• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh boy.

The 5'555 years of wait are finally coming to a end, Thursday (or maybe Friday for me) is going be a interesting day for sure!

D

Deleted member

If you don't see a problem with literally replacing everyone of a specific sex solely because of their sex, then I don't know what to say, it's inherently a sexist idea regardless of who is being replaced.
*Sigh* here we go again...

I don’t see a problem with replacing everyone of a specific sex because I DON’T CARE WHAT SEX A CHARACTER IS, nor some lousy “Gender representation quota”

Male,Female, trans, etc, doesn’t matter to me. What does matter to me, however, is how they play and feel. I begrudgely kinda like Terry now just on the basis of his playstyle, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Oh peck that was unexpected. I heard about it from seeing the stream in my YT recommended tab of all things. Startled me a bit, and I had to double check it was real.

RIP January Direct, though, lol. Would've preferred that, honestly: Getting just Smash news by itself for only one fighter is a bit of a let down.
To be fair, we don't know that it's only Fighter 5, it just says "featuring a look at a new fighter." It could even tease the next character after that.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I only wanted a Direct in January for the Smash reveal anyways. So yeah, I'm guessing this is their way of saying "Not just yet, but it's coming"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got volunteering that morning, but it's easy enough to reschedule it to Friday. I'd prefer to see it live, since the videos on the side bar would possibly give away who the fighter is if I watched it after the fact.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
*Sigh* here we go again...

I don’t see a problem with replacing everyone of a specific sex because I DON’T CARE WHAT SEX A CHARACTER IS, nor some lousy “Gender representation quota”

Male,Female, trans, etc, doesn’t matter to me. What does matter to me, however, is how they play and feel. I begrudgely kinda like Terry now just on the basis of his playstyle, for example.
There is a pretty big difference between gender quotas and culling characters.

D

Deleted member

There is a pretty big difference between gender quotas and culling characters.
That's not my point.

Like I said earlier, I would take offense to changing characters genders just for the sake of changing their gender, and I would be confused in the theoretical event of all female characters being removed, but in the end It wouldn't really bother me that much.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Last post on previous page*
0b8.gif

God damn it.

Even when I'm hype, the curse continue.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So right when we say we need to see the 5th fighter now then this happens...

But now. No matter who gets revealed for 5th DLC fighter, it's been an incredible journey of figuring out the mysterious fighter.

Maybe the fighter was a lonesome wolf, maybe it was a cheerful guy... or most importantly...

Maybe the true 5th fighter really was actually all the friend we've made on our way.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Smash ult presentations have given us only more than 1 character reveal before so theres a good chance of early post pass reveal

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh ****.

DMC Twitter said a date they had in mind was the 16th...

We really about to get the Hideki Kamiya duo?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
That's not my point.

Like I said earlier, I would take offense to changing characters genders just for the sake of changing their gender, and I would be confused in the theoretical event of all female characters being removed, but in the end It wouldn't really bother me that much.
Changing their gender for no reason and replacing them with a character of the opposite gender for no reason are the same thing as far as this whole hypothetical thing is concerned.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Oh ****.

DMC Twitter said a date they had in mind was the 16th...

We really about to get the Hideki Kamiya duo?
If it's Dante I'm going to be surprised. Honestly I don't think it means anything but we'll see. Someone claimed to have seen Monolith Soft retweeting the announcement but I've seen nothing so far.

D

Deleted member

Me, literally not caring who Fighter #5 is but just wanting the Fighters pass to be finished
download (5).jpeg

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
What if it's just Hayabusa.

after all these months of crazy speculation, we end up with the guy who we all thought was in to begin with.
Or even better, what if it's KOS-MOS? After all the talk of being a "Literal Who" and not being a character that's "appealing" to the general audience of the Game Awards.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh hey, the trailer will be on thursday for me, and on a good time too!

It's a early birthday gift for me! :D

Man, the wait is going to suck

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also 35 minutes? I’d be shocked if we see the 5th fighter release, but we absolutely are the first post pass DLC character and probably learn how post pass dlc will work

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Also 35 minutes? I’d be shocked if we see the 5th fighter release, but we absolutely are the first post pass DLC character and probably learn how post pass dlc will work
This gives me Terry flashbacks...

These presentations are usually over one character only. That could change (they usually don't announce characters either) but it's far from certain we're getting anything other than fighter 5

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This gives me Terry flashbacks...

These presentations are usually over one character only. That could change (they usually don't announce characters either) but it's far from certain we're getting anything other than fighter 5
Yeah, I was going to say - wasn't Terry's presentation about that long? For all we know, Sakurai could spend the presentation delving into the history of the series, geeking out over stage cameos, or playing through the character's entire Classic Mode and/or Spirit Board.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Betting on Doomguy. Let's do this.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yeah the 35 minutes thing is interesting - it's quite long, suggesting it's either a series Sakurai is quite passionate about a la Fatal Fury, hence a lot of time spent sweating the small details, or we might be getting more than fighter 5

Or maybe they're more complex than usual and need a lot of time explaining - wouldn't be surprising as only Banjo so far of the DLC has had a more standard moveset

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Eh. There's also a ton of "rumors" surrounding Dante.

Granted it could just be bait but I suppose we'll see.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom