Social Social Thread: The Social Thread

Nerd Saga Nate

Part-Time Youtuber, Full Time Nerd
is it just me, or do the Phantom Thieves look more human in Smash than they do in Persona 5 (same with Bayonetta for that matter)?
I mean, Smash likes to try and keep everything in as consistent of an art style as it can, and the newer characters are modified to fit in with the older ones generally. That, combined with the fact both Bayonetta and especially P5 are both incredibly stylized makes them both look a bit more human than their original game counterparts (at least in comparison to the other more human characters in Smash like Samus, Mac, and Snake)

...speaking of P5, why did nobody alert me that this was such a banger

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
Premium
Rankings Team
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW 4624 0132 9722
I find this tweet hilarious (once you Google translate it)

Lol I'm expecting to have to wait a while for a Direct so any suprises are more than welcome for me, Nintendo. We've been getting Trademarks renewed, old websites for series taken down, and Sakurai basically doing PotD throughout this month and even had a Pokémon Direct which predates Ninty Directs. There's also that rumor of the Direct happening on the 16th.

But this is all circumstantial evidence at best so meh. At latest they could announce it tomorrow but that's the last chance.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
Premium
Rankings Team
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW 4624 0132 9722
This is pretty strange dog

Guynamednelson

Smash Champion
Premium
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
NNID
Nelson340
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

No direct this time

BUT AT LEAST WE GOT SMASH BABY
dancedead.gif

Last edited:
A Smash Presentation is coming, guys!

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Premium
3DS FC
4785-8439-9300
NNID
MetroRetro
Last edited:
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
How pissed would you be if someone was like "new idea, Super Smash Dudes Ultimate! Every female character is replaced by a male one"?
Uh not at all? like I said the last time this popped up, I don’t give a **** about gender representation.

Now, gender bent characters I would take offense too, but the concept of just replacing every single female character with a male? Nah, wouldn’t even bother me a bit.

No direct this time

BUT AT LEAST WE GOT SMASH BABY
View attachment 257239
NANI! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Uh not at all? like I said the last time this popped up, I don’t give a **** about gender representation.

Now, gender bent characters I would take offense too, but the concept of just replacing every single female character with a male? Nah, wouldn’t even bother me a bit.
If you don't see a problem with literally replacing everyone of a specific sex solely because of their sex, then I don't know what to say, it's inherently a sexist idea regardless of who is being replaced.

Oh peck that was unexpected. I heard about it from seeing the stream in my YT recommended tab of all things. Startled me a bit, and I had to double check it was real.

RIP January Direct, though, lol. Would've preferred that, honestly: Getting just Smash news by itself for only one fighter is a bit of a let down.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Am more interested in a general direct at this point as most of 2020 for Nintendo after March is a big old ??????

... but it's been a long time since the last Smash reveal so it'd be nice to finally found out regardless and maybe, if we're good boys and girls, get a teaser of fighter 6