• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Heck FemByleth even got to appear in the CG portion of their trailer and even got their own splash art.
that said, this is probably more because the two are considered different characters with slightly different names in japan (the fighter name is divided with a slash between "ベレト / ベレス" on the website)

the distinction is also why i guarantee their CSS icon will be a horrid mishmash of the two's faces in a similar fashion to how the website presents them, rather than just going the robin/corirn route of one face

1579997854109.png

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uh, guys
Direct soon or nay?
This combined with the can leaker stating directly after Byleth;

it’s definitely happening Tuesday imo. If not next week for sure. No way this leaked in what would be 2 weeks earliest, to 3 weeks earliest before a potential February direct. It’s gotta be this week

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I can list off why I think she looks bad.
1) the leggings
2) he big eyes
3) her spread apart eyes
3) why is she in shorts while Male is fully amored

Smash fixed at least some of those because she looks much better in smash
I mentioned the tights/leggings.

I like the shorts because they set her apart from other characters and I never understood the complaints about her eyes, they aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
that said, this is probably more because the two are considered different characters with slightly different names in japan (the fighter name is divided with a slash between "ベレト / ベレス" on the website)

the distinction is also why i guarantee their CSS icon will be a horrid mishmash of the two's faces in a similar fashion to how the website presents them, rather than just going the robin/corirn route of one face

View attachment 259680
The flip-floppiness here bothers me, they have equal billing on their page like that, but it's only male Byleth in the mural.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Interesting that EB Games Canada posted that Street Fighter V Switch port tweet three hours ago and still haven't taken it down yet.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The flip-floppiness here bothers me, they have equal billing on their page like that, but it's only male Byleth in the mural.
And why not do something similar with Alph/Koopalings? Granted, 8 characters would be a cluster**** of an icon, but they could still just have Bowser Jr.'s face and call it "Koopa Kids".

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
And why not do something similar with Alph/Koopalings? Granted, 8 characters would be a cluster**** of an icon, but they could still just have Bowser Jr.'s face and call it "Koopa Kids".
I meant specifically because the Byleths have equal billing on their page, but I agree, every character with multiple forms should be in the mural.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

it’s definitely happening Tuesday imo. If not next week for sure. No way this leaked in what would be 2 weeks earliest, to 3 weeks earliest before a potential February direct. It’s gotta be this week
Any particular reason people think this Thursday, besides Byleth releasing that day? Nintendo has been usually consistent on having directs on either Wednesdays or Thursdays, and almost always staying on the same day of the week within a given year. We’ve already had one direct and a direct-like presentation on Thursdays this year to boot.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Thank you to all who participated in my AMA! It was loads of fun and I'm glad you all took the time to get to know me a little better. :)

I hope it was fun for you all as well.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Apparently, EVO Japan is happening tomorrow, so this SF5 port could be announced at that. I wouldn't start hyping a Direct yet.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
For laughs and giggles I played Pac-Man World 2 today to relive some childhood nostalgia.

That game...Actually aged pretty well. Like, it's a shockingly solid 3D Platformer. I also discovered that it's where Pac-Man's UAir comes from, lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I think I made a Joker ragequit.

He was destroying me, and then I rolled and invincibilty Hocus Pocus into Magic Burst to win.

He quit frame one.

I need to stop expecting rematches as a Hero main.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, I just read that a lot of Warframe folks are pissed about that new End of Mission screen they showed off (it's a WIP, but still)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 259680
Can we all have another F in the chat for poor old Alph?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Decided to try Three Houses again.

...I’m very sorry for trashing this game in the past. This could shape up to be a game I will sink a TON of time into now.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

...I’m very sorry for trashing this game in the past. This could shape up to be a game I will sink a TON of time into now.
Yeah, it's pretty damn good. I'm on my third run of the game now with the Black Eagles and it's still hella addicting.

What house did you pick?

D

Deleted member

Ok, I want the thread to vote my last pfp change until the potential DQ x Fire Emblem fan art finally comes out.

These are the two candidates:

20200126_021401.jpg

I just feel this character design captures my personality well

vs

20200126_022227.jpg

It is the closest I got to a high quality Coronation Starscream so I would just go with this one if the thread chooses it.

I ask for votation because I legit can't decide one over the other on my own.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Ok, I want the thread to vote my last pfp change until the potential DQ x Fire Emblem fan art finally comes out.

These are the two candidates:

View attachment 259689
I just feel this character design captures my personality well

vs

View attachment 259691
It is the closest I got to a high quality Coronation Starscream so I would just go with this one if the thread chooses it.

I ask for votation because I legit can't decide one over the other on my own.
I'd like it if you chose Cobra Commander.

D

Deleted member

Props to Mikio for staying loyal to a character amidst the tier chasers of Tekken 7.

"It's about sending a message."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Any particular reason people think this Thursday, besides Byleth releasing that day? Nintendo has been usually consistent on having directs on either Wednesdays or Thursdays, and almost always staying on the same day of the week within a given year. We’ve already had one direct and a direct-like presentation on Thursdays this year to boot.
This last month we had GameStop update their systems to include a bunch of new unannounced switch games, multiple retailers keep putting out ratings for games coming to switch that aren’t announced, people think like that the first pass since sakurai is not a fan of selling something blindly, we see fighter 6 before it goes on sale. The crash leaker supports that idea with the statement crash comes directly after Byleth possibly hinting towards a direct soon after byletth( but that last part is more my personal speculation) and now this street fighter listing.

There seems to be a lot of listings building towards a direct. New horizons is also getting brand new store promotions which could hint towards more news soon on it.
Apparently, EVO Japan is happening tomorrow, so this SF5 port could be announced at that. I wouldn't start hyping a Direct yet.
Worth noting then. Even if announced there it wouldn’t shock me if it was shown in a direct too with the promise of more exclusives coming soon

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** it, I'm playing Three Houses again and starting up BE.
never stop playing it
so our first ama for next week will be
snowgolem snowgolem !
dude, they only signed up like a couple days ago lol.
and our second
if both are available, expect their AMAs to drop next Wednesday and Saturday respectively
look at you putting in all this hard work
dear followers, today i bring you byleth corn

tomorrow? who knows
not enough
Thank you to all who participated in my AMA! It was loads of fun and I'm glad you all took the time to get to know me a little better. :)

I hope it was fun for you all as well.
got us out here blushing
So I think I made a Joker ragequit.

He was destroying me, and then I rolled and invincibilty Hocus Pocus into Magic Burst to win.

He quit frame one.

I need to stop expecting rematches as a Hero main.
Bros Mad

You’re forgiven by Lady Rhea/better Palutena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom