• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Really loved Joker. Can't believe for all the **** I gave it while looking forward to It: Chapter Two that proved to be the opposite. If more comic book films did more of what Joker did that'd be great and DC will be on a role catching up to Marvel. I'd love for more movies like Joker.

John Wick. I would had seen those long ago and already own them but the beginning of the first movie is the only barrier keeping me from watching it given my love for dogs. I'm trying to grit my teeth and get around to watching it though because I'd like to see how Keanu Reeves is as an actor being those films and Bill and Ted are his most notable ones.
For your first point yes, I agree. It was an amazing film and it drew me in. I really hope there is no sequel and standalone, it would dilute it. It was brilliantly shot, the slow burn was perfect, Joaquin Phoenix did one hell of a performance and the finale was perfect.

As for second point, my best friend lent me the first two films and I gave him running commentary on Discord. During the dog bit, I told him that I might stop watching. He practically begged me to watch ten more minutes, just brave it and ten more minutes. I did and I watched it and 2 right through. I was absolutely blown away.

For John Wick, just brave it and the satisfaction of the films will be greatly rewarded. That's my view.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to have a marathon of Byleth reaction videos for sure. They'll be really entertaining.

When I mean formula I mean the feel and vibe of it notably the humor (Especially what Endgame had endured). I dunno but I'm just feeling Marvel films are literally the McDonalds of cinema at this point its no wonder I'm burned out...

The Black Widow trailer also did nothing for me. Felt like any other MCU film before notably the feel, vibe and humor. Maybe if the MCU didn't stick to this and had variety of different feels and tones (What Endgame notably should of had) I probably wouldn't be burned out at this point.
I've got to disagree, if any current film franchise is the "McDonald's of cinema" it's the Fast and Furious or Transformers movies, cheap and fills you up in the moment, but ultimately forgettable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've got to disagree, if any current film franchise is the "McDonald's of cinema" it's the Fast and Furious or Transformers movies, cheap and fills you up in the moment, but ultimately forgettable.
Eh guess everyone is different but personally for me Fast and Furious is a guilty pleasure being mindless fun with non-stop action. I will say its one of those franchises where you can only truly enjoy it if you turn off your brain.

To each their own though.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see that Twitter handle in the tweet I was gonna share and it was not site appropriate.

Just, uh, disregard this post, lol.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I have to mostly agree with you on those two. Fast and Furious was a good series until a certain point around Fast Five but I think it should have continued it but with a different name to differentiate from the more racing focused. I like the street racing of the early films far more than the stuff in the later.

Transformers yeah isn't fun. It's a series I enjoyed when I was like 16 but in my 20's not at all.

As mentioned to the Speedster there, I enjoy more character studies for films. Shawshank Redemption and Boyhood are my two favourite films because of stuff like that.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At the same time it lets you go "HEY EVERYBODY! MORE GAMES ARE ON HERE!" Sure, it's padding but Capcom's kinda done the same thing with the Street Fighter Anniversary collection
Fair.

I guess the only weird thing is that Capcom usually only puts 4-6 games on a single legacy collection disc/cartridge. And including both version bumps Battle Network from 6 games to 10 and Star Force from 3 games to 7.

And then Legends is.... Legends... maybe include that standalone Roll game to boost is a bit.

Shroob

Sup?
Fair.

I guess the only weird thing is that Capcom usually only puts 4-6 games on a single legacy collection disc/cartridge. And including both version bumps Battle Network from 6 games to 10 and Star Force from 3 games to 7.

And then Legends is.... Legends... maybe include that standalone Roll game to boost is a bit.
And then if you wanna get CRAZY(which will never happen, the Japan exclusive BN game and the GCN BN game).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair.

I saw a godlike idea, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne 2 where Tron goes on her hijinks to try and save Volnutt from the moon, it takes place after Legends 2 but if fans support it enough, Legends 3 happens

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I saw a godlike idea, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne 2 where Tron goes on her hijinks to try and save Volnutt from the moon, it takes place after Legends 2 but if fans support it enough, Legends 3 happens
Honestly, Capcom is probably going to go down the list of releasing a Legacy Collection for a Mega Man series and then developing a new title in the series. I guarantee the only reason X9 hasn't been announced is that next gen is so close and it would be better to have it as a launch title. Then it will repeat for Zero/ZX, Battle Network, Star Force, and Legends.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Who's ready for some more more Spirit Battle Facts?

Model X - This battle revolves around a team of 4 Mega Man puppet fighters that all represent the various equippable Biometals that first appeared in Mega Man ZX, including the aforementioned Model X there's also Models F, H, and ZX. The enemy team favoring smash attacks also represents each of the Biometals' main abilites, with Model X & ZX's charge shot referenced with Mega Man's forward smash, Model F's fire abilities referenced by his down smash, and Model H's electric-based abilities represented by his up smash.

Makoto Niijima - In this Spirit Battle, you'll be facing against a puppet fighter of Shiek who greatly resembles Makoto's appearance as the Phantom Thief: Queen. Along with her is a giant invisible Wario who references Makoto's signature Persona: Johanna who takes the form of a mototcycle. The stage choice being Dracula's Castle could be referencing Kaneshiro's Palace found in Persona 5, where at that point in the game is when Makoto joins the Phantom Thieves of Hearts.

S-Tetrimino & Z-Tetrimino - The puppet fighters of Samus in both her Power Suit and Zero Suit represent the two Tetriminos respectively, as well as having matching colors. With the battle being located in the Slide Lift Tower section of the Mushroom Kingdom U stage, the large rectangular-shaped platforms that are constantly shifting also reference both Tetriminos' main shapes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah they did, I don't remember what Sheik's was on the top of my head but ZSS had "Zero Suit Samus Zeroes In!"

There's a DeviantArt variant that confuses things, so Gamexplain it is...

Okay, my bad. Maybe the confusion is that those other three reveals were formerly part of different characters that took it solo, but I don't necessarily accept that qualification. It's fair to say they are veterans getting their splash arts :yoshi:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the the fact he asked this today after the resurface of the back to the basics Paper Mario is interesting:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Also the the fact he asked this today after the resurface of the back to the basics Paper Mario is interesting:
To answer his question, SPM sits very well with me. In fact, the only reason TTYD stands above it for me is Mini Yosh :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
Well talk about convenient timing.

As for me, love Super. Gameplay is whatever, but its plot is great, as is the music.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One of my favourite games for the Wii.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really love Super Paper Mario. Maybe I’m biased because it was my first Paper Mario, but it’s an excellent game and is very fun imo. I haven’t actually beaten any of the others, however I’m just at the shadow queen fight in TTYD and I’d probably put them at the same level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom