• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, I’m definitely going to have to get on completing a new article about the last two Smash presentations. Some really good stuff to talk about.

Overall, I thought the Nintendo Direct today was fantastic. Keep forgetting Xenoblade Definitive Edition is coming, and that game holds a special place in my heart.

Banjo-Kazooie is awesome in Smash. I love MEGALOVANIA and always wanted it in Smash despite having never played Undertale. While I don’t really think this makes Reimu’s chances get any better (really don’t think there’s a connection tbh), I’m glad for the fans of Undertale to basically get Sans.

All I will say is...I have a good feeling about Resident Evil and Tekken among the next DLC. I also get the feeling it would add up to an additional pass. It did say it would be sold separately from the Fighter’s Pass, but I assume that has more to do with the fact that there’s going to be a separate grouping, and they won’t be included if you buy Fighter Pass #1.

If Disney plays ball, I could see Sora. Not sure what to think with Disney though, and if they’d be a pain about it. I’d say Dante is in play, as well as a number of others. Overall I just think Tekken and Resident Evil are too big to ignore.

Other than that...I don’t really have any huge desires of my own. Gimme those two, and I’m happy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Look I’m just sayin the Camp feature had several new animations for new and old Pokemon, and there’s definitely more to come.

I just think people are bein a lil too judgy a lil too fast, and in their need to find something to hate they’re being unfair to the game. Not even giving it a chance to fully show its redeeming qualities. I know it has several issues but dammit it could turn out way better than you think it will! I’m not telling anyone to buy it, I just...

I dunno.

It just hurts to see your favorite series reduced to a laughingstock. It hurts to be harassed simply for thinking things won’t be so bad.

I dunno man, I’m sorry.

Now nobody reply to this post. I’m serious, If we start another squabble on this blessed night I’m gonna be so pissed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So like, since there's more DLC characters, and Sakurai expressed interest in doing more, do you think there will be a Season 2 pass, or will these characters just be some one offs like Plant?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My hope for Tetra has risen from the ashes now that we know that we're getting more fighters.

Dixie and Bandana Dee, too. I'm welcoming of more third parties but with more than a few DLC fighters beyond Fighter Pass #1 on the way, I'd really like to see more folks from Nintendo's own IPs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So like, since there's more DLC characters, and Sakurai expressed interest in doing more, do you think there will be a Season 2 pass, or will these characters just be some one offs like Plant?
Right now I'm just betting one-offs, but maybe they'll announce a second pass along with character 5.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So, anyone else here getting Overwatch for the Switch?
HECK YEAH!

I mean, PC is definitely my primary. But I'll try the Switch version! Overwatch has become one of my favorite games of all time, and it's a shocker since FPSes have always been a franchise I'm bad at playing. OW is the exception where I have a couple characters that I'm ok with.

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine Your avatar is wonderful.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Was that really part of it? Like, if the monkey is in the game, I think it still has a bit of a footing.

Although I wouldn’t be sad to see said Theory die honestly.
Yes.

Piranha Plant and Pikmin

Joker and Morgana

Hero and Slime

Banjo and Kazooie

Terry stands alone

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Can't wait for the Gen 8 rep debate for Pokémon. Don't got any breakout 'mon currently and there's no current indication of who GF is pushing IIRC.

Bets are on Lord Drum Monkey

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Polteageist

His final smash is spilling tea on twitter
I mean, like, I totally wouldn't mind.

I'm just wondering if Polteageist will evolve. Surely not because that name is too great to give up.

What would the evo even be? Coffeeind?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Remember the "Cloud looks like Pac-Man" and the "Mewtwo in Greninja's trailer" or whatever?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, no one can tell me Home-Run Contest in Ultimate isn't inspired by the sub games in Kirby.

Shroob

Sup?
So today:

Killed Partner Theory

Killed Color Theory(Let's be real who gives a **** about Color Theory)

Killed the 4chan Trailer leak

STRENGTHENED:

The World of Light character slot datamine

Sabi and Vergeben

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Honestly Terry could've followed the whole companion thing if they added the kid version of Rock to some of his taunts and slapped Rock on the banner.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, these past few hours have been wild!

That was an amazing Direct! Figured I'd share my highlights from it:

• Overwatch is finally coming to the Switch! About time!
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 still looks cool, especially with each floor being distinct from one another and that cool pyramid one.
  • Don't care for Super Kirby Clash much other than Nightmare's return. That's very nice!
  • So Terry Bogard ended up being the SNK rep. Awesome, I pretty much expected he'd be chosen to represent his company! His Smash model looks absolutely fantastic! Poor Nakoruru fans though. That was a harsh deconfirmation during her trailer.
  • VERY glad that Nintendo is finally expanding the retro game lineup for Nintendo Switch Online to SNES! Looks like they may just add one retro console each year to the lineup, so maybe the N64 games next year? Seems like it. Guess that means we won't expect Gamecube games until two years from now (IF they do decide to do Gamecube games, which I really hope they do).
  • The Pokemon Sword and Shield news drop was quite good!
    • I dig many of the trainer customization features shown so far. I just hope we won't version exclusive clothing like what happened in Generation 7.
    • Pokemon Camp is basically the new Pokemon Amie/Refresh, though the ability to visit other players' camp sites makes me think it's this game's version of the Secret Bases. I wonder if we can customize tents too?
    • I really like the expressions the trainer makes when they eat the curry!
    • Also, stirring the curry and trying to make sure it doesn't get burned? That really reminds me of baking Poffins from the Sinnoh games! (another Sinnoh remake hint perhaps?)
    • The teapot Pokemon looks cute. Surprised that it's secondary typing isn't Steel, but hey, I guess its evolution will have that (assuming it has an evolution, which I thinks likely). The "pelican" Pokemon from the leaks was finally revealed, only this "pelican" is actually a cormorant! We finally have a cormorant Pokemon, and that makes me very happy! Really nice design for such a Pokemon, and I think it has quite a fun ability too! Definitely one of my favorite Galar Pokemon revealed so far!
    • The League Trainer cards are a nice feature! I like the many customization options you can do with it, and having them appear right before battles with other players you face is very nice too! Leon's card looks classy!
  • The new Animal Crossing still looks good, though I'm not much of an Animal Crossing fan, so I can't say much else.
  • Xenoblade 1 getting a port for the Switch as the last reveal of today's Direct didn't wow me at first until I saw Shulk's updated look. Loving the graphical updates! Considering it's called "definitive edition," I guess we can see some big changes and new features in addition to those nice new graphics!
  • Banjo & Kazooie look decent based on the gameplay footage Sakurai showed. Kinda neat how his stage actually rotates to show everything that's going on from a stationary point. Sad to see Gruntilda isn't a stage boss since it seemed like the perfect opportunity to include her as such, but hey, at least she makes a cameo.
  • We finally have Pokemon Mii costumes! Perhaps we'll see Grunts from other villainous teams follow suit? At the very least, I hope some other Pokemon get some Mii costumes!
  • Sakurai actually put Sans from Undertale as a Mii Costume AND we got a Smash remix of Megalovania? Very unexpected, but also awesome!
  • I honestly thought we were going to have one DLC Fighter Pass, especially after Sakura's recent comments, so I was shocked to hear we are getting more fighters after the 1st Fighter Pass. Yet, I'm also very excited to see more Fighers. Looking forward to it! Here's hoping Professor Layton is among those future Fighter!
This may just be the best Direct so far from this year!

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
With Fatal Fury being repped I hope the rest of the DLC is just famous 90s/early 2000s japanese ips

Phantasy Star, Puyo Puyo, Residant Evil, Metal Slug, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Sakura Wars, Ace Attorney, Xenosaga, Guilty Gear, Devil May Cry

make every character in those bizzare 90s video game doujishis all get in smash

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do you think it went down?

Option A:
Sakurai: “Almost done with the Fighters Pass! After that I can finally rest!
Nintendo: Actually...your work isn’t quite done yet, Mr. Sakurai...
Sakurai: P-please, please I just want a break...
Nintendo: “And we just want more money, so get to it. Chop chop.

Or option B:
Nintendo: “Well Mr. Sakurai, you’re doing great! Once the Fighters Pass is over with you’ll be done!”
Sakurai: “Oh I’m not done...”
Nintendo: “Uh...what?”
Sakurai: “I suggest you start planning more directs, Ninty! Cuz this hype train ain’t stopping ANY. TIME. SOON!”
Nintendo: “We’ve created a monster...”

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If all this extra DLC actually means a Season 2's worth of characters, you know what we're doing.

We're repping the Maverick Hunters. We become World Warriors. We're fighting to get back the Zaibatsu. We're becoming to the Masters of Unlocking. WE RIP. WE TEAR. WE IZUNA DROP!!!

Will I get any more of the sick characters I like? Only the X-Busters in our hands knows.

The Wild Ride never ends.

Hype Man X8.jpeg

Let's get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom