• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone I have a very important announcement to make, At 2:09 of the Megalovania remix there's a bit of Bonetrousle in there sure it's very faint but you can hear it. Here's the song for reference: I am 99% sure that at 2:09 there's a bit of Bonetrousle in there.
Personally I hear Asgore's theme.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Hold up, with Toby Fox composing the music for Town, that means Megalovania will probably be in it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey, patch notes are out. You know the drill.
Wow... that's pretty much nothing then OK.
Didn't expect to have virtually no changes, but I'm OK with that.

Kinda getting ahead of ourselves here.
At this point, there's no use in debating it rn.

The people who believe it's all 3rd party aren't gonna be swayed anytime soon, so no reason to have 2 months of this debate when neither side is gonna be convinced of the other.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I never really cared that much about characters being male or female.

I mean, getting female characters is nice, but being female doesn't redeem a character if their moveset is boring.

Kinda getting ahead of ourselves here.
It's not that far a leap of logic to make. I think it's actually pretty damn likely

D

Deleted member

To many haters on Terry. He is gaming history. If you know him or not.
He looks dope. That model is great as ****. I got the weirdest nostalgia from seeing the spritework in his trailer. Who gives a **** if I didn't get Metal Slugs?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hyped as hell that Terry in, slightly let down Kyo got shafted (though it was expected), and so excited for the future DLC.

I have so many different feelings right.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
He looks dope. That model is great as ****. I got the weirdest nostalgia from seeing the spritework in his trailer. Who gives a **** if I didn't get Metal Slugs?
I used to watch KoF sprite comics and all back then. IT was totally worth seeing. The trailer was perfect.
I really hope his Mark of the wolves costume is also an alt costume. I love that design most.
And we need a Mai spirit.

So excited. I was excited for Banjo, but I am more so for Terry.

Hyped as hell that Terry in, slightly let down Kyo got shafted (though it was expected), and so excited for the future DLC.

I have so many different feelings right.
In a battle of Kyo vs Terry.
Terry is the more iconic. I like Kyo, but this is Terry Bogard. He is the Ryu of Street Fighter. Kyo is Guile. (And that is not an insult)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I used to watch KoF sprite comics and all back then. IT was totally worth seeing. The trailer was perfect.
I really hope his Mark of the wolves costume is also an alt costume. I love that design most.
And we need a Mai spirit.

So excited. I was excited for Banjo, but I am more so for Terry.
I only played King of Fighters 94, so that's all I can work off of. Let me tell you, if I see a Team America or Team Korea character in Smash, I'm gonna ****ing freak. Let's go Korean Freddy Krueger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Welp, I'm heading out for tonight. The Direct was fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to those new characters, as well as the other games that were touched, such as LM3, SwSh and AC:NH.

Also, regardless of how many people in this thread interpret the "game worlds" comment as nothing but third-parties, I'm not letting it discourage me from supporting my most-wanted. The best part about Smash is the speculation, and I'm not making the same mistake as last time where I get too caught up in the opinions of others.

Support whoever you want because we're once again back to a point where anyone and anything could get in.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I only played King of Fighters 94, so that's all I can work off of. Let me tell you, if I see a Team America or Team Korea character in Smash, I'm gonna ****ing freak. Let's go Korean Freddy Krueger.

The Spirits should actually be teams. But since they specifically said Fatal Fury, my guess will be

Geese
Rock
Mai
Andy Bogard
Joe
Hopefully Wolfgang.
Billy Kane
Female Terry?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Ugh. Of course Alpharad and Joe would be worried about Terry getting a female alt and not care about the character itself.

I really hope there's no female alt just to spite that

D

Deleted member

The Spirits should actually be teams. But since they specifically said Fatal Fury, my guess will be

Geese
Rock
Mai
Andy Bogard
Joe
Hopefully Wolfgang.
Billy Kane
Female Terry?
You're right. Best to keep my expectations in check.

I know next to nothing about Fatal Furry though, other than it's like SNK's Street Fighter. Is that a fair comparison?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You're right. Best to keep my expectations in check.

I know next to nothing about Fatal Furry though, other than it's like SNK's Street Fighter. Is that a fair comparison?
Yes. That is fair. And it was not as popular. Fatal Fury really survived because of King of Fighters. The best entry in the series is Mark of the Wolves (and I am biased there). Which did a Street Fighter 3 thing of the next generation. I would start there. And watch the Animes. They are glorious bad fighting game anime and I loved every second of them.

They will edit the holy **** out of that.
They would. But it could be a fun spirit.

I ask you people.

How many of you have experienced SNK Products?
We talking SNK games outside of KOF and Fatal Fury? Wind Jammers is epic. They released it on the switch. Then there is Metal Slug. Which is also great.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Ugh. Of course Alpharad and Joe would be worried about Terry getting a female alt and not care about the character itself.

I really hope there's no female alt just to spite that
alt costume would require similar skeleton structure

They'd have to give her male terry's big muscle and body size

D

Deleted member

I ask you people.

How many of you have experienced SNK Products?
I played the **** out of Metal Slugs when its anthology came out on Wii. I even got my dad to play it, and he does not play video games in the slightest. Also played a lot of King of Fighters 94 on Wiiware. It's a cool company overall. Definitely smaller than **** like Capcom, but I don't think that's a reason to neglect it.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I played the **** out of Metal Slugs when its anthology came out on Wii. I even got my dad to play it, and he does not play video games in the slightest. Also played a lot of King of Fighters 94 on Wiiware. It's a cool company overall
Just to add to the discussion, KoF 98 and 2002 are the really big ones I know of that were super popular. They were like "Dream games" The KOF series had a continuing story (which was rather campy Scifi, but fun) with arcs. The Orochi arc. the Nest arc and the the ash arc (which I do not know the name of)

And after each arc was a dream game, where you fought Rugal.

I would recommend those 2 if you want a good history of KOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom