• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can't believe people talk about the latest Smash newcomer in a Smash forum.

What a twist.
Yeah but we all know the rage is gonna go on forever.
Might as well just give everyone a Red Lantern pfp

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but we all know the rage is gonna go on forever.
Might as well just give everyone a Red Lantern pfp
Oh, the rage will definitely be on the same level with Corrin.

But at least I like Byleth, so I don't feel bad defending them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The next pass could have Geno, Phoenix Wright, Crash, Master Chief, and Doomslayer and there would still be complaints about the fact Byleth is in the game.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I sleep on byleth. Female byleth should have been default. Like female corrin.

I am not excited for them, but i have accepted them. Lets go 28th. Want to do the classic mode.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I sleep on byleth. Female byleth should have been default.
I don't know if I agree with that, but it's still hilarious how Byleth answers Sothis' question on how else they could be different by changing genders on the spot.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Okay. Who else is burnt out of speculation and mystery? Is there anyone who wouldn’t massively prefer a cinematic trailer revealing all 6 fighters at once?
I am not. Just disappointed. but It is a new day. no need to be now. We have a new character coming. might not be the one I wanted. but they are coming. les have fun with what we have instead of worrying about what we wanted now.

It is a new character. This will be fun.

D

Deleted member

Okay. Who else is burnt out of speculation and mystery? Is there anyone who wouldn’t massively prefer a cinematic trailer revealing all 6 fighters at once?
I don’t give a **** anymore now, not gonna pay any head to the 6 new guys unless one of them catches my eye.

Also not gonna buy the Fighter’s pass either because I don’t like any of the characters in it and I’m dirt poor anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not me. Talking about the same 6 characters for two years sounds like a nightmare.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know if I agree with that, but it's still hilarious how Byleth answers Sothis' question on how else they could be different by changing genders on the spot.
They even made a joke about that in the Japanese version.

Sothis say something along the line of: "you call yourself a man?!" after Byleth get beat up.

And Byleth answer is to change into a woman, with Sothis find funny.

Quit a shame it was removed from the English version.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait until the 28th. We'll probably be getting datamining perhaps.

Although I do expect that Ryu Hayabusa might be among the remaining 6. I dunno why just a gut feeling in me. Feeling we'll also be getting another Capcom rep.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
just checked my history, and completely forgot about this rofl
hmmm... y'all think fighter 5 could be first party more suited for a general direct?

maybe that's the reason they didn't bother showing it at such a biggish event.

Calling it now, Byleth... win

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been obsessed with grizzly bears lately. Probably because I can blame it on the 1976 film Grizzly which I plan to watch soon enough.

Plus they're just awesome animals. Both strong and majestic at once its no wonder the indigenous people saw them as an symbol of strength and respected them.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Although I do expect that Ryu Hayabusa might be among the remaining 6. I dunno why just a gut feeling in me. Feeling we'll also be getting another Capcom rep.
As for data mining.... that hasn’t yielded anything since Hero’s reveal.

Hmmm.... idk about that. There’s only 6 slots. So between

1. Geno,
  2. Rayman,
  3. Crash Bandicoot,
  4. DoomSlayer,
  5. Ryu Hayabusa,
  6. A new Capcom Character,
  7. A new Namco character because we need more from them then just friggin Pac-Man
  8. And at least one Nintendo character because I was proven wrong and we need to make room for at least one in every speculation flow chart now
And the increased likelihood that there won’t be a third expansion pass, two of those guys are gonna need to drop out of the model. And I think you know who I would drop.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As for data mining.... that hasn’t yielded anything since Hero’s reveal.

Hmmm.... idk about that. There’s only 6 slots. So between

1. Geno,
  2. Rayman,
  3. Crash Bandicoot,
  4. DoomSlayer,
  5. Ryu Hayabusa,
  6. A new Capcom Character,
  7. A new Namco character because we need more from them then just friggin Pac-Man
  8. And at least one Nintendo character because I was proven wrong and we need to make room for at least one in every speculation flow chart now
And the increased likelihood that there won’t be a third expansion pass, two of those guys are gonna need to drop out of the model. And I think you know who I would drop.
Can't exactly predict all six but if I had to guess on any of them I have a gut feeling on Travis Touchdown, Ryu Hayabusa, Capcom rep and an 1st party rep.

We're gonna most likely know who 6 and 7 will be at E3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't exactly predict all six but if I had to guess on any of them I have a gut feeling on Travis Touchdown, Ryu Hayabusa, Capcom rep and an 1st party rep.

We're gonna most likely know who 6 and 7 will be at E3.
.... I really don’t know. I kind of feel like Geno needs to be here. After Byleth and after they did Banjo last year, he just feels like a good strategic move. And one of those slots HAS to go to Namco. They help develop the game, the last two games even. They’ve earned more then just Pac-Man.

Byleth really screwed up my mental math on character likelihood. I don’t know how to think about things anymore. Crash makes sense. DoomSlayer makes sense. Rayman makes sense. But so do Travis and Hayabusa and I just.... arg. This is why I don’t like speculation. It’s not speculation. It’s blind guessing. There’s no way to actually figure out the answer so we just talk in circles.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
.... I really don’t know. I kind of feel like Geno needs to be here. After Byleth and after they did Banjo last year, he just feels like a good strategic move. And one of those slots HAS to go to Namco. They help develop the game, the last two games even. They’ve earned more then just Pac-Man.

Byleth really screwed up my mental math on character likelihood. I don’t know how to think about things anymore. Crash makes sense. DoomSlayer makes sense. Rayman makes sense. But so do Travis and Hayabusa and I just.... arg. This is why I don’t like speculation. It’s not speculation. It’s blind guessing. There’s no way to actually figure out the answer so we just talk in circles.
We'll all know in five months from now. June will eventually be here as soon as we know it.

In the meantime I got plenty of other things to do in life to help pass the time.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I think ryu, kosmos, steve, rillaboom and maybe rex/pyra are on the list.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Wow, this new fighter for Smash looks great!
imainogbe7b41.png

Mr. Krupp's last moments before getting vaporised by the light beams.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah. I'm pretty much done with speculation after Byleth. Community's stale and unbearable for my tastes.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I never get why people say a female alt should be the default.

Byleth especially is supposed to be an avatar so the main demographic is what he should represent, that being males. He was first revealed as a male, has always been marketed (well, at least in the Treehouses **** and gameplay trailers) as male, and as such, it makes perfect sense that he's the default.

Anyways, one thing I really like about Byleth is the Sword Chain Whip thing they got going on. I'm really one for making a weapon class more versatile via ridiculous transformations like in Bloodborne so seeing a sword become a bone whip that tethers opponents like a chain is sick. Completely metal. And the combo he does where the whip impales someone and then he's pulled up to them to deliver a spike is ****ing cool.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing pokemon Sword
>getting dens done
>friend irl asks me what my team is for ranked battles
>tells him I haven't gotten it done yet
>he tells me I should get it done
>tells him I don't wanna jump into ranked yet
>tells me to do it anyways
>tells him no
>he throws a plastic cup at me
20200117_095855.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I never get why people say a female alt should be the default.

Byleth especially is supposed to be an avatar so the main demographic is what he should represent, that being males. He was first revealed as a male, has always been marketed (well, at least in the Treehouses **** and gameplay trailers) as male, and as such, it makes perfect sense that he's the default.

Anyways, one thing I really like about Byleth is the Sword Chain Whip thing they got going on. I'm really one for making a weapon class more versatile via ridiculous transformations like in Bloodborne so seeing a sword become a bone whip that tethers opponents like a chain is sick. Completely metal. And the combo he does where the whip impales someone and then he's pulled up to them to deliver a spike is ****ing cool.
At the same time Femleth is the fan favourite, especially when you remember FE is especially popular among women. The crew clearly knows of Byleth's meme of being addicted to fishing too. Byleth being put in prerelease makes sense for this but again, FE is popular among women so it's just a case of "What are you doing?"

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning guys, hope everyone's cooled off from yesterday.

Also, I found this masterpiece on twitter:

"Banjooby-Dooby-Doo, Where are you? We've got some fighters to Smash now!"

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I think we'll see Ezio or Cassandra as a fighter. Altair is definitely not the main face of Assassin's Creed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
After Byleth releases I'm finally gonna do my Ultimate every fighter AI tournament. I might run a 2nd bracket after pass 2 ends, but I want to do one now that the roster is even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom