• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

I'm still disappointed with the lack of lengthy gameplay content from RE:Mind, but I gotta say, the new cutscenes at the reworked end game are so much better than what we had before.

Especially the stuff with the 358 Days Trio. I love them so much, oh my gosh they're so good.

This DLC has really improved the story aspect of KH3 in my eyes. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
how dare this man be given a spirit and not a fighter spot in Smash

:ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle: :ultgnw::ultpiranha::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer:...at this point anybody can get into Smash if Sakurai deems them worthy

Grooseland for Smash
Except those guys all have weird gimmicks that can be made into movesets. The Gyros, the zapper, the pills, yoga, all the different G&W games and piranha plant types, the hammers. All of them have something. The only one that doesn’t is Captain Falcon... and he hasn’t done a completely original, no sources at all, moveset since that first game. Despite plenty of characters giving him the opportunity to do so over the years, Groose has literally nothing. He doesn’t use any tools, he doesn’t use any weapons, he doesn’t have any powers, he doesn’t know any sort of fighting style or unique movement style of any kind. He wasn’t even in Hyrule Warriors. He’s just a guy who I guess is strong? Sure, Sakurai could invent a moveset for him, but what would be the point when he could do another character, from the same series even, that actually has things that he can work with as starting points?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Except those guys all have weird gimmicks that can be made into movesets. The Gyros, the zapper, the pills, yoga, all the different G&W games and piranha plant types, the hammers. All of them have something. The only one that doesn’t is Captain Falcon... and he hasn’t done a completely original, no sources at all, moveset since that first game. Despite plenty of characters giving him the opportunity to do so over the years, Groose has literally nothing. He doesn’t use any tools, he doesn’t use any weapons, he doesn’t have any powers, he doesn’t know any sort of fighting style or unique movement style of any kind. He wasn’t even in Hyrule Warriors. He’s just a guy who I guess is strong? Sure, Sakurai could invent a moveset for him, but what would be the point when he could do another character, from the same series even, that actually has things that he can work with as starting points?
You do know we're just memeing Groose, right?

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Is a giant little mac a normal mac?

Just thinking out loud.
Little is smaller than small and giant is bigger than big. So a big small mac and giant little Macs are both normal sized.
I don't know what degree of seriousness people are taking it in, but I have thought about it hypothetically. It would be really dumb but I can't help thinking about it because it would be completely hilarious to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know Mega Man: The Wily Wars? What if they did that whole gimmick again, except with all 12 games. The Wily Tower part, not the remade original games. That would be... I mean, I would LOVE a collection of mega man remakes that brings them all up to par with 11 in graphics and control but..., I doubt that would happen.

No, just every weapon and item from every game and you can pick which specific ones you take into the tower with you.
You do know we're just memeing Groose, right?
I don’t know the difference! I thought Waluigi was just a meme but then NOPE, suddenly he’s a lost Nintendo icon that doesn’t get enough live like he isn’t already a mandatory inclusion in every single kart, party, and sports game. Like, I just don’t understand how meme picks work

D

Deleted member

A collection of BK memes before I go to work at BK?

Sure.
Is this a play on words, or do you actually work for Rare? assuming the former, but I don’t actually remember you telling us what your job is exactly.

D

Deleted member

Okay, since you kids probably already saw that updated banner before, let me show y'all something better...if you are even interested. After that, my time spent on here will be limited to weekends.

Sa, did this liven up your afternoon? :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Just completed my first ever 3D model! I'm be honest, it's not perfect, but I'm proud. Plus, I learned a lot.
@JDCabrera Noipoi Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X AndreaAC AndreaAC DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu
View attachment 259597
I would do something similar, but my personal computer is a potato where the battery could go out at any minute and brick the entire thing.
Chromebooks don’t have any good options for 3d modeling either, so gonna have to shelf the project i wanted to do for now.
Banjo-Kazooie. Burger King. Both BK.
*facepalm* godammit I figured that was the case but how the hell did I forget Burger King existed I literally live like 20 minutes away from one on bike

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just some food for thought. The can leaker didn’t say crash would be revealed immediately after byletth( as in same presentation), they said directly after Byletth.

could be a coincidence but that wording could be worth thinking about

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Okay, since you kids probably already saw that updated banner before, let me show y'all something better...if you are even interested. After that, my time spent on here will be limited to weekends.

Sa, did this liven up your afternoon? :yoshi:
I'm not sure why you expect us to shower your posts with likes since you rarely interact with the people here and really only drop by to post the occasional art piece and then you're like "Alright, deuces!".

If you're simply unable to post here all that often, fine, that's totally understandable; I just think you need to work on how you present your posts and maybe chime in on discussions every now and then if you're so concerned about your reputation on here.

D

Deleted member

Yooo, this is a great first try! The lighing especially is buenos.

Good job, pal.
Thanks! Just wrapped up another, actually.

Got one more, then it’s animating time.

(also i just remembered i actually had a model before these but it was super simple and doesnt count so... lol)
D01B1518-2553-4062-AB4D-1AA8B8DBF47D.png

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wanna start the Black Eagles route but it's gonna be hard to side with Edelgard now since I'm a big Dimitri stan...

Maybe I'll just play through Awakening for my FE fix in the meantime.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Morgana every time Ryuji misses an attack, and he gets the chance to call him a ****ing imbecile.
8DA94CC3-7958-45A6-8657-8463B067FD69.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why you expect us to shower your posts with likes since you rarely interact with the people here and really only drop by to post the occasional art piece and then you're like "Alright, deuces!".

If you're simply unable to post here all that often, fine, that's totally understandable; I just think you need to work on how you present your posts and maybe chime in on discussions every now and then if you're so concerned about your reputation on here.
*starts to break down* I know, you are right. It is my fault for setting my expectations so high.

I just wish I could get 20+ likes to a single post just once, but obviously that will never happen. Seeing the rest of you get 15+ for just one message just makes me jealous. The reason I cannot interact that often is because I can only answer casual topics, I avoid speculation discussions, and I feel y'all might bite if I try alk to any of you. Most of y'all are between 13-30, I am damn near 60, so what common interests do we have besides our love for Smash?

*starts to cry* I am sorry, dawg. I cannot do this any longer. You will not see me on this thread for a while. If you ever need me, I will be in the Forum Games from now on. :yoshi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
*starts to break down* I know, you are right. It is my fault for setting my expectations so high.

I just wish I could get 20+ likes to a single post just once, but obviously that will never happen. Seeing the rest of you get 15+ for just one message just makes me jealous. The reason I cannot interact that often is because I can only answer casual topics, I avoid speculation discussions, and I feel y'all might bite if I try alk to any of you. Most of y'all are between 13-30, I am damn near 60, so what common interests do we have besides our love for Smash?

*starts to cry* I am sorry, dawg. I cannot do this any longer. You will not see me on this thread for a while. If you ever need me, I will be in the Forum Games from now on. :yoshi:
20+ for one post is setting your expectations a bit too high. Whenever I post stuff I worked real hard on, it usually never gets close to that much likes, and that’s fine. Besides, Smashboards isn’t about getting likes. It’s about discussions.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Spent some time cleaning some dust in my room, don't take care of that much often.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Look, you're setting yourself up to have a miserable time on here if receiving likes is your biggest reason for posting. I'm not a master at sparking interesting discussions by any means but I do try my best to talk about things with the people here, which is, y'know...the main purpose of a social thread.

I'm sorry for making you upset but you need to build up a positive reputation here and start interacting with the group more if you really want others to notice you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Stories where villains are the main characters.

Don't like 'em
I mean yeah. I don’t like em either. Usually if the “villain” is the main character, they’re not really a villain. They’re just a misunderstood goof who’s lashing out. And if they actually ACT like a villain and are still the main character, well, that’s how you get movies like Joker. Which are kind of disturbing to watch.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Don’t know if this opinion is unpopular or not, but Kirby’s final Smash should be Hypernova Kirby and not the super sword whatever.
I’d rather see the Robobot, Hypernova would basically just be Luigi’s except in one direction and it’s probably the weakest premise for a gimmick in the series.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
20+ for one post is setting your expectations a bit too high. Whenever I post stuff I worked real hard on, it usually never gets close to that much likes, and that’s fine. Besides, Smashboards isn’t about getting likes. It’s about discussions.
****posts are a pathway to many likes some consider to be unwarranted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom