• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
is it just me, or do the Phantom Thieves look more human in Smash than they do in Persona 5 (same with Bayonetta for that matter)?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
is it just me, or do the Phantom Thieves look more human in Smash than they do in Persona 5 (same with Bayonetta for that matter)?
I mean, Smash likes to try and keep everything in as consistent of an art style as it can, and the newer characters are modified to fit in with the older ones generally. That, combined with the fact both Bayonetta and especially P5 are both incredibly stylized makes them both look a bit more human than their original game counterparts (at least in comparison to the other more human characters in Smash like Samus, Mac, and Snake)

...speaking of P5, why did nobody alert me that this was such a banger

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Can't wait for a Direct not to be announced today

See my power of prediction is usually terrible, meaning we will be getting that announcement

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol I'm expecting to have to wait a while for a Direct so any suprises are more than welcome for me, Nintendo. We've been getting Trademarks renewed, old websites for series taken down, and Sakurai basically doing PotD throughout this month and even had a Pokémon Direct which predates Ninty Directs. There's also that rumor of the Direct happening on the 16th.

But this is all circumstantial evidence at best so meh. At latest they could announce it tomorrow but that's the last chance.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh and yeah, Red Yoshi with Orange looks good. They're a couple of my fav colors as well, though, so I may have some color bias.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, heads-up!
318C0663-0C68-4A94-A5BF-E702789AFA5D.gif

If you’re wondering, the joke is that “Heads Up!” is a sniper quote.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How pissed would you be if someone was like "new idea, Super Smash Dudes Ultimate! Every female character is replaced by a male one"?
Uh not at all? like I said the last time this popped up, I don’t give a **** about gender representation.

Now, gender bent characters I would take offense too, but the concept of just replacing every single female character with a male? Nah, wouldn’t even bother me a bit.

No direct this time

BUT AT LEAST WE GOT SMASH BABY
View attachment 257239
NANI! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Kinda wish it was a direct, I want my Bayo 3 and Xenoblade.
I do like not getting to know the character until the last minute though. Exciting

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Uh not at all? like I said the last time this popped up, I don’t give a **** about gender representation.

Now, gender bent characters I would take offense too, but the concept of just replacing every single female character with a male? Nah, wouldn’t even bother me a bit.
If you don't see a problem with literally replacing everyone of a specific sex solely because of their sex, then I don't know what to say, it's inherently a sexist idea regardless of who is being replaced.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I KNEW WE WERE GETTING SOMETHING THIS WEEK

LET'S GO

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh peck that was unexpected. I heard about it from seeing the stream in my YT recommended tab of all things. Startled me a bit, and I had to double check it was real.

RIP January Direct, though, lol. Would've preferred that, honestly: Getting just Smash news by itself for only one fighter is a bit of a let down.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Am more interested in a general direct at this point as most of 2020 for Nintendo after March is a big old ??????

... but it's been a long time since the last Smash reveal so it'd be nice to finally found out regardless and maybe, if we're good boys and girls, get a teaser of fighter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom