• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay. Does Pizzadudemanguy ever do ANYTHING here other then plug his videos?
Quick look at his postings shows that yes, he does. I suggest taking a look at those first. I'm pretty sure that joining just to shill your content isn't allowed on the boards either way.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just gonna leave this here also top text because unique spin on the joke

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/6/6f/Scout_no01.wav

Also people actually use the ignore button? I won’t lie, I have ignored some people in the past, but always like for a day or two because they keep on getting onto my nerves and I’m legit scared whenever I get alerts from them because 9/10 they’re shooting me in the face and it’s not healthy for me, regardless of how warranted it is at times.
(cough you cough)
It’s gotten to the point I’ve considered leaving smashboards as a whole simply because of how extreme it gets at time(again, regardless of how warranted it is) and I might still do so.
I get it, you all hate me because I’m the one guy that spams gifs and unfunny jokes that only make sense in context, and that’s fair and all, but over these last few months, I’ve been trying to improve.
Granted, I’m no stand up comedian clown like the rest of you; I can’t make a joke on the fly if I tried, much less an actually funny one. But I have(with the advice of a certain mod) started toning down everything else. Just don’t expect me to talk too much about literally any topic that is usually talked about here, chances are I’m not into it.
Nobody dislikes you solely because you post off topic memes about card games, but your inability to understand and accept why people enjoy things that you don't particularly care for and your overall abrasive and confrontational tendencies make it extremely difficult to approach you in friendly conversation.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So I saw there was discussion about Zelda reps. And I have one candidate I doubt anyone considered.

I'm only half joking. I love this guy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I saw there was discussion about Zelda reps. And I have one candidate I doubt anyone considered.

Zelda def needs boosted to like, Mario levels of representation. Impa should join as a Shiek echo, followed by Link to the Past Ganon. Then we get Darunia and Ruto to rep some of the races, and then Vaati to give it another long running Zelda villain. Then finally Tingle, with his own series symbol classification for the Rupeeland series. Then if Assist trophies ever get upgrades we add in Skull Kid and Midna.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Zelda def needs boosted to like, Mario levels of representation. Impa should join as a Shiek echo, followed by Link to the Past Ganon. Then we get Darunia and Ruto to rep some of the races, and then Vaati to give it another long running Zelda villain. Then finally Tingle, with his own series symbol classification for the Rupeeland series. Then if Assist trophies ever get upgrades we add in Skull Kid and Midna.
But no Groose? Now that's not very cool.

D

Deleted member

Nobody dislikes you solely because you post off topic memes about card games, but your inability to understand and accept why people enjoy things that you don't particularly care for and your overall abrasive and confrontational tendencies make it extremely difficult to approach you in friendly conversation.
I mean, sure fair enough.

I dunno about the whole, “not understanding why people enjoy things” I can at least see not accepting why, but I know why people like stuff. I just don’t care half of the time because it’s not that big of deal to me WHY people like stuff.

As for abrasive and controversial, yeah you got a point there. Just my personality irl and online, so figures that everyone would hate me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's a funny scenario that just came to me right now.

What if starting tomorrow the entire world got genderswapped? What would the reaction be to this?

?????????????

Smash Master
Sorry if it seems like I only plug these days! I used to use SmashBoards A LOT, and would discuss moveset ideas via huge wall texts. Some of those became my early For Smash videos!

Admittedly, I do most of my actual “socializing” on Discord now, but I still like to share ideas here and support the site through Premium.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025

What if starting tomorrow the entire world got genderswapped? What would the reaction be to this?
A lot of people would be distressed, most would likely adapt easily, a minority would cry out in joy like yours truly and it would become a big interest in news publishing and scientific communities.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But no Groose? Now that's not very cool.
Has Groose ever fought? Like I know that’s not a prerequisite but I really don’t see anything in him other then “guy”. Like, from what I heard he doesn’t have any powers, he doesn’t specialize in any weapons, he doesn’t even have any weird quirks to build a moveset around like Wario or the potential Phoenix Wright. He’s just... a guy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Has Groose ever fought? Like I know that’s not a prerequisite but I really don’t see anything in him other then “guy”. Like, from what I heard he doesn’t have any powers, he doesn’t specialize in any weapons, he doesn’t even have any weird quirks to build a moveset around like Wario or the potential Phoenix Wright. He’s just... a guy.
Anyone can work at this point tbh given:ultduckhunt::ultpiranha::ultwiifittrainer:

Sakurai will find a way.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
He has his hair.

But no not really. He just can fly a bird and shoot a catapult. He would be a total mind**** like Piranha Plant.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Depends. How do already transitioned trans people count? Because if I turned into a man again I’d probably become suicidal.... again...

But if this scenario made me biologically female and I could finally give birth and stop having to worry about loosing weight then I’d be ecstatic!
Anyone can work at this point tbh given:ultduckhunt::ultpiranha::ultwiifittrainer:

Sakurai will find a way.
But that’s the thing. Duck Hunt has the zapper to work with. Piranha Plant has... well all the plant things like spike balls and poison clouds and stretching. Wii Fig Trainer has all the yoga poses and exercises equipment. But what on earth does Groose have?

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
But that’s the thing. Duck Hunt has the zapper to work with. Piranha Plant has... well all the plant things like spike balls and poison clouds and stretching. Wii Fig Trainer has all the yoga poses and exercises equipment. But what on earth does Groose have?
He would need the Captain Falcon treatment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Y'ALL ARE GROOSIN' FOR A BRUISIN'
View attachment 259590
"What do you mean I didn't get in?!

"Tell me you are joking"
how dare this man be given a spirit and not a fighter spot in Smash
:ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle: :ultgnw::ultpiranha::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer:...at this point anybody can get into Smash if Sakurai deems them worthy
I had forgotten just how funny Groose was.
Grooseland for Smash

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Drove up the hill near my house to get to work.

Had a little slip n' slide due to all of the rain and slush, but I made it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom