• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, what are the odds that the reveal of Fighter 5 will make everyone who watches or finds out about it later go very crazy and flip out of their seats like there is no tomorrow, anyway?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So err... a couple switch ports are leaking

this is the week, y'all, I can feel it.
meh...oink

No direct this time

BUT AT LEAST WE GOT SMASH BABY
View attachment 257239
0130B342-9A97-49A5-8813-C73A09A2EFA2.gif

Final Fantasy 7 got delayed by a month again lmao

Mystery Dungeon got them shook
FF7 feared Pikachu and Joker from Persona 5 R/S/Q2/D
How much do u all wanna bet Sabi or Vergeben ruin the surprise before Thursday?
I bet all the money in Trump’s bank account that they try to ruin it for people..they better ruin it so that I can become rich

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
For everyone's sake I hope this is the first time they're wrong regarding Smash newcomers.

I'm just curious who the first post-pass character will be. It's the only glimpse we can have as toward what's to come. Is it all third party again or maybe we can get a mix of third and first?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This gives me Terry flashbacks...

These presentations are usually over one character only. That could change (they usually don't announce characters either) but it's far from certain we're getting anything other than fighter 5
Yeah, I was going to say - wasn't Terry's presentation about that long? For all we know, Sakurai could spend the presentation delving into the history of the series, geeking out over stage cameos, or playing through the character's entire Classic Mode and/or Spirit Board.
This is true it’s not being billed as a true direct. They do say they’ll go in depth on fighter five but I don’t know. If there is another reveal they aren’t going to say so beforehand. There’s also the fact we’ve gon linger without news of this character then our past 3 who all were announced earlier and released earlier then expected.

Meaning this character either has a lot going on, or there was another fighter they working on to show off alongside them imo. Should be a good watch either way. I’d just be surprised if the first Sakurai’s video of the year doesn’t outline the future dlc roadmap a bit when we know nothing about and the first character after the pass is only a few months out most likely if we follow the release of the pass characters.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I feel oddly downcast about this, lol. Probably 'cause all the hyped up characters that are being talked about right now are not my thing at all.

Regardless, I hope people enjoy the presentation. I'm gonna watch it, but I have extremely low expectations for it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Consider that we may not see or hear any mention of anything beyond Fighter 5 because they're saving the small announcement for the Direct? It's not implausible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How much do u all wanna bet Sabi or Vergeben ruin the surprise before Thursday?
-thinking Sabi or verge actually know after that **** show during tga.

Honestly I doubt any of them know or have a source who will tell them. And even if they did verges source can’t really be listened too when they deconfirmed every possible character and then took back like half those deconfirmations.

Sabi just doesn’t know period. They only get Nintendo stuff right when piggybacking off of other claims by trustworthy leakers.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait..is there a smash presentation??
Yeah, it was just announced; it's happening on this Thursday at 6 AM PT/9 AM EST.

We don't know who the fighter is, but if other "Sakurai Presents" presentations are any indication, they might be out shortly afterwards. That was the case with Hero, Terry, and Banjo, who were released on the same day as their presentation, but we don't know who this fighter is going into it, so that might not be the case here.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Yeah, it was just announced; it's happening on this Thursday at 6 AM PT/9 AM EST.

We don't know who the fighter is, but if other "Sakurai Presents" presentations are any indication, they might be out shortly afterwards. That was the case with Hero, Terry, and Banjo.
Sweet. I may take a break from this site for a few days then to avoid any potential spoilers.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Fighter #5 is an obscure card game anime boi

This post was made by never-gonna-happen gang

D

Deleted member

I feel oddly downcast about this, lol. Probably 'cause all the hyped up characters that are being talked about right now are not my thing at all.

Regardless, I hope people enjoy the presentation. I'm gonna watch it, but I have extremely low expectations for it.
Same here lol. But then again all my most wanteds(outside of an uNDeRtAlE character besides Frisk) are anime bois, so what can I say except

"Sucks to be me, I guess!"
inb4 it actually happens because you jinxed it for us
Y E S

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m going to bet with absolute certainty that it is not a Capcom character.
I mean, there's DMC news specifically on the 16th.

Could be nothing, certainly hope it's nothing, but it very well could be something. Capcom is pushing that series hard right now and Smash is the mother of all marketing opportunities for reaching a new audience, which they're currently trying to do right now with the DMC Switch ports.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's mostly because I have a feeling it might be Dante and I don't want Dante, lol.
I’m going to bet with absolute certainty that it is not a Capcom character.
keep you unwantings of Dante quiet...cause now we getting him due to jinxing
Could be Sora
Sora would be neat
not if Disney has anything to say about it. Yeah he’d probably be cool, but also seems pointless to have without the Disney characters...like...I want my mother lovin’ Mickey Mouse to be in the same game as Mario

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
keep you unwantings of Dante quiet...cause now we getting him due to jinxing

not if Disney has anything to say about it. Yeah he’d probably be cool, but also seems pointless to have without the Disney characters...like...I want my mother lovin’ Mickey Mouse to be in the same game as Mario
Oh. You misinterpret. I WANT Dante. He’s on my top 10 list. I just don’t think he’s happening.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's mostly because I have a feeling it might be Dante and I don't want Dante, lol.
Dante love pizza.

How could you not like a man who love pizza?

This ain't it, chief.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The last person who leaked a DLC character was Nintendo themselves, and Bob the unpaid intern probably got fired for that mistake.

So I can see us going in blind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I prefer lawyer man.

Pizza man kills the lawyer man if he gets in, ergo, I would prefer pizza man not get in in favor of lawyer man.

I would also like to see doggo:

I do not like doggo. I want cat more:
Garcat_(Anime-NC).png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I prefer lawyer man.

Pizza man kills the lawyer man if he gets in, ergo, I would prefer pizza man not get in in favor of lawyer man.

I would also like to see doggo:

...but what if both pizza man & lawyer man make it in?
dante science.png
sun doggo would just be a Duck Hunt Echo.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Don't let a Smash presentation announcement distract you from the fact that a new R3make trailer dropped and it's awesome.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I still don't like pizza man, but if he brings lawyer man with him, I will allow it.
You may not like pizza man, but pizza man care for all of us & lawyer man, dude's a bro...

So long as you don't threaten innoncent that is, if you do, then you're on his "pineapple pizza" list, and that:
that's no good.gif

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai: we’d like to include Sora in our fighter pass
Disney:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9HewBSxl8
No but for real I read somewhere in an interviewDisney’s okay with it
Sora would be a great start to pass #2. Just imagine it. Geno revealed as an in between like Piranha Plant and then Sora starts off Pass 2. They’ed even work together as a great simultaneous reveal.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't let a Smash presentation announcement distract you from the fact that a new R3make trailer dropped and it's awesome.
After Nero, the legendary Deadweight, we have Jill, members of Unreliable.

What a duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom