• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Friend: "Okay so I don't want to look like an idiot, but why does everyone in Pokemon have the number 69?"
Me: *does an explain*
Friend: "That's ****ing lewd you ****."

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh no another mouse cursor barely anyone noticed before we had to draw big colourful circles around them.

People ****ing suck lmaooooo
As much as I hate these journalists using such petty controversy for ad revenue, can't say I blame them. Respect the hustle.

Also, I'm surprised that they didn't capitalize SwSh's removal of random encounters.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Just got finished a full-on workload of a test in my online schoolwork, glad that’s done with.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I just don't have the energy to respond to some of these Pokemon hatebase people anymore.

I'm just not giving their nonsense any attention. Best thing you can do is starve them of the attention they're so desperately trying to get by acting out immaturely. Like the game, hate the game, do whatever you want, I know how I feel about it and I don't care nor want to argue about it anymore.

D

Deleted member

The Nintendo World Trailer honestly failed at letting me know how the park works.

Unless entering the park does literally turn me into the living Super Mario as the trailer shows, I doubt it seriously managed to showcase how the rides actually work.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Friend: "Okay so I don't want to look like an idiot, but why does everyone in Pokemon have the number 69?"
Me: *does an explain*
Friend: "That's ****ing lewd you ****."
It's obviously because the number appears the same upside down.

Nifty.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I hate these journalists using such petty controversy for ad revenue, can't say I blame them. Respect the hustle.

Also, I'm surprised that they didn't capitalize SwSh's removal of random encounters.
Tbh, even the most hardcore players liked that.

Esp since they're not really 'gone gone'.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm getting sick of the Pokemkn fandom, they're just looking for reasons to get mad for the sake of being mad, and these journalist sites are milking it for that sweet ad revenueView attachment 257200
This shouldn't even be news. But they gotta get the fanbase riled up for the money, and sure enough, it worked.

Can Gen 9 come any sooner?
To be honest, looking at the reactions to the article, I think more are mad at the clickbait than anything. Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen any major Pokemon accounts I follow complaining about the mouse as compared to the article.

Fanbases suck, Masuda had to openly tell people not to harass him on his Birthday, but I wouldn't pin this particular thing on the fanbase at least as far as I can tell. I did see like one tweet circulate about someone being upset about the DLC, but not this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash Fandom vs Pokémon Fandom vs Wrestling Fans...only one is the best of the bunch

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Calling it

Direct announcement today, airs Thursday

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Calling it

Direct announcement today, airs Thursday
I do think with the early announcement of the Smash Spirit event we're going to get some announcement today (or tomorrow, depending on time zone). Otherwise there would be no point.

So either a Direct announcement with a Smash tweet saying "hey, watch that" or a "Smash Special Presentation" announced at the usual Smash announcement time.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They all suck honestly.

^^Couple swear words, but nothing really sailor mouth/NSFW.

TLDR: It's basically become easier for vocal minorities (people who think they own the thing they consume) to seem bigger than they are due to migrations from smaller pockets of the internet and that creators are also easier to get in contact/communicate with. Lack of moderation of large sites also make it harder too put the ban hammer down on troublemakers/it's easier to get away with things on social media vs. forums due to increased anonymity

Just be the Kirby fanbase.

We're chill.
Wouldn't say that completely, there have been problematic Kirby fans, but the fanbase is better than most.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think my poor vision might not let me see with clarity what's the change, so I apologize, my friend. Could you point it out, for me?
All the changes are in the head of the tail.

Also, no problem pal, and good morning too. :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just be the Kirby fanbase.

We're chill.
woah...that is not human

^^Couple swear words, but nothing really sailor mouth/NSFW.

TLDR: It's basically become easier for vocal minorities (people who think they own the thing they consume) to seem bigger than they are due to migrations from smaller pockets of the internet and that creators are also easier to get in contact/communicate with. Lack of moderation of large sites also make it harder too put the ban hammer down on troublemakers/it's easier to get away with things on social media vs. forums due to increased anonymity

Wouldn't say that completely, there have been problematic Kirby fans, but the fanbase is better than most.
good stuff
They all suck honestly.
...you’re not wrong

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be honest, looking at the reactions to the article, I think more are mad at the clickbait than anything. Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen any major Pokemon accounts I follow complaining about the mouse as compared to the article.

Fanbases suck, Masuda had to openly tell people not to harass him on his Birthday, but I wouldn't pin this particular thing on the fanbase at least as far as I can tell. I did see like one tweet circulate about someone being upset about the DLC, but not this.
Complaining about the clickbait is still publicity for their article. More clicks = more money.

In a way, kinda makes me and my post hypocritical...

But it is sad that we're at the point where pretty much anything sets off the fanbase in one way or another, and everyone's taking advantage of it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do think with the early announcement of the Smash Spirit event we're going to get some announcement today (or tomorrow, depending on time zone). Otherwise there would be no point.

So either a Direct announcement with a Smash tweet saying "hey, watch that" or a "Smash Special Presentation" announced at the usual Smash announcement time.
What?
So your trying to say the spirit event means no general direct announcement?

The spirit event means absolutely nothing and wouldn’t be in a direct to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom