• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
If I was good at Photoshop, this is where I'd put my:

"Don't go to Smashboards while Snake is on, worst decision of my life" Peter meme.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I've had my laugh for the day.

Time to start watching.........Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
I'm gonna be depressed after watching this! ****.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hero's weird to play. Banjo Kazooie's kind of neat, but I gotta get used to them. Terry's the GOAT DLC so far.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I mean I don’t know if it’s fair for me to say but I kinda find it hard to pick an obvious second series for Namco to add in compared to Street Fighter, Castlevania or even Dragon Quest from their respective companies. We got Tales, Tekken, Soul, etc., Hell I’d say even Dig Dug has a shot.
I'm more upset that we don't have a second Namco rep in general :L

Putting that aside…

Honestly, I think as weird as it is, Astral Chain's inclusion as spirits effectively killed off any and all chances for more Nintendo reps in the future. We're all 3rd-party from here on out! Now why would I think this oddly specific Spirits Event killmurder any chances of 1st-party characters becoming playable?

Well aside from "Spirit Promotions" being a minute possibility beyond the Fighter's Pass, the fact we get Spirits of characters who wound up becoming fairly popular choices for newcomers suggests that there are no intentions of rebounding from these add-ons and doing something with them later.

They feel kind of one-and-done. Yeah sure, we had non-Nintendo examples already like Resident Evil and Tetris, but Astral Chain is hot and new. Who's to say the same won't happen to Fire Emblem: Three Houses (i.e. a game that's new in one way, and old in another)?

Now call me a broken record if you will, but I would keep my expectations low for any future Fighter Promotions via Assist Trophy or Sticker or Mii Costume. The sticker events do not help quell this fear some people rightfully have about their most-wanteds being killed. Take it from someone who's too disappointed to invest in speculation anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Putting that aside…

Honestly, I think as weird as it is, Astral Chain's inclusion as spirits effectively killed off any and all chances for more Nintendo reps in the future. We're all 3rd-party from here on out! Now why would I think this oddly specific Spirits Event killmurder any chances of 1st-party characters becoming playable?

Well aside from "Spirit Promotions" being a minute possibility beyond the Fighter's Pass, the fact we get Spirits of characters who wound up becoming fairly popular choices for newcomers suggests that there are no intentions of rebounding from these add-ons and doing something with them later.

They feel kind of one-and-done. Yeah sure, we had non-Nintendo examples already like Resident Evil and Tetris, but Astral Chain is hot and new. Who's to say the same won't happen to Fire Emblem: Three Houses (i.e. a game that's new in one way, and old in another)?

Now call me a broken record if you will, but I would keep my expectations low for any future Fighter Promotions via Assist Trophy or Sticker or Mii Costume. The sticker events do not help quell this fear some people rightfully have about their most-wanteds being killed. Take it from someone who's too disappointed to invest in speculation anymore.
please no...Ferdinand Von Aegir getting in Smash is all I have left in this world

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Putting that aside…

Put my boy Jin Kazama in Smash. Coolest Hoodie in the game. Coolest gloves in the game. Coolest Gi Pants in the game. Tattoo game is on point. Outside of Tekken and Soul Calibur, there's not a ton in Namco's line-up I personally care for.

Though I've got no issues with Llyod or KOS-MOS or whoever else, I can't say I'd pop-off either.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Put my boy Jin Kazama in Smash. Coolest Hoodie in the game. Coolest gloves in the game. Coolest Gi Pants in the game. Tattoo game is on point. Outside of Tekken and Soul Calibur, there's not a ton in Namco's line-up I personally care for.

Though I've got no issues with Llyod or KOS-MOS or whoever else, I can't say I'd pop-off either.
Call me Eric Andre, and the electric Fence Namco-Bandai, and the real estate beyond it Sakurai's Smash Bros. Mansion.
let_me_in_template.png

"Let a Namco character in!!! LET A NAMCO CHARACTER IIIN!!!!"

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Also about the spirits..
I think maybe the base game spirits may have a shot at being upgraded but not the dlc.
Like how mewtwo was a trophy upgrade in smash 4 but inkling got a trophy as free dlc and didn't get in.
Still holding hope for Geno, Rayman, Bandana Dee, Dixie etc.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

Well.. This just got announced. Either we're getting Byleth or even more Third-Parties for the future (and the possibility of playable indie characters), only time will tell.

On the other hand, I am interested in what the new Spirit Battles will be like using characters from Astral Chain.​
Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Seriously though, this kinda sucks. They would've been fun to play

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Astral Chain getting spirits now and not with release means that 3 houses could still technically get spirits whenever they feel like it. Although if any new release is getting a promotional pick it would probably be 3 houses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is a pretty sick trailer and that remix is really good:
the Mario movie just lost their budget thanks to this
I can only imagine how much development time they would’ve taken.
probably not much time with how fast these characters are being made and then revealed and then sold...besides Lappy would’ve been the rep

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Toadette lives with Peach now, I guess.

Also, why are all of the Beastars clips on YouTube so out of context? This **** makes it look like a furry hentai

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm getting sick of the Pokemkn fandom, they're just looking for reasons to get mad for the sake of being mad, and these journalist sites are milking it for that sweet ad revenue
Screenshot_20200113-213525_Twitter.jpg

This shouldn't even be news. But they gotta get the fanbase riled up for the money, and sure enough, it worked.

Can Gen 9 come any sooner?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm getting sick of the Pokemkn fandom, they're just looking for reasons to get mad for the sake of being mad, and these journalist sites are milking it for that sweet ad revenueView attachment 257200
This shouldn't even be news. But they gotta get the fanbase riled up for the money, and sure enough, it worked.

Can Gen 9 come any sooner?
Oh no another mouse cursor barely anyone noticed before we had to draw big colourful circles around them.

People ****ing suck lmaooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom