• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So anyone remember those suspicious Tales of trademarks?

https://tales-antenna.com/news/25th-logo/

Yup, all for nothing.

Tagging Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones since we discussed these before.

IIRC, this is also a HUGE blow to Fatman since he was using these as evidence for Lloyd, don't quote me on this one.
I never thought much of these. It’s nice art, but it was always silly to think Nintendo would let this get out if for a smash character with how tight lipped they got after terry

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I never thought much of these. It’s nice art, but it was always silly to think Nintendo would let this get out if for a smash character with how tight lipped they got after terry
Eh, define tight lipped.

Even Verg dumped every Mii costume before the Direct.

According to him, someone messaged him right before the Direct aired and told him everything it'd have, and the evidence is him saying every Mii outfit before it aired.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I think Alpharad made a very good point when he said that Fire Emblem is a character focused series so it has a lot of fighters, Mario is a platformer so it has a lot of stages and Zelda is an item game so it has a lot of items.
Regardless I also think that Nintendo and Sakurai have a full right to represent it more. Sure it's not a big hit, but it's a lovingly crafted long series that tried to invent. They have great ambiguous stories with way more depth than anything else Nintendo has made, they basically invented their own genre and they have so many great characters. I'm sure the people making Smash want players to give the franchise a chance.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So anyone remember those suspicious Tales of trademarks?

https://tales-antenna.com/news/25th-logo/

Yup, all for nothing.

Tagging Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones since we discussed these before.

IIRC, this is also a HUGE blow to Fatman since he was using these as evidence for Lloyd, don't quote me on this one.
Shocking.

I don't care about Tales but I still think a character from the series has a pretty decent chance at making it if Lloyd's Mii costume doesn't return.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is what, 3rd time in a couple months? 4th?

Something tells me they're a bad buncha eggs.
What? The Geno thread with their crazy conspiracies, immense hatred of anyone saying "If you've gotten a death threat maybe don't post your personal info in the open" and cultlike worship of some random dude claiming to have inside info are a bunch of bad eggs? No...

Shroob

Sup?
What? The Geno thread with their crazy conspiracies, immense hatred of anyone saying "If you've gotten a death threat maybe don't post your personal info in the open" and cultlike worship of some random dude claiming to have inside info are a bunch of bad eggs? No...
It ain't fair to not want a character due to a small, vocal fanbase.

But man, they make it hard not to.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nothing says "fun" like getting into weirdly heated arguments over which characters will or "should" be included in a party game roster.

Smash Bros speculation was a mistake.

Shroob

Sup?
Nothing says "fun" like getting into weirdly heated arguments over which characters will or "should" be included in a party game roster.

*Smash Bros speculation, and worshiping people who say 'character in', was a mistake.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
b-b-but Fatman is a good man who wouldn't dare steer Geno fans the wrong way!

osby

Smash Obsessed
......Ya know, I never really looked into that thread.

So that's what a cult looks like, huh
Nah, they are completely normal.

It's just anyone who dares to imply Fatman's theories might be wrong or Geno isn't likely is a troll who hates happiness and mods should permaban them immediately.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

nothing gets me ****-rendingly furious like the mario pikachu punchy game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's just anyone who dares to imply Fatman's theories might be wrong or Geno isn't likely is a troll who hates happiness and mods should permaban them immediately.
Now now, that's not true, they also think anyone who dares to say "Don't post your personal info when you got death threats in the past, whatever you get from doing it, it's not worth putting you or your family in danger" must have been the source of the death threats

Shroob

Sup?

****ing going over there and dead-ass seeing people calling out the mods "Trying to silence him via cancel culture"

Like, at this point, we've gone BEYOND fanboys and have legit, psychological issues.

osby

Smash Obsessed
****ing going over there and dead-ass seeing people calling out the mods "Trying to silence him via cancel culture"

Like, at this point, we've gone BEYOND fanboys and have legit, psychological issues.
I'm still recovering from "Geno fans need their own social thread unrelated to Geno"

Yeah, a lot of people act ****ty towards Geno and his fans but... this is Smash fandom, people act ****ty towards every character and it's not like that particular thread wasn't vitriolic towards more than a few characters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Like, don't get me wrong.

Even I was guilty of harping on about Vergeben back during pre-release... but that was also because, surprise, Vergeben legit had good information at the time.

Fatman has literally nothing aside from "I was in Sabi's little group"... that's it. And his ****ing Lloyd evidence just got destroyed... but oh, he says "Geno in" so that must mean he's legit, right? RIGHT?/s

osby

Smash Obsessed
Year 2023. Fighter Pass Vol. 3 and there for DLC support for the game is officially over. We now have 100 characters in Smash. Fans from all over the world are universally praising Sakurai for this incredible achivement. Ultimate goes down in history. People actually stop complaining about Fire Emblem for a whole single day.

And we still don't have stock icons for Hero alts.

D

Deleted member

......Ya know, I never really looked into that thread.

So that's what a cult looks like, huh
If Geno doesn't get added by the end of Ultimate's lifespan, I fear that his supporters will pull a Die Hard on Nintendo HQ.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Year 2023. Fighter Pass Vol. 3 and there for DLC support for the game is officially over. We now have 100 characters in Smash. Fans from all over the world are universally praising Sakurai for this incredible achivement. Ultimate goes down in history. People actually stop complaining about Fire Emblem for a whole single day.

And we still don't have stock icons for Hero alts.
Then a direct is announced and 20 Fire Emblem characters are added on the same day.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I think you're talking bull and milking those puns for all they're worth. I butter call the mods.
Go ahead and cower beneath me. For I am the bovine of the white liquid and you cannot wheater my storms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom