• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Apparently Fates is big trash
Not that I think there has been a truly bad game in the series, I sometimes wonder what's considered worse, Shadow Dragon (Remake) or the entirety of Fates?

A overtly safe remake that somehow doesn't bother including supports for the most recurring cast in the series and forcing you to KILL units to access the new content, but offered several key QoL and gameplay changes that had been needed for a long time.

An ambitious game that tries to offer more of everything and appeal to a wider audience but falls flat on it's face in many regards. Interesting ideas but bad execution.

For me personally, I feel like I'd sooner go back to Shadow Dragon as it's easier to pick up and play. Fates at it's best, Conquest, scratched a few itches for me that Awakening/Birthright didn't, but not enough for it to overcome it's story and overall mechanic changes Fates as a whole had.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Fates is a huge guilty pleasure for me. The writing is so awful it makes me physically cringe, and some of the fanservice is just too overbearing or in your face, especially for the serious tone it was trying to set.

Yet in terms of gameplay, Conquest was some of the most fun I've ever had with a 3Ds game. The level design was top notch, as least if you're a sadist like me. Probably the most hours I've poured into an FE game period.

Meanwhile Three Houses feels like the opposite. I love that game's writing but all the padding there is between makes it a real slog to replay. The core gameplay can still be fun but normal and hard modes are too easy for me an maddening throws out too much fake difficulty like same turn reinforcements. I can't bring myself to finish my BL playthrough, and I haven't even started BE yet.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I tried to take a Yoshi quiz in Japanese (Google translate is fun) and I managed to get 9 out of 10. The one I got wrong was "how many Yoshi colors are there" and I answered 12 because there ARE 12 colors, but it doesn't count the balloon Baby Yoshis from NSMBU that are magenta :yoshi:

censorship

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6194-1904-3318
I'll do a user appreciation post now, but I didn't decide to do one until now because I wasn't sure how exactly to word it, or what the criteria would be... until now.

I would say that the following users have not only treated me very well, but have also had a significant impact in my life concerning encouraging me even in my darkest times and have been very supportive through everything I've gone through, especially with my journey through depression. I will also be personally thanking people that have changed my enjoyment of the site for the better in a big way, for me.

censorship censorship - You post far more on discord of course and that's where I met you back in 2017. But, thank you for always supporting me and being one of the kindest people I know.

@KingofPhantoms - One of my first Smashboards friends. Thank you for your down to earth personality; I need that considering my zaniness at times.

@Cyndane - Thank you for supporting me during the stresses of being a moderator while I was serving in the position.

@Taylor F - I haven't known you for long but you've been very kind towards me and I appreciate it greatly. You've become one of my friends on here very quickly and I'm thankful.

@The Stoopid Unikorn - Your quirkiness knows no bounds and I've enjoyed your presence for a long time. Much appreciation for you.

staindgrey staindgrey - For encouraging me back in May of 2019 when I lost my job, along with me dealing with other drama that I won't get into right now.

@Ralsei - For their unique personality and also hearing me out when I was complaining about my personal struggles back in November 2018.

@AndreaAC - For being one of the nicest people I've interacted with on here and always being pleasant and upbeat.

A big thank you to all of you. You all have been very helpful with helping me work through dark times in my life, along with lifting my spirits constantly, and I greatly appreciate it. I need all of you, and I'm thankful for all of you.
thank you

and also for being a bud c:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
How would you feel if this was how the fighter's pass turned out?
The common thread here is that these are my three most wanted first and third parties.
The first two characters are my two most wanted, and Kamek is another one of my most wanted. I'd prefer Sceptile to Grovyle, but regardless, this is still probably my favorite hypothetical pass I've seen.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
>thinking about buying a game

>one day goes onto online shopping site

>notices said game just went on sale

Oh yeah, its all coming together

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
tfw when you wanna upload your ideal Fighters Pass Vol 2 that you spent hours on, but SB's images are being a poopyhead as usual :drsad:

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
tfw when you wanna upload your ideal Fighters Pass Vol 2 that you spent hours on, but SB's images are being a poopyhead as usual :drsad:
I posted a personally ideal FP yesterday, but TBH I kind of want to go over it a bit as I've given it some more thought.

As for one I predict that will actually happen? Eeeeehhhh that one gets tricky because Byleth has made things incredibly unpredictable, but I'll post something later I the newcomer thread after giving it some thought.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I posted a personally ideal FP yesterday, but TBH I kind of want to go over it a bit as I've given it some more thought.

As for one I predict that will actually happen? Eeeeehhhh that one gets tricky because Byleth has made things incredibly unpredictable, but I'll post something later I the newcomer thread after giving it some thought.
I look at both of y’all and think to myself...not enough Byleth

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I think a problem the with Fates was that it was described as you’ll have to make many tough choices, when really you only have to make one and that’s the store when you decide on what path you choose. There was also one choice in Conquest which wasn’t important . They made it like a Pokémon game were, you could just choose the game you liked based off the cover. It’s not a Pokémon game, it’s not just small difference. It’s a big difference in the story, characters, etc. They should’ve bundled it into one big game like they did with the Japanese version, and added more major choices. I love Fates, I just wish they went with more story choices.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No worries man, Firewall can't hurt us anymore.
Oh, maybe not Firewall himself....

BUT SAY HELLO TO MY 13K MONSTER NEGATE(r) I CALL DARKFLUID TURBO, where I try to get as many Cyberse Type Extra Deck monsters(and Ritual) into the GY to beat over the ****ing planet!

Also it’s snowing where A.I live(but images broke so can’t show it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And the direct
:p.

Im curious upon thinking though, will they skip up with the dataminers? Probably not but there’s a lot more data to go into this patch so maybe. Either way speculation could pick again and be fun depending on our next reveal and when it is
Yeah as soon as Byleth drops, the dataminers will already be on the case.
We didn't get anything from Terry. What makes you think we'll get anything from Byleth?

Seems Nintendo is making sure of it nothing gets leaked again.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So with all the Fates discussion going about, I felt the need to ask this. Does anyone see that game's reception as a "Critics vs. Fans" sort-of thing? The FE community has highly regarded it as one of the worst games in the series, meanwhile many critics have largely praising both Birthright and Conquest along with Revelation also being noted in good reception. And honestly this could accurately also apply to Sword and Shield's reception as well.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I guess by some sheer coincedence, my roomate ended up getting Fire Emblem: Three Houses for Christmas, so I guess I won't be able to escape Fire Emblem no matter how hard I try.

Also, he plays Fem Byleth, so I guess I can call him out for being horny on main /s.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does anyone see that game's reception as a "Critics vs. Fans" sort-of thing? The FE community has highly regarded it as one of the worst games in the series, meanwhile many critics have largely praising both Birthright and Conquest along with Revelation also being noted in good reception.
It's good as a baby's first Fire Emblem, but I usually see all but Conquest bashed by hardcore fans of the series. I don't think critics compare map design or enemy design between other Fire Emblem games and they look at it as a standalone game. It's serviceable, but once you compare to some of the top tier games of the series (for official English releases I usually see Tellius used, I prefer Holy War and Thracia), it's lacking.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why is it that every time I finish watching a kid's cartoon I find myself having an existential crisis afterwards?

What am I doing with my life?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Apparently it's the Year of Sonic, guys. An announcement every month or something

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Game Launch (December 7th, 2018)
Appr. 2 Months until Piranha Plant Release (January 29th, 2019)
Appr. 3 Months until Joker Release (April 17th, 2019)
Appr. 3 Months until Hero Release (July 30th, 2019)
Appr. 1 Month until Banjo & Kazooie Release (September 4th, 2019)
Appr. 2 Months until Terry Release; Additional Fighters Revealed (September 6th, 2019)
Appr. 4 Months until Byleth Release (January 28th, 2020)

Judging by this pattern, it takes an average of 2 1/2 months to make a fighter, assuming they aren't working on multiple ones simultaneously. We have no actual proof Sakurai's team has gotten smaller (correct me if I'm wrong) and they are still ahead of their February release window; thus it can be assumed as Sakurai said "no break for me" and considering his known work ethic (God bless you, Mr. Sakurai) that they will continue to work. Six more fighters at the longest interval (four months) would equal December 2021, and seems just like a safe buffer zone. I'd be willing to bet by next summer we have everyone.

The earliest we can expect everyone assuming they work as fast as they did with Banjo is by the end of fall this year (8 months or so), the midpoint based on average is April-June next year.
I had a post on this also.
My guess was this:

Discussion. Meant to put that in the title.

Lets look at the DLC release schedule try to predict when we will see the next set of fighters.

Piranha Plant was announced on November 1st, 2018, and was released on January 29th, 2019.There were about 2 months between announcement and release.
Joker was announced on December 6th, 2018 and was released on April 17th, 2019. There was 4 months between announcement and release, and 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
The Hero was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on July 30th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was 3 months from the last fighter.
Banjo and Kazooie was announced on June 11th, 2019 and was released on September 4th. There was about 3 months between announcement and release, and it was 2 months since the last fighter.
Terry was announced on September 4th, 2019 and was released on November 6th, 2019. There was about 2 months between announcement and release and it was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.
Byleth was announced on January 16th, 2020 and will be released on January 28th, 2020. There is 2 weeks between announcement and release and there was about 2 months from the last DLC fighter.

Given this release schedule, and we know we have 2 years to to release everyone, there are a few things we can take from this.

1) They did not start on the DLC pass until after PP. The same is happening with Season Pass 2. I doubt they will start until after Byleth is released. If we look at it that way
2) the first character will probably be released around or at E3. They might announce the character before in a direct, to get people interested in the pass, but the character will probably be out sometime late spring/early summer.
3) looks to be about 3/4 months between each character.

I think we can assume this

Byleth - Janurary 2020
FP6 - May/June 2020
FP7 - September 2020
FP8 - Janurary 2021
FP9 - May 2021
FP10 - September 2021
FP11 - December 2021 (would be cool to have the final DLC character released on december 7th)

D

Deleted member

I’m am so bored right now. Because of the fact nothing is shipping today, I have to wait until tommorow before I can even get the cards I bought weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom