• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean yeah. I don’t like em either. Usually if the “villain” is the main character, they’re not really a villain. They’re just a misunderstood goof who’s lashing out. And if they actually ACT like a villain and are still the main character, well, that’s how you get movies like Joker. Which are kind of disturbing to watch.
Thing is, I like Joker.

It's more so like:

I know a lot of my friends love the Overlord anime.

It's impossible for me to enjoy it when the series tries to balance legit fun and cute moments with "Wait these guys kill people."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know that “Villain” isn’t synonymous with ”antagonist” right? Just like “:ulthero:” isn’t synonymous with “protagonist”.
What I’m saying is that, writers try to make protagonists sympathetic to the audience. And the more the audience sympathizes with them, the less Villanous they become. You can’t have someone be the unflinching force of pure evil AND make them sympathetic. You can try but unless you’re a master writer then it won’t work.

I’d rather see the Robobot, Hypernova would basically just be Luigi’s except in one direction and it’s probably the weakest premise for a gimmick in the series.
But it’s Kirby’s main power, the one everyone knows him for, the thing that makes him stand out from other platformers, but amped up to 11.

D

Deleted member

Look, you're setting yourself up to have a miserable time on here if receiving likes is your biggest reason for posting. I'm not a master at sparking interesting discussions by any means but I do try my best to talk about things with the people here, which is, y'know...the main purpose of a social thread.

I'm sorry for making you upset but you need to build up a positive reputation here and start interacting with the group more if you really want others to notice you.
>me sitting in the corner watching this go on
2E1C77E5-15A0-4B48-9B1A-CF2F3FDEE4C1.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Likes?

Eh, who care having lots of likes per post anyway? Everyone know you should have just fun & talk whatever you want (so long it isn't going to send the thread into pure chaos), without caring about internet points, hehehehehe.....

Come on, come on guys, we're like almost halfway to 40'000 likes, pleaaaaaaaaaaase!!!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Part 10 of my world of light nuzlocke is in the books!

I can't contain my excitement lol
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzvGNIbhSUCi6X8tGw0hnSR7PUo_z11ZDtGTSggxfWY/edit?usp=sharing

Day 10 (January 25th, 2020)

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Joker, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Sonic, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley, Robin, R.O.B., Greninja, Wolf, Ike, Meta Knight, Mewtwo

Dead/Defeated

• 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)
  • 18th Out: Isabelle (Raikou, Entei, & Suicune battle)
  • 19th Out: Samus (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy battle)
  • 20th Out: Banjo & Kazooie (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 21st Out: Pichu (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 22nd Out: Pac-Man (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 23rd Out: Snake (Kraid battle)
  • 24th Out: Mii Swordfighter (Dry Bowser battle)
  • 25th Out: Dark Pit (Amy battle)
  • 26th Out: Young Link (Andross battle)

Special events: This is the last section of the game before the end portion, and also the last section with plenty of characters to rescue. ROB was first on the rescue list, and Greninja came second. Unfortunately, Young Link fell to Andross. R.O.B. was able to defeat him, but I needed to take a break before doing a rematch after Young Link’s death because Andross is a FRUSTRATING assistant trophy. Anyway, Wolf was the next character to rescue on the docket, and Ike was rescued soon after that. A pleasant discovery I found soon after that was that Meta Knight was right next to Ike! If you’ve discovered a pattern yet, it’s that I’m going on a fighter rescue run to prepare for the final section of the map. After switching to Robin and playing him for a while, Mewtwo was able to be rescued. After saving those six fighters, I decided to not risk going for the others (due to 4-star spirits blocking the path; don’t wanna lose more characters than I have to) and the group made their trek toward the bright purple helix to prepare for Marx. The problem was that in order to beat the boss in the mysterious dimension and unlock the final part of the game, Tabuu needed to be defeated… who just so happens to be a legend/4-star spirit. Thankfully, Tabuu was defeated… but BARELY. Robin only had 13 HP by the end of it. Marx was much easier in comparison.

With that being that, the portal opened for the next boss in the game… DHARKON. Robin was able to defeat the beast and unlock the final area of the run… the endgame section, also known as “the end.” With the final area of the game being unlocked, I will take a break… for now.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Part 10 of my world of light nuzlocke is in the books!

I can't contain my excitement lol
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OzvGNIbhSUCi6X8tGw0hnSR7PUo_z11ZDtGTSggxfWY/edit?usp=sharing

Day 10 (January 25th, 2020)

Alive/Rescued: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Joker, Terry, Fox, Lucas, Falco, Ness, Mii Gunner/Sans, Olimar, Link, Sonic, Mii Brawler, Zelda, Cloud, Chrom, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley, Robin, R.O.B., Greninja, Wolf, Ike, Meta Knight, Mewtwo

Dead/Defeated

• 1st Out: Sheik (Shinobu battle)
  • 2nd Out: Jigglypuff (Fi battle)
  • 3rd Out: Inkling (Infinite battle)
  • 4th Out: Piranha Plant (Deep Breathing battle)
  • 5th Out: Villager (Marin battle)
  • 6th Out: Kirby (Rayman battle)
  • 7th Out: Lucario (Culdra battle)
  • 8th Out: Marth (Affinity battle)
  • 9th Out: Dr. Mario (Susie battle)
  • 10th Out: Hero (Andy battle)
  • 11th Out: Yoshi (Sigma battle)
  • 12th Out: Wii Fit Trainer (Sigma battle)
  • 13th Out: Simon (Ellie battle)
  • 14th Out: Pit (Orbulon battle)
  • 15th Out: Donkey Kong (Flying Man battle)
  • 16th Out: Ice Climbers (Star Rod battle)
  • 17th Out: Pikachu (Funky Kong battle)
  • 18th Out: Isabelle (Raikou, Entei, & Suicune battle)
  • 19th Out: Samus (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy battle)
  • 20th Out: Banjo & Kazooie (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 21st Out: Pichu (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 22nd Out: Pac-Man (MegaMan Volnutt battle)
  • 23rd Out: Snake (Kraid battle)
  • 24th Out: Mii Swordfighter (Dry Bowser battle)
  • 25th Out: Dark Pit (Amy battle)
  • 26th Out: Young Link (Andross battle)

Special events: This is the last section of the game before the end portion, and also the last section with plenty of characters to rescue. ROB was first on the rescue list, and Greninja came second. Unfortunately, Young Link fell to Andross. R.O.B. was able to defeat him, but I needed to take a break before doing a rematch after Young Link’s death because Andross is a FRUSTRATING assistant trophy. Anyway, Wolf was the next character to rescue on the docket, and Ike was rescued soon after that. A pleasant discovery I found soon after that was that Meta Knight was right next to Ike! If you’ve discovered a pattern yet, it’s that I’m going on a fighter rescue run to prepare for the final section of the map. After switching to Robin and playing him for a while, Mewtwo was able to be rescued. After saving those six fighters, I decided to not risk going for the others (due to 4-star spirits blocking the path; don’t wanna lose more characters than I have to) and the group made their trek toward the bright purple helix to prepare for Marx. The problem was that in order to beat the boss in the mysterious dimension and unlock the final part of the game, Tabuu needed to be defeated… who just so happens to be a legend/4-star spirit. Thankfully, Tabuu was defeated… but BARELY. Robin only had 13 HP by the end of it. Marx was much easier in comparison.

With that being that, the portal opened for the next boss in the game… DHARKON. Robin was able to defeat the beast and unlock the final area of the run… the endgame section, also known as “the end.” With the final area of the game being unlocked, I will take a break… for now.
You sure have made a ton of progress!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You sure have made a ton of progress!
Thanks.

If I'm victorious on this run, I will be upping the ante for each future run.

For example, this first run I have: normal difficulty, dlc allowed, only one character is eliminated if you fall in the final battle
But the second run, I'm planning: normal OR hard difficulty, dlc allowed, all three characters are eliminated if you fall in the final battle

I'll keep upping the ante until I reach the maximum: hard difficulty, dlc banned, all three characters eliminated in the final battle if you fail, you are required to save ALL fighters, and spirits are banned.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Byleth should be female Byleth, she 100% has the better and more recognizable design.
What's wrong with Male Byleth?

Like I can understand when peoples complain about Male Corrin, but why oh why Male Byleth/Robin? They're pretty cool too! And this is from someone who prefer a little bit Fem!Byleth & especially Female Robin.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man, remember when everyone was tearing FemByleth's design apart?

Oh, how the times have changed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I would assume probably because more females characters?
The female alt always get more attention than the male one, and lots of peoples already decided than fem!Byleth should be THE alt, when for me, it always felt like the two Byleth got a decent amount of attention each in promotion material, and shouldn't overshadow by the other.

Like ZephyrZ ZephyrZ said tho, it's crazy how lots of peoples changed their opinion since pre-release when it come FemByleth, 'guess those 200% stats down there help alot.

Shout-out to anyone who understand this epic gamer reference.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The female alt always get more attention than the male one, and lots of peoples already decided than fem!Byleth should be THE alt, when for me, it always felt like the two Byleth got a decent amount of attention each in promotion material, and shouldn't overshadow by the other.

Like ZephyrZ ZephyrZ said tho, it's crazy how lots of peoples changed their opinion since pre-release when it come FemByleth, 'guess those 200% stats down there help alot.

Shout-out to anyone who understand this epic gamer reference.
I've always gone with the male alts given they're the canon version but Byleth is the first character where I'll be using the female alt. Why? Because I admit Female Byleth looks cute.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Like.....I'm getting tired of Male By getting ****ted on....it didn't help there's not much art of him.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

Aw yeah can't wait for it next week! :grin:
Not to bring down your excitement at all, but I honestly can't stand this franchise anymore. Like, what happened? It went from an influential racing series to... generic action series? To me, It's just a shadow of it's former self now and I don't know why they're still making them.

And even though it's a spin-off, Hobbs and Shaw was especially bad in my opinion, and pretty much showcased everything wrong with this series now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not to bring down your excitement at all, but I honestly can't stand this franchise anymore. Like, what happened? It went from an influential racing series to... generic action series? To me, It's just a shadow of it's former self now and I don't know why they're still making them.

And even though it's a spin-off, Hobbs and Shaw was especially bad in my opinion, and pretty much showcased everything wrong with this series now.
No worries not everything is for everyone anyways. Fast and Furious movies I think is just one of those franchises where you have to shut off your brain in order to enjoy it.

For me I enjoy them because of how action packed and out there they are. How it simply went from stealing DVD players, to race car driving to eventually government agents stopping an nuclear submarine that could had started WWIII and then cybernetically enhanced superhumans as Hobbs and Shaw had shown. Next thing you know they'll have the series in outer space. :p

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I mean yeah. I don’t like em either. Usually if the “villain” is the main character, they’re not really a villain. They’re just a misunderstood goof who’s lashing out. And if they actually ACT like a villain and are still the main character, well, that’s how you get movies like Joker. Which are kind of disturbing to watch.
Well the point of Joker is that it's a character study. You get to experience the reasons why things are happening and understand the character. This can have the effect that you start to agree with his decisions, but that is not the point and the movie makes a point to amp up the violence to less and less excusable length and makes you feel uneasy because you feel like you could end up in that headspace too. The character is horrible but he was kind like you but stuff happened to him that changed him. The true beauty of the film is how it lures you into the mind of the character and doesn't want you to leave when you feel like it's gone too far. It's not justifiable. It's not a happy revenge story. It's just a tragedy.

That was kind of a ramble but the point is that sympathising with a villain doesn't inherently make them seem less evil. Often it does the opposite. Only bad stories need to make the evil character feel in the right to be sympathetic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My uncle recently got two turtles on his house. Sadly they are too timid so I can't share a picture of them :(

That said doh, I got a picture of his cat sleeping on her bedroom of sorts and she is as cute as usual.

20200125_204436.jpg

I also noticed that by doing what osby osby said of holding her like a baby she does tend to not run away from me as much as she tends to.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She ain't the default design, though.
Only one is on the giant mural too. Odd, since both were highly promoted as key, actually being a double face on the banner(the one that would be on the boxart) and even the site. It's too bad the mural didn't have both, really.

D

Deleted member

My mom is finally coming from her work to take me to my locals so I can do my first ever draft, with the fee being paid by my mom. yeah boi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom