• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine if they decided instead of a SwSh mon, they put in Grovyle to promote the Mystery Dungeon remake...
Grovyle isn’t important to the first game though. I would love it though. Through the sea of time would be hype in smash as well as the rest of the ost.

Shroob

Sup?
What changed in their production for them to reduce their pace THAT much? This is the best selling fighting game on earth, Nintendo should be giving them as much money and resources as possible.
Snake, there's only 6 characters left(Supposedly), and they told us they're going to be done by December 2021.

Unless they SUPER front load us, it's a much safer bet atm to expect no more than 3 pass characters a year.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, after I get done with this Diggersby tho, my battle box will be full.

I seriously need to start team building. Been putting it off for too long.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, there's only 6 characters left(Supposedly), and they told us they're going to be done by December 2021.

Unless they SUPER front load us, it's a much safer bet atm to expect no more than 3 pass characters a year.
Yeah. And I want to know why. They got four done last year after all. Technically 5 because Byleth finished development by December. So what in earth happened that now they can only get out 3 in a year AT MOST?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. And I want to know why. They got four done this year after all. Technically 5 because Byleth finished development by December. So what in earth happened that now they can only get out 3 in a year?
Things internally change.

As big as Smash is, it makes more sense to move employees to the next big project than keeping a ton on board for a single DLC packet.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Things internally change.

As big as Smash is, it makes more sense to move employees to the next big project than keeping a ton on board for a single DLC packet.
And the longer things take the more fans fall off and the more the sales decline. Nintendo doesn’t get an exempt pass from standard consumer friendly business practices just because of their status in the industry.

Shroob

Sup?
And the longer things take the more fans fall off and the more the sales decline. Nintendo doesn’t get an exempt pass from standard consumer friendly business practices just because of their status in the industry.
How many times do we have to say that:

"The majority of the sales come from the beginning"

Yes, they sell characters alone, but those single packs will never hit the same sales peaks that the pass itself does.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How many times do we have to say that:

"The majority of the sales come from the beginning"

Yes, they sell characters alone, but those single packs will never hit the same sales peaks that the pass itself does.
Then why do so many other game companies constantly put out all sorts of bonus content at least on a bimonthly basis? Even if it’s just cosmetic items, they still do it to keep people constantly engaged.

Shroob

Sup?
Then why do so many other game companies constantly put out all sorts of bonus content at least on a bimonthly basis? Even if it’s just cosmetic items, they still do it to keep people constantly engaged.
Who's to say they won't?

Again, we currently have 4 unused characters in World of Light.

This pass is the exact same price as the prior one, despite having 6 characters, but I can't see a future where Nintendo both:

A: Puts out a pass with 4 characters

B: Keeps it the same price as the last 2 despite having less content

Right now, these 4 unknown spots are an anomaly. We don't know if they'll be Echo fighters or what, and the fact of the matter is, we're going to have more General Directs than FP2 characters over the next 2 years, that's just obvious.

D

Deleted member

I see the thread is up to no good again(or at least it was a few pages ago) or should I say a certain.... SNAKE is! (joking somewhat, of course)

Stand up, The Vanguard!
(I finally got my hands on Vanguard cards. Yay!)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who's to say they won't?

Again, we currently have 4 unused characters in World of Light.

This pass is the exact same price as the prior one, despite having 6 characters, but I can't see a future where Nintendo both:

A: Puts out a pass with 4 characters

B: Keeps it the same price as the last 2 despite having less content

Right now, these 4 unknown spots are an anomaly. We don't know if they'll be Echo fighters or what, and the fact of the matter is, we're going to have more General Directs than FP2 characters over the next 2 years, that's just obvious.
Really? They only do it quarterly and they skip Q4. They do others for specific games and indies. But at least since I started watching them there’s really only been three a year?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see the thread is up to no good again(or at least it was a few pages ago) or should I say a certain.... SNAKE is! (joking somewhat, of course)

Stand up, The Vanguard!
(I finally got my hands on Vanguard cards. Yay!)
Snake is sick. Snake is board. Snake will argue on Smashboards.

Hey, if you can’t laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually echos predictions if Nintendo only:

1)Octoling
2)Gooigi
3) BOTW 2 Ganondorf( demise 2.0?)
4)Tom Nook for New Horizons

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I personally don’t think we’re going to be getting a character until E3, and that would make it a year and a half of Fighters Pass 2.

Going off that, I say we get 2 this year and 4 next.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Possible, but doesn't seem like Nintendo's MO to just throw the FP out there without showing the 1st character.
Keep in mind they only showed off Joker as early as they did because of the Game Awards.

If TGAs didn’t exist, Smash would’ve launched with the Fighters Pass available to buy, and we wouldn’t have known Joker until the February direct probably.

Shroob

Sup?
Keep in mind they only showed off Joker as early as they did because of the Game Awards.

If TGAs didn’t exist, Smash would’ve launched with the Fighters Pass available to buy, and we wouldn’t have known Joker until the February direct probably.
But TGAs did exist.

They used that as the perfect marketing strategy.

They're effectively telling people to "Hey, buy this, but this time we're not even telling you what's going to start!"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
An Nintendo Direct at this point in January is wishful thinking. We're probably waiting until February and even then I don't expect the first post-Pass DLC fighter especially since we just got an announcement a few days ago.

And even then that was a last minute addition. They never originally planned to reveal Joker there.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If it helps, there's always the possibility that they only said "by December 31st 2021" to cover their asses in case something came up to delay development, they could end up all being out by the end of next January for all we know. "December 31st" is very obviously a temporary date.

D

Deleted member

LMAO, this is funny af
I literally cannot think of any good filler text, mods pleaseo don’to hurto me

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well my power went out in the whole neighborhood, neat.
Do you think there are any new characters that could reasonably come with an echo?

Like I could see Curly Brace with Quote if they implemented her energy shield, and potentially Siegfried with Nightmare.
Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom