies seem like they'll be more fun then I thought! Time travel is involved meeting historical figures? Honestly thought they were going to be just some buddies going on adventurous shenanigans.

I'm gonna be in a fun ride in April and August.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just bought some singles I need for my Genesis Deck

Valkyrion, here I come!

The one I bought 4-of is very much needed in Astral Plane Valk, making Gifts and putting them on the Vanguard Circle as early as possible is the decks strongest ability.
V-BT07-029EN-R (1).png

I also wanna buy some of the searchers, because playtesting the deck as is leads me to the conclusion that being able to search is a must have.

D

Deleted member

Wait nani da ****

The package I ordered a few days ago arrived in Owensboro this morning, which means it should get here today..

HIP HIP HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
IMG_20200215_103231 (1).jpg

D

Deleted member

Remember a few days ago when I said I didn’t like how the Pokémon were depicted in Detective Pikachu and I got torn into?

That Dragapult Art is what I think Pokémon should look like in a live action setting.
Really? I dunno about you, but when I think of pokemon, I don't think of "Very big dragon with a weird face"

Detective Pikachu, IMO, struck a near perfect balance between replicating the Pokemon's artstyle and making them look realistic.

That Dragapult art just looks weird and honestly If I didn't know Dragapult was a pokemon, I don't know for sure if I would be able to tell it was.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Really? I dunno about you, but when I think of pokemon, I don't think of "Very big dragon with a weird face"

Detective Pikachu, IMO, struck a near perfect balance between replicating the Pokemon's artstyle and making them look realistic.

That Dragapult art just looks weird and honestly If I didn't know Dragapult was a pokemon, I don't know for sure if I would be able to tell it was.
And I still say that using the anime designs verbatim and giving them fur and scales textures isn’t a balance at all. What kind of planet produces ordinary humans, but every other animal has anime cat eyes. Either the Pokémon need to be bent just a little more into the realm of realism (realistic eyes, body proportions, thoughtful evolutionary anatomy) or the whole thing should be animated so the people can look the way hey do in the games and anime as well. Detective Pikachu was so afraid of pissing off it’s neophobic fan base that it hurt the believability of the world they created.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Seeing people talk about realistic Pokemon and I'm just thinking that Detective Pikachu was a bit of a disappointment my eyes.

Was a good film but had my own issues with it, pacing, the story felt a little cliche and as a minor note that pissed me off was the seiyuu who does Pikachu's cries (Ikue Otani) wasn't mentioned in the credits. There's a lot more to it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiple people are claiming with proof they got pokeball magearna for completing the national dex I’m home. Not everyone has recorded this yet.

This would make sense over the normal form because everyone would basically have that one and poke ball has been unreleased.

This could actually mean though down the long, that Eternal Floette might actually be released since it’s been in the code of all games since xy as well well. Would be nice to finally see it come out

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 @UserGoozer Metal Shop X Metal Shop X AndreaAC AndreaAC

I think I went a bit overboard when designing ??? lol :goomba:

Anyway, I finally decided on a name which works well:

Bolt V1/1

I named him that for two reasons:

1) The design motif I'm going for is electric themed anyway, so having a name that suits that makes sense
2) It's also a double meaning that goes along with the title I have for my project(MTG jokes are fun :p)

Now, take a look!
IMG_20200215_114040 (1).jpg

D

Deleted member

I still don't get why the GTS is exclusive to the mobile version of Pokemon Home. Like, removing it from the actual game is bad enough, but excluding it from the entire console the games are being played on is a whole other brand of stupid.

Also as much as I love Bulbasaur, it's pretty stupid they're giving the Kanto starters away... again, Hidden Ability or not. Charmander can literally be caught right now and the other two have been shown to be raids in the future expansion. I'd have loved a distribution of any HA starters, but Gen 1.

Dutch Raikuna

Time to get my creative juices flowing. Might as showcase what I've been doing today. So I've been taking quotes I've learned from Civilization games and trying to modify them to fit random situations. So this one example has been from me watching Laid-Back Camp and the original quote is from the Matterhorn natural you find in Civ VI.

So I changed it from this

"Let me ask leave, then, to pay a tribute of respect and admiration to the once desired Matterhorn, before his head has lost the last rays of a sun departing to gild loftier and more distant ranges." -F. Crauford Grove

to this.......

"Let me give thanks then, and pay tribute of respect and faith to the wondrous Mount Fuji, as its shoulder lifts the first rays of a sun greeting us headwards, before going to meet more distant and exciting places beyond the horizon."

A bit of practice but what do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

Me spamming the refresh button on the tracking page of my shipment waiting for it to finally start shipping out here
It's literally in the city right now, why has it not left yet?!
A bit of practice but what do you guys think?
I hAvE bEen riiDinG iN CircLeS fOR HoUrs nOw

Jokes aside, ho boy I've thought of alot of good plot points lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Wademan94 Wademan94 @UserGoozer Metal Shop X Metal Shop X AndreaAC AndreaAC

I think I went a bit overboard when designing ??? lol :goomba:

Anyway, I finally decided on a name which works well:

Bolt V1/1

I named him that for two reasons:

1) The design motif I'm going for is electric themed anyway, so having a name that suits that makes sense
2) It's also a double meaning that goes along with the title I have for my project(MTG jokes are fun :p)

Now, take a look!
View attachment 262399
I can’t tell what is happening here. Could you explain it to me?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Me spamming the refresh button on the tracking page of my shipment waiting for it to finally start shipping out here
I hAvE bEen riiDinG iN CircLeS fOR HoUrs nOw

Jokes aside, ho boy I've thought of alot of good plot points lol
And here I thought it was someone giving an actual opinion of what I wrote but alas to you @Bakugan2556 it was a ****post. I shall shed a tear of disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom