• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I think I'd explode if we get the announcement of Paper Mario, Mario Odyssey 2 or even a sequel to Sunshine or Galaxy, BotW 2 this year, a new Metroid, a new Star Fox, and while we're at it, top it all off with Pikmin 4. This, plus Smash DLC and Pokémon DLC along with other hype things like Doom, RE3, AC, and maybe even Bayo 3?

Goddamn this year would be fire.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think I'd explode if we get the announcement of Paper Mario, Mario Odyssey 2 or even a sequel to Sunshine or Galaxy, BotW 2 this year, a new Metroid, a new Star Fox, and while we're at it, top it all off with Pikmin 4. This, plus Smash DLC and Pokémon DLC along with other hype things like Doom, RE3, AC, and maybe even Bayo 3?

Goddamn this year would be fire.
The fact that this is a possibility is blessed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you think we'll get monthly-ish trailers for news on the Pokémon Sword/Shield expansions like we've been given for the full games?

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So I happened to see a meme that puts this whole Fire Emblem spectacle in better context:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm tired over all the drama surrounding Nintendo games.

Its not healthy for anyone's mental state.
Saaaaaaame. Why does nearly everything they do nowadays make people flip out, my word.

Anyways, while I still don't believe them, I'm happy the rumors about Paper Mario have sparked discussion about it again. That series is very special to me, and seeing so many people talk about it positively for what feels like the first time in years is refreshing.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone could be disappointed with that. It sounds like a solid year. And we may even get it if we're lucky.

I forget what Jon and Steve's stances were: Did Jon and/or Steve think BotW 2 would be this year?

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If he’s a leaker then he should admit to it. That’s all I’ll say. Until he cops to it I still believe he’s just been very lucky with his predictions.

Heck, Arlo predicted Animal Crossing New Horizons in very specific detail (minus the name). But we aren’t calling him a leaker.
Why would you oust yourself as a leaker when you can get into trouble?

Also Jon has some class he ain’t an attention ***** like Sabi. He clearly likes putting stuff out knowing he’s going to get people hyped or excited. Which honestly makes sense with how close GX is to Nintendo.

Also call it luck all you want, but

Arlo: predicts one thing( something that gamexplain themselves actually discusses at one point too mind you) that’s right.

Jon: Has predicted almost every announcement to a tee.

But since you need a reminder, he “predicted”

Ridley, Daisy, Banjo, I’m pretty sure he said on Reset Era that every vet would be back, banjo, three houses, Erdrick( granted so did everyone else) and that’s just smash.

Now general Nintendo stuff:
All the final fantasy’s on switch and the one that wouldn’t be ported, Kirbys epic yarn port, Pokémon dlc replacing third versions and the legendary birds being important and on an island you could travel too. More obvious ones that people could guess were most of the switch ports at this point, maker 2, gamexplain as a whole all discussed the deserted island idea at some Point, and that’s off the top of my head.

so can you genuinely say that’s luck? Because if it is this man would have hit the lotto on multiple occasions at this point

Noipoi

Howdy!

Also Jon has some class he ain’t an attention ***** like Sabi. He clearly likes putting stuff out knowing he’s going to get people hyped or excited. Which honestly makes sense with how close GX is to Nintendo.

Arlo: predicts one thing( something that gamexplain themselves actually discusses at one point too mind you) that’s right.

Ridley, Daisy, Banjo, I’m pretty sure he said on Reset Era that every vet would be back, banjo, three houses, Erdrick( granted so did everyone else) and that’s just smash.

All the final fantasy’s on switch and the one that wouldn’t be ported, Kirbys epic yarn port, Pokémon dlc replacing third versions and the legendary birds being important and on an island you could travel too. More obvious ones that people could guess were most of the switch ports at this point, maker 2, gamexplain as a whole all discussed the deserted island idea at some Point, and that’s off the top of my head.

so can you genuinely say that’s luck? Because if it is this man would have hit the lotto on multiple occasions at this point
Also the “That’s it, no Dash?” Tweet lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So do you think we'll get monthly-ish trailers for news on the Pokémon Sword/Shield expansions like we've been given for the full games?
I would like to see that, but it depends on how much overall content there is. If we get like 20 new Pokémon including forms then I could see it, but otherwise I can’t see them spoiling stuff with the stories on these islands.
I don't think anyone could be disappointed with that. It sounds like a solid year. And we may even get it if we're lucky.

I forget what Jon and Steve's stances were: Did Jon and/or Steve think BotW 2 would be this year?
They think it will be announced for this year but ultimately get delayed with Odyssey’ two filling its slot instead.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the “That’s it, no Dash?” Tweet lol
That’s actually two more examples.

He used it once to leak the August 8th Direct, and again to leak no smash at tga.

Like at this point you can’t not say he’s a leaker that’s just smart.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, Jon predicted Master Chief as Fighter #8.

I believe this was before we even knew how many DLC characters we were getting as well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That’s actually two more examples.

He used it once to leak the August 8th Direct, and again to leak no smash at tga.

Like at this point you can’t not say he’s a leaker that’s just smart.
I mean, shoot. If I had industry connections I wouldn’t try to attention hog and get myself shut down. I’d play them off as ideas or predictions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, Alpharad posted a new video about Byleth reception, and while I don't know if many peoples took him seriously here, he does make some good point in this video, like how it's OK to be dissapointed with Byleth, as long it isn't toxic or somethin', but he also say that Byleth moveset is a "waste of opportunity", which I find weird in part because he, like all of us, haven't played. Sure, you can analyze what's here, but Alpharad doesn't have the best reputation when it come to telling how good or bad a character is going to be, it's not horrible, but it's mixed I say. That, and him saying they should have removed the Sothis alt is completely wrong, but that's just my silly opinion. So all that say, here is the video.
also haha funny thumbnail, I know

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Then he should admit to it. Guessing all that stuff is not out of the realm of possibility. The guy would just be very lucky. I’m sure you could pull out just as many of his predictions that didn’t happen at all.

Also. With how lock and key Byleth was kept. How on earth would he even hear anything about it when many INSIDE THE COMPANY didn’t even know.
I mean, shoot. If I had industry connections I wouldn’t try to attention hog and get myself shut down. I’d play them off as ideas or predictions.
God this is like “only a genius could have made the grinch leak” all over again.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So I happened to see a meme that puts this whole Fire Emblem spectacle in better context:
This argument has never made sense to me. Mario and Pokemon are Nintendo's flagship franchises, while Fire Emblem isn't. I get that Fire Emblem has a lot of characters that have material to work with (though there's a lot of overlap between them - a Dark Mage in one FE game is going to play similarly, if not identically, to a Dark Mage in another FE game), but so does Zelda (Hyrule Warriors is enough evidence of that), and yet it hasn't gotten any truly new/unique playable characters in Smash since 2001.

If a series like Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, or Donkey Kong got three new playable characters in one Smash game, people would probably have the same issue; it's just that Fire Emblem happens to be the series that's getting a disproportionate amount of focus compared to the rest of the roster. (between Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, it got as many newcomers as Pokemon, Metroid, and Donkey Kong got combined in the same time period: :ultcorrinf::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultchrom: and Byleth vs. :ultincineroar::ultgreninja::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, Jon predicted Master Chief as Fighter #8.

I believe this was before we even knew how many DLC characters we were getting as well.
Oh yeah I remember that joke. If it happens then man that’s going to be nuts.
This, they are great friends with Bill Trinen. They even get ****ing exclusive interviews with him. I am willing to bet they have a lot of connections inside Nintendo, and I genuinely don’t think Nintendo cares if Jon leaks stuff as predictions because it drums up hype either way.
Then he should admit to it. Guessing all that stuff is not out of the realm of possibility. The guy would just be very lucky. I’m sure you could pull out just as many of his predictions that didn’t happen at all.

Also. With how lock and key Byleth was kept. How on earth would he even hear anything about it when many INSIDE THE COMPANY didn’t even know.
They are literally extremely great friends with Bill Trinen as I said above. They have a **** ton of Nintendo connections. Not hard to believe that they could get that information.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
“Then he should get Nintendo on his ass”
Come on. If he’s getting so much right that we can figure out he’s a leaker (even though he’s not) someone at Nintendo could figure it out too. It’s not a very good defense.
Oh yeah I remember that joke. If it happens then man that’s going to be nuts.

This, they are great friends with Bill Trinen. They even get ****ing exclusive interviews with him. I am willing to bet they have a lot of connections inside Nintendo, and I genuinely don’t think Nintendo cares if Jon leaks stuff as predictions because it drums up hype either way.

They are literally extremely great friends with Bill Trinen as I said above. They have a **** ton of Nintendo connections. Not hard to believe that they could get that information.
Why would they tell a random YouTuber code word clearance info when it’s something they aren’t even telling their own employees? That does not make sense. You dot tell outsiders information before insiders.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I just hope their "OC Creator" prediction for Star Fox is wrong.

Like, I'm personally kind of a furry but even I don't want that can of worms opened.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Come on. If he’s getting so much right that we can figure out he’s a leaker (even though he’s not) someone at Nintendo could figure it out too. It’s not a very good defense.
Do you think Nintendo actually cares though?

Is Jon “predicting” all this hurting them? No if anything it gives them more attention so why they hell would they company. Consumers will buy and enjoy regardless.

Also I don’t even want to hear about Sabi’s C and D, or as I like to call it, complete bull****.

Because it was already proven there were some fatal flaws there and Sabi would have been in court already at this point if it truly existed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think Nintendo actually cares though?

Is Jon “predicting” all this hurting them? No if anything it gives them more attention so why they hell would they company. Consumers will buy and enjoy regardless.

Also I don’t even want to hear about Sabi’s C and D, or as I like to call it, complete bull****.

Because it was already proven there were some fatal flaws there and Sabi would have been in court already at this point if it truly existed
Then he should admit he has insider connections and that he’s a leaker. Your reasoning also applies to people who call themselves leakers.

But whatever. I guess I’ll except the next smasher is Rillaboom now and get the crying over with.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also forgot Jon said he "reckons" there "might" be a January Direct.

Let's see if at least that comes true.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just hope their "OC Creator" prediction for Star Fox is wrong.

Like, I'm personally kind of a furry but even I don't want that can of worms opened.
I think that’s more a joke. After star links, they have had fun thinking of ridiculous star fox ideas like the slippy focused game called star fox time patrol. Which admittedly is hilarious
Then he should admit he has insider connections and that he’s a leaker. Your reasoning also applies to people who call themselves leakers.

But whatever. I guess I’ll except the next smasher is Rillaboom now and get the crying over with.
you keep saying this but? What benefit does he get from it? None he’s not deranged like Sabi, he prefers a low profile. Why is that so hard to understand?

I know there were Jokes earlier but really civil war memes are about to come out if your suggesting leakers give out their identies like The government did to heroes in that film. What would be the point?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey, Alpharad posted a new video about Byleth reception, and while I don't know if many peoples took him seriously here, he does make some good point in this video, like how it's OK to be dissapointed with Byleth, as long it isn't toxic or somethin', but he also say that Byleth moveset is a "waste of opportunity", which I find weird in part because he, like all of us, haven't played. Sure, you can analyze what's here, but Alpharad doesn't have the best reputation when it come to telling how good or bad a character is going to be, it's not horrible, but it's mixed I say. That, and him saying they should have removed the Sothis alt is completely wrong, but that's just my silly opinion. So all that say, here is the video.
also haha funny thumbnail, I know
Literally just got done watching it before I saw this post, lol.

It's a good video. I disagree with everything he said about the move set and the idea of cutting characters in future games, but he's sharing his opinion calmly and rationally. He's also encouraging others to behave civilly and not be jerks to each other, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

...But yeah, again, I disagree entirely with the move set critique. Most people I've seen are saying the move set is the best thing about the character, so I'm not sure where he's getting the idea people dislike it. That's just my opinion, though!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think that’s more a joke. After star links, they have had fun thinking of ridiculous star fox ideas like the slippy focused game called star fox time patrol. Which admittedly is hilarious

you keep saying this but? What benefit does he get from it? None he’s not deranged like Sabi, he prefers a low profile. Why is that so hard to understand?

I know there were Jokes earlier but really civil war memes are about to come out if your suggesting leakers give out their identies like The government did to heroes in that film. What would be the point?
So that we actually know to trust them and they have to put out true information or else their reputation is toast.

Right now, with his track record, there’s nothing stopping him from deciding to go all in on something just to punk the community and he’s get no consequences because he’s not a leaker, these are just “predictions”.

We are not getting a Gen 8 Pokémon. I don’t care how many times this guy has held hands at sunset with Bill Trinnen.
Literally just got done watching it before I saw this post, lol.

It's a good video. I disagree with everything he said about the move set and the idea of cutting characters in future games, but he's sharing his opinion calmly and rationally. He's also encouraging others to behave civilly and not be jerks to each other, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

...But yeah, again, I disagree entirely with the move set critique. Most people I've seen are saying the move set is the best thing about the character, so I'm not sure where he's getting the idea people dislike it. That's just my opinion, though!
I still think she would have been more interesting if they went all in on the snake sword. But that’s just me.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m interested in hearing it if you wanna share.
I came up with this at three in the morning don’t judge

049AD86C-72E1-4058-8B42-9E6BE8661427.png
A moves:
I hadn’t put that much into these, but I figured that aside from grabbing Cinderace wouldn’t use it’s hands to attack. Like a soccer player. Feet, elbows, head, just no hands.

It wouldn’t have a rapid jab, but it’s jab would be two quick knee strikes and a burning kick to finish. All it’s aerials would involve kicking in various directions, except it’s neutral air which has it catch its whole body on fire and flail about.

It’s pummel would be small knee strikes. It’s forward throw is a sharp kick forwards, it’s back throw has it toss you over and kick you backwards, it’s up throw has it toss you upwards as it head it’s you skyward, and it’s down throw has it throw you down and trample you with burning feet.

The specials:

It’s neutral special is Pyro Ball.

Cinderace will kick a large fire ball forwards. The ball will fly until it reaches the ground, then it’ll bounce a few times along the floor and dissipate. Anyone hit by the first strike will take big damage and knock back, anyone hit with the ball as it bounces will take some damage, but no knock back.

Side special: Fire Spin.

Cinderace will rapidly spin until it becomes a fire tornado, moving left or right depending on your input. Anyone hit by the tornado as it starts spinning will be damaged greatly, anyone hit as it moves will be damaged, but not as much. However anyone hit with the fire spin will take residual fire damage for a few seconds.

Up Special: Bounce.

Cinderace, true to its rabbit origins, will bounce upwards headfirst. Anyone hit by the initial head butted will be damaged, but the remaining ascent and descent don’t do any damage.

Down Special: Blaze Kick.

Cinderace leaps up a short distance, but then immediately launches down with a leg engulfed in flame. It spikes off stage.

Final Smash: Gigantamax.

Cinderace transforms into its floppy eared gigantamax form. It kicks it’s giant ball and sends it crashing down onto the stage like a meteor.

That’s all I’ve got so far. I tried to emphasize the speed of the character. I want it to be a “get in close, do big damage, and get out” as it’s moves are most affective when you’re close. But it also has a risk, as Cinderace is kinda frail and can be launched rather easily.

So yeah, it’ll probably be completely different if when Cinderace gets in. But that’s my moveset.
BBE58287-3A3F-44A3-921A-7DF391C91149.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that we actually know to trust them and they have to put out true information or else their reputation is toast.

Right now, with his track record, there’s nothing stopping him from deciding to go all in on something just to punk the community and he’s get no consequences because he’s not a leaker, these are just “predictions”.

We are not getting a Gen 8 Pokémon. I don’t care how many times this guy has held hands at sunset with Bill Trinnen.
No offense but this is one of the worst posts and takes I have ever read.
You are basically say you want to manhunt them if their a leaker.

Thats ****ing stupid. He’s already proven enough that most of his information is spot on. Weather or not he mixes actual predictions or misinformation in there is one thing,

but the man is a youtuber first, that’s his job. He owes you nothing. Now your sounding as entitled as those against Byleth hardcore.

Jon is going to go all in on something. That’s not how he rolls, he doesn’t troll the community. I have no idea what gives you the idea he would do either of those things. He gets information and he shares it quietly and in a fun way. He doesn’t gamble his life away because he doesn’t need to. Why you think he should is beyond me. That’s absolutely not how being a leader should work

Shroob

Sup?
I think the simplest answer is this:

Is jon probably a leaker? Maybe

Could Ninteno pin him down as one? Honestly no

It's the old, "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit".

Where's the evidence on Nintendo's end that he is leaking? He called some things right?

I messaged a friend on Twitter "Byleth" randomly 3 months ago and now they think I have insider info when it was just a ****post.

Does he get a lot right? Yes, but the way he's worded his leaks as predictions is the perfect loophole.

Ninteno really can't say he's leaking when he really could just be ****ing stupid lucky.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m a leaker and this is totally happening.

Nintendo: sued.

I think this may happen...oh hey it did!

Nintendo: welp, he guessed right. Whaddaya gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom