• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mii costume leaker strikes back against Nintendo’s comment and posts footage of geno and doomslayer.

how much would the internet explode?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
...Yeah, I still don't buy it that Terry is the only character we're getting.

If my gut told me to expect Terry news this week, I'll trust it enough to expect a tease of some sort.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If it's 45 minutes of Terry action, there's bound to be new content revealed.

people really be thinking costume = fighter confirm

am i insane for being the only sane one here :072:
I would normally agree but the way the leaker set things up, they heavily imply that both characters are playable imo

D

Deleted member

Mii costume leaker strikes back against Nintendo’s comment and posts footage of geno and doomslayer.

how much would the internet explode?
Larger than an atomic bomb. With me caught in the middle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I would normally agree but the way the leaker set things up, they heavily imply that both characters are playable imo
Then why not just say it in the textpost? :mybodyisreggie: I'm not saying it's impossible, but it shouldn't be a hard conclusion. Oh well, your disappointment, not mine.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I will admit that I am a tad bit curious about the arcade stick that Sakurai is holding in the thumbnail.

D

Deleted member

I will admit that I am a tad bit curious about the arcade stick that Sakurai is holding in the thumbnail.
He's gonna spend the stream talking about his SNK experience like a flashback episode. And sometimes, said flashback episode is extremely filler as ****. Though the sheer length of the video leaves me with curiosity, I must say.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He's holding a Switch pro controller.

The arcade stick in front of him is the controller for the Neo Geo console.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
He's holding a Switch pro controller.

The arcade stick in front of him is the controller for the Neo Geo console.
Oh, okay.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll release a similar model that's compatible with Smash Bros, though. Would be pretty badass to play as Terry and the shotos while using an arcade stick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, okay.

I'm still holding out hope that it's compatible with Smash Bros, though. Would be pretty badass to play as Terry and the shotos while using an arcade stick.
Heh, Terry has an abundance of inputs for everything: Hadoken motion for power wave, charging down and up for Rising Tackle (if you play SF2 that's Guile Flash Kick or Chun Li Spinning Bird Kick), Shoryu Kick (Power Dunk), Tatsu Punch for Burn Knuckle, Tatsu Kick for Crack Shoot, and more!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
First off, can I just say how hilarious it is that this video presentation played out exactly like the Grinch leak in the sense that everyone assumed we'd get a lot of fighters due to the length of the presentation. That's really great.

Second, I think this is actually bad news for Geno and Doom Guy. If there are no character announcements, then prepare yourself for the possibility of the Geno costume returning.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
By bet is (assuming the mii costume leak is true) is that we will get Doom boi as the last third party DLC to complete the first Fighter Pass and Geno will start the second one, which could be this time only for new characters of already existing franchise in the game. In that way they wouldn't have the issue to fit 5 more stages in the Stage select screen (that will be complete after the full FP1)

D

Deleted member

First off, can I just say how hilarious it is that this video presentation played out exactly like the Grinch leak in the sense that everyone assumed we'd get a lot of fighters due to the length of the presentation. That's really great.

Second, I think this is actually bad news for Geno and Doom Guy. If there are no character announcements, then prepare yourself for the possibility of the Geno costume returning.
I never knew how long was the Grinch Leak Direct, but clearly it's something worth noting.

If that is anything to come by, I think everyone should just hype responsibly.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't believe people really are jumping on the "OH MY GOD GUYS IT'S REAL" train in the same cycle that we had Grinch Leak.

Is history always doomed to repeat itself?

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe people really are jumping on the "OH MY GOD GUYS IT'S REAL" train in the same cycle that we had Grinch Leak.

Grinch didn't have a video though, and I've heard Mii Costume modding in Ultimate was online possible for recolors atm, again we never know :)

Shroob

Sup?
Grinch didn't have a video though, and I've heard Mii Costume modding in Ultimate was online possible for recolors atm, again we never know :)
People have been able to mod in stuff.

It's impressive yes, but don't jump to conclusions is all I'm saying.

People can and WILL do crazy **** to troll this fanbase.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
O no, it seems that I have been S C R O M B L E ' D

I will beginn to see simptoms of scrombling in approximately 97dqwnzlk2\\=chr.eggseconds.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Guys help, I can't contain it, i.... I cant

RIP

And

Tear

RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! YOU ARE HUGE, THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!
The dichotomy of Shroob.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's 'fine' to have some optimism of "MAYBE THERE IS A SURPRISE!"

But keep your expectations in check.

This isn't E3 where even though they said "Character", it was a "Yeah no **** there's more than 1" moment.

This is just a random presentation to show off a single DLC character, and they're telling us ahead of time that "No beans."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think it's 'fine' to have some optimism of "MAYBE THERE IS A SURPRISE!"

But keep your expectations in check.

This isn't E3 where even though they said "Character", it was a "Yeah no **** there's more than 1" moment.

This is just a random presentation to show off a single DLC character, and they're telling us ahead of time that "No beans."
There were people still waiting for more DLC characters in Smash 4 after the final presentation that ****ing had final in its name.

Shroob

Sup?
The dichotomy of Shroob.
I'm autistic lol

When people start getting excited, I get caught up in the hype.

But truth be told on the leak itself, I'm 49/51 in terms of real to fake ratio. I lean moreso to fake, but if it's real, it also wouldn't surprise me.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually hyped about new game features, a brand new mode is not likely, but remember the official website said that HomeRun contest would have Online competition in the future (nobody talks about it though)

Capture d’écran 2019-11-05 à 10.28.40.png

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So

Who's excited to play musical chairs with Sabi tomorrow probably since you know she's gonna claim to have info.

Not I.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is there something about Terry from SNK that lends itself to 40 minutes of explaining how he plays? If he had an input mechanic like Ryu and Ken I doubt even that would take that long.

His stage didn't look too intensive.

Mii costumes that come with usually don't hog up much time.

It's odd that they'd say 40 plus minutes and then say ''NO NEW FIGHTERS K THNX BYE."

But I'm also not getting hyped up and let down either.

Shroob

Sup?
Is there something about Terry from SNK that lends itself to 40 minutes of explaining how he plays? If he had an input mechanic like Ryu and Ken I doubt even that would take that long.

His stage didn't look too intensive.

Mii costumes that come with usually don't hog up much time.

It's odd that they'd say 40 plus minutes and then say ''NO NEW FIGHTERS K THNX BYE."

But I'm also not getting hyped up and let down either.
According to some people here, Sakurai explained it by saying he "Went off script a lot"

It's hella sus, but at the same time, I really kinda believe 'em.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
According to some people here, Sakurai explained it by saying he "Went off script a lot"

It's hella sus, but at the same time, I really kinda believe 'em.
We thought he really liked DQ.

Guess he really, REALLY likes SNK.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Half the presentation is going to be Sakurai going online and wrecking scrubs on quickplay.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, this isn't E3 where it's painfully obvious they're not just bringing a single Fighter, ESPECIALLY when we have both Brave and Banjo co-existing at the same time.

This is kinda just "Hey, I'm gonna gush about Terry a lot. Come by and see his ****."

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash fans, when Sakurai indeed doesn't reveal any new fighters tomorrow:

1572948527821.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom