• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's not a tie in.
That's a "If you want to learn more about the characters, go play their games"
Fair enough, but regardless there’s been some game put alongside them, so that listing is very interesting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hero was more of a tie in because right after his reveal, Dragon Quest 11S was shown off. And pretty much everything DQ11 related was said to be sourced from the Definitive Edition on Switch, even though the PS4 version existed. Then there was extreme marketing for 11 (and Bulders 2) for the next month or two, and then Dragon Quest 3, which also got major representation in Smash, conveniently got a port on Switch the exaxt same day 11S came out.

But even then, that wasn't stated to be a tie in, but that is the closest we got to having one (it might as well be). Banjo and Terry got jack compared to Hero.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jon from Gamexplain said in the video covering the announcement, that he thinks it could be edelgard or maybe even his darling Arle.

Which with that Puyo Puyo game coming on the 16th and the past two characters having game tie ins, and the other hints I'm going full in that its Arle
I see no reason to trust him over anyone else. And I’m also certain it’s not Arle.

She’s coming to Crash Team Racing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I see no reason to trust him over anyone else. And I’m also certain it’s not Arle.

She’s coming to Crash Team Racing.
Who would win:

A random 4chan post

or

Jon Gamexplain:

whose leaked the epic yarn port, all the final fantasy games coming, banjo, the Pokémon dlc, Ridley, daisy, knew of incenroar and Ken which is why they refused to cover the grinch leak on GX, and honestly probably more I’m not thinking of.

Jon isn’t some random person. He has plenty of information

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who would win:

A random 4chan post

or

Jon Gamexplain:

whose leaked the epic yarn port, all the final fantasy games coming, banjo, the Pokémon dlc, Ridley, daisy, knew of incenroar and Ken which is why they refused to cover the grinch leak on GX, and honestly probably more I’m not thinking of.

Jon isn’t some random person. He has plenty of information
He’s not leaking. He’s just saying what he wants.

And the CTR part was a JOKE.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Eh. He says what he wants, but he quite literally guessed the Pokémon DLC and had all the Smash DLC right so far in their predictions. He's also guessed plenty of ports and small spin-offs before.

He says he's not an insider but in reality he's either a really good businessman capable of predicting the moves of various companies in a game of 4D chess or he legit has inside information.

I'll let you decide which is the most likely of the two.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This'll probably get buried.

So today from my college I was given a week to literally redo half the work I was doing the past four months and if not, I'll probably have to leave what I'm doing.
One of the toughest weeks in years for me has begun and it's a low chance of pulling it off.
So yeah, one of the worst days I've had in about three years.

Regardless though that Smash Bros FP5 reveal and Isekai Quartet Season 2 starting will be my only sense of respite. Seriously wish me luck guys.
If anything if I get it all done, that Smash reveal of mostly whoever it is will be pretty rewarding.

Seriously talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So here's something I've discovered today.

I was searching through Youtube to add some Kirby remixes to one of my music playlists and it turns out that you can't save any sort of video that is deemed kid-friendly to a playlist.

This COPPA thing is gonna get worse, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

So here's something I've discovered today.

I was searching through Youtube to add some Kirby remixes to one of my music playlists and it turns out that you can't save any sort of video that is deemed kid-friendly to a playlist.

This COPPA thing is gonna get worse, isn't it?
Speaking of, the dumb****s at Coppa are increasing the age which Coppa affects from 13 to....
16. GODDAMN 16 year old or younger are (possibly) now affected by this law
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blo...lock-kids-ftc-announces-coppa-review-workshop

edit: wrong link
https://www.dataprivacymonitor.com/coppa/childrens-privacy-law-updates-tricks-or-treats/
"Although this “do not sell” right will function as an opt-out for Californians who are at least 16 years old, for those under 16 the CCPA creates an opt-in regime."

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

So today from my college I was given a week to literally redo half the work I was doing the past four months and if not, I'll probably have to leave what I'm doing.
One of the toughest weeks in years for me has begun and it's a low chance of pulling it off.

Regardless though that Smash Bros FP5 reveal and Isekai Quartet Season 2 starting will be my only sense of respite. Seriously wish me luck.
If anything if I get it all done, that Smash reveal of mostly whoever it is will be pretty rewarding.

Wish you the best of luck in pulling it off, man.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Jill: You're a big guy!

Nemesis: For you.

D

Deleted member

Me whenever I go to locals
download (6).jpeg

I NEGATE YOUR MONSTER EFFECT AND THAT ONE AND THAT ONE AND THAT ONE AND

NO **** NO WTF AHRIUESHNFGJSDGBSDKJG

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I hope either Jon is right about Edelgard or um... I don't know her name... Amy? is right about Shantae.

Other than them, my big hope would be Agumon.

Or maybe we'll get a Turnabout Reveal..?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m excited for Smash, of course, but right now I’m distracted by Crash Team Racing. It’s about time for them to reveal, not just the next Grand Prix, but the next Grand Prix Roadmap. Meaning the next three grand Prixs themes will be revealed, as well as some of their content. It could happen at any moment.

D

Deleted member

I hope either Jon is right about Edelgard or um... I don't know her name... Amy? is right about Shantae.

At this point I literally don't give a **** who #5 is
tenor (2).gif

Checkmate, Atheists

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He’s not leaking. He’s just saying what he wants.

And the CTR part was a JOKE.
This is quite a hot take.

You’d be hard pressed not to find someone who thinks he’s not a leaker. Hell he specifically used the legendary birds as examples for what would be in the Pokémon dlc. Now if you don’t find that a tad suspicious then I don’t know what is.

Regardless though that Smash Bros FP5 reveal and Isekai Quartet Season 2 starting will be my only sense of respite. Seriously wish me luck.

That’s really rough, I hope you can pull through and get it done, good luck!

Yeah that’s Amy who said Shantae, she’s kinda of joined them recently after she started dating Derrick. It’s fun to have more GX crew members though.

Also imagine if end of the direct:

Sakurai: “Thank you for tuning in today. We have no further announcements so please look forward to the future”

“OBJECTION!”

Would be pretty hype

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guess we got news this week. Finna hope it's Jin or MMX or Hayabusa. Anyone else would be fine I guess. The Pass became good when Terry joined so I'm chillin'.

What if it's just Hayabusa.

after all these months of crazy speculation, we end up with the guy who we all thought was in to begin with.
We Izuna Drop fools. All according to plan.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm really gonna laugh though if this character isn't a huge blowout character.

Everyone thinking it woulda been this massive drop at the game awards and then.

This

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm going in this presentation with no expectations, mainly because to avoid disappointment and I honestly have no idea who it could be. I just pray for no leaks.

Now to find a way so I can watch it from start to finish spoiler free as it airs while I am at work.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
While Banjo and Terry didn't have a new game, Sakurai still said to go play Banjo Kazooie on Xbox and talked about various KOF games you could play on Switch. Hero had a brand new game, so Arle having one of her games come out so Sakurai can try and promote it wold make sense imo.
That doesn't count. I heard people say Terry was an ad for SNK Heroines. Despite Smash having ZERO content from that game, and Terry having a legacy as long lasting as Sonic. But ****** are indeed stupid.

And since Banjo Kazooie hasn't had anything remotely new since like Rare Replay(if we're being generous here)I don't think they count either.

So the new character could easily have a long lasting legacy despite no new games either.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm really gonna laugh though if this character isn't a huge blowout character.

Everyone thinking it woulda been this massive drop at the game awards and then.

This
To be fair, every character is probably someone's huge fan dream. Not too many of us here in the states gives a **** about Dragon Quest, but it's huge in Japan. N64 Oldheads ADORE Banjo and Kazooie. Mexico and China/the FGC got their People's Champ with Terry. Young Bois got Joker.

And 3 of those 4 weren't taken too seriously as guess until some leak or datamine. We only talked about SNK on occasion. And DQ was a hot topic only because of the Brave file datamine. Banjo-Kazooie was seen as a pipe dream too.

It'd be MORE of a shock if it was someone we DID guess.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, who wants some awwwwwwws in the wake of stressful nights waiting for Smash news and working on collage stuff, I see you Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna
I do!
c80.gif

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'all ready for the leak?

Here we go. It's

Waluigi

:bowsette:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Or 8:am if you're me.

Which is perfect, because that means I'll get to see most, if not all, of it before classes start here
There's a good chance I might not be able to see it all as I got a doctors appointment at 10 AM. I'll have to leave the house before that time.

Which is why I'd appreciate anyone who might remember to send me the entire Smash Direct through PM so I can avoid being spoiled of the possibility of there being more then one fighter being revealed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways.

Hoping: Phoenix Wright
Predicting: Dante

I don't mind Dante and would be excited given his moveset potential but I would prefer Phoenix.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Got all of the TMs in Pokemon Sword. I also bought the rest of the Gym outfits I forgot to get. Still missing the Trapper Hats, and even though they're really ugly I'll get them eventually.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hey guys, who wants some awwwwwwws in the wake of stressful nights waiting for Smash news and working on collage stuff, I see you Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna
I do!
View attachment 257344
It's a good aww. I slightly happier for now thank you.

Seriously though it's not the work that ****ting me. It's trying to explain to someone why you haven't been in their class at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom