• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
THIS NEW ANIMAL CROSSING JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
Funny thing is somebody went and move right where a good tree was. More importantly, why can't they move over a bad rock placement instead? D:

I love this. Such an update. Mind you, New Leaf's updates were amazing enough as is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
THIS NEW ANIMAL CROSSING JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
This is such a good change. A lot of people are going to have fun designing their town exactly how they want it between this and the ability to put furniture outside

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Hey I'm in St. Louis right now.

I'm not a hockey fan in the least but hey, the people here seem really ****ing happy.
Its been a long time coming so if the city's burned down tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised but it would be worth it
Because the blues for the first time just won a Stanley cup sorry I'm repating myself probably but this makes me so happy have fun buddy I'm somewhere partying in st Louis too so ya know
Edit: also tonight I'm probably useless for videogame talk because I'm so ecstatic so sorry
PLAY GLORIA

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Nope. Still doesn’t seem real that Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash.

Also, that Stanley Cup game was amazing. I love a good trouncing, especially when it’s against Boston. **** the Bruins, yo.

Congrats to the Blues, from a Sabres fan.

I miss Ryan O’Reilly.
Hello fellow Sabres fan. Banjo one day, a Boston sports team losing the next. A good run here.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I just killed a mosquito while doing the default dance

Also on a completely unrelated note, nothing makes me as absolutely livid as car horn sounds in radio commercials while i'm driving. Why would they even do that, just to deliberately distract me? It's not like I even remember what they were advertising, because I was too busy restraining my from punching the radio before changing the station.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Its been a long time coming so if the city's burned down tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised but it would be worth it
Because the blues for the first time just won a Stanley cup sorry I'm repating myself probably but this makes me so happy have fun buddy I'm somewhere partying in st Louis too so ya know
Edit: also tonight I'm probably useless for videogame talk because I'm so ecstatic so sorry
PLAY GLORIA
No dude I get it. I totally get it.

At least the Blue Jackets (I'm from Columbus) finally got a playoff series win for the first time ever in one of the greatest upsets in history. That was awesome.

Nope. Still doesn’t seem real that Banjo-Kazooie is in Smash.

Also, that Stanley Cup game was amazing. I love a good trouncing, especially when it’s against Boston. **** the Bruins, yo.

Congrats to the Blues, from a Sabres fan.

I miss Ryan O’Reilly.
**** Boston in general.

They don't get to have the Super Bowl, the World Series AND the Stanley Cup in the same year.

Thank God the Celtics horribly underperformed. They were stacked and could've made it a championship in every sport.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Shaya Shaya You and me both have the same sort of fervor for Banjo, but I definitely freaked out and cried 7-8 different times on the day of his reveal, and once this morning. I think it's finally settled into my system now, all the tears are out. He's finally here. I'm actually SHOCKED that anyone would be upset that ANY character got in the game at this point. We have so many characters, at this point I think it's fair game for anyone! Be happy for those around you if you can't be that for yourself, at least. It makes it a better time for all involved.

You know, NA video game enthusiasts need to diversify the games they play. One of my childhood games was Dragon Quest IV and more people need to experience that game, or the Dragon Quest series in general. Dragon Quest III onward are all nothing but excellent games well worth your time onward (II is a pain though!).
I feel like I have to warn the people that Dragon Quest 3 is a game that absolutely kicks you in the groin! It's very difficult. If there was a starting point I'd recommend, I'd say DQ5! That game also happened to inspire Pokemon, in part, due to its monster recruitment system and monsters following you on the map = D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When your local hockey team are eternal never evers

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve could fit companion theory.

Put a wolf/randomly-chosen animal in his taunt and make Alex take up half his alt. costumes (or also make two of them Herobrine).

Steve could also be friends with Banjo and Kazooie, except Kazooie mocks him.

D

Deleted member

Steve could fit companion theory.

Put a wolf/randomly-chosen animal in his taunt and make Alex take up half his alt. costumes (or also make two of them Herobrine).

Steve could also be friends with Banjo and Kazooie, except Kazooie mocks him.
I wonder if Steveposting would revive if that happened.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Companion theory is pretty flimsy imo, especially because the only character in the fighter pass so far to have a companion that really has any significance to their gameplay is Banjo. I feel like it's a coincidence at best, and the more likely explanation is simply that we see these "companions" more because Sakurai wants to include as much of a franchise in a fighter pack as possible to give it the most value for a fan of said franchise. Even if the next two fighters had "companions" show up, I doubt their inclusion had to do with them having said companions in the first place, and rather that the companions were added as an afterthought. We could get Scorpion, with him having a taunt where he cracks a cold one with Sub-Zero, and I wouldn't be convinced of this theory still.

D

Deleted member

Companion theory is pretty flimsy imo, especially because the only character in the fighter pass so far to have a companion that really has any significance to their gameplay is Banjo. I feel like it's a coincidence at best, and the more likely explanation is simply that we see these "companions" more because Sakurai wants to include as much of a franchise in a fighter pack as possible to give it the most value for a fan of said franchise. Even if the next two fighters had "companions" show up, I doubt their inclusion had to do with them having said companions in the first place, and rather that the companions were added as an afterthought. We could get Scorpion, with him having a taunt where he cracks a cold one with Sub-Zero, and I wouldn't be convinced of this theory still.
Pretty much, plus you have to consider that the mural had already Mr Saturn on it. And in the case of the Hero and Joker it just makes sense to add Slime and Morgana due to being pretty much the mascot of the games they belong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not a Mortal Kombat fan but I'm pretty sure the only cold one Scorpion would want to crack is Sub Zero's skull

D

Deleted member

I'm not a Mortal Kombat fan but I'm pretty sure the only cold one Scorpion would want to crack is Sub Zero's skull
Nah they're on good terms now
That's not a joke, they've canonically become allies as of MKX.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Masuda said they’re currently undecided on whether or not they’ll patch the rest of the Pokémon in at a later date

So there’s like, a sliver of a chance this’ll turn out okay

He also said Sword & Shield will pass 1,000 Pokémon so that’s cool

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Companion theory:

Phoenix, maya, Apollo, and Athena. Bam it’s just like hero
:p

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

"HIGH QUALITY ANIMATION" - Junichi Masuda at E3 (Man who works at Multi Million Dollar Company that cant animate a bird flapping its wings)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Masuda said they’re currently undecided on whether or not they’ll patch the rest of the Pokémon in at a later date

> Pass 1,000

> There's currently around 809 Pokemon.

Hot dang, that's a lotta Pokemanz.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Hold up source on that last part?

We have 809 Pokémon now.

That would be at least 191 Pokémon, aka the biggest amount to date.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

*remembers how they refused to patch in the ORAS Megastones and stuff in XY but rather chose to make it impossible for ORAS content to get into XY multiplayer*
This man straight up lying to us

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did Wingull ever flap their wings? I just remember them staying in a permanent glide, though maybe there were a few cutscenes or something outside of battles where they would flap their wings...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did Wingull ever flap their wings? I just remember them staying in a permanent glide, though maybe there were a few cutscenes or something outside of battles where they would flap their wings...
I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be perpetually gliding.

Other bird Pokémon flap their wings just fine, I think it’s more to do with Wingull’s personality.

Shroob

Sup?
Nah, Wingulls never actually flapped their wings.

It's just.... it's not even an animation, it's literally sliding around lol

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
WAIT they removed Megas from Sword and Shield???

RIP Mega Mawile, Beedrill, Banette...
Heckrealm they removed most of the pokemon from SwoShi

Butbutbutbutbut

Lora and Jin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom