• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Olikus

Smash Champion
Things that you didnt know about the japanese scene part 2

Jousuke likes all stages. I played him on Peach Castle it was so cool.

wario told me that the player Red thinks the mario Kirby MU is 50/50. (lolwtf)

wario is maybe the most humble person i ever met. When i told him he was good he said like "no no im not good". (but maybe he is right and 99 percent of 64 players sucks)

wangera(the best puff player) is a heavy smoker.

Stay tuned for more later kids.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
ive been playing this game for 3+ years and still there are little moments or interactions that happen in game that make me laugh out loud. what an amazing game

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
image.jpg

I was at the bottom left of the main platform, samus froze in the air as if she was standing, disappeared, and respawns, wtffff happened?!!! I didn't lose a stock either
Edit:this was on peaches castle

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Hey guys, so I was just looking at some videos about the new discovery on melee, V-Cancelling, where if you fall in helpless state, and press L 3 frames before you get hit, you can survive more and in game code calls it "Ariel guarding" and this interests me, cause CPU's do this a lot in melee, is there any way to see if this works in 64? And also can we see cpu's button inputs? Cause CPU samus cancels her charging extremly fast and acts out with an attack instead of shield and that would be amazing to implement into my, or others samus play!

Annex

Smash Ace
Just tap Z instead of holding it as samus
Neat melee thing. Crazy that was just discovered. Would be cool to see cpu inputs

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I haven't been active lately because of work and an arm injury that has been getting better. I will try to play a little more regularly online now that things are settling down at work. I am registered for Genesis 3 and hope to play most of you then!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Yo 64 fans! I HAVE INVADED YOUR FORUMS MWAHAHAHAHA!

*ehem* okay but in all seriousness...

I want to try and see Smash 64 on the front page more, but I don't want to just shove it full of fluff either. I want it to be things you guys actually want to read and that you think people from the outside would enjoy. I'd love some ideas on the kinds of content you'd like to see. Is it interviews with players? Video tutorials on things I'm missing? "The State Of Smash 64"?

Alongside this, I a REALLY hoping I can manage to hit up Genesis 3 live (kinda depends on if I can afford my $218 bus trip). If I can manage to get there, what kinds of articles or things would you like that could only happen LIVE from the event? Any ideas here?

Shears

Smash Master

I want to try and see Smash 64 on the front page more, but I don't want to just shove it full of fluff either. I want it to be things you guys actually want to read and that you think people from the outside would enjoy. I'd love some ideas on the kinds of content you'd like to see. Is it interviews with players? Video tutorials on things I'm missing? "The State Of Smash 64"?

Alongside this, I a REALLY hoping I can manage to hit up Genesis 3 live (kinda depends on if I can afford my $218 bus trip). If I can manage to get there, what kinds of articles or things would you like that could only happen LIVE from the event? Any ideas here?
This is an interesting idea I really support. Needs to be thought out though. There is a lot of material to be honest, between international players, isai coming back, the exponential growth of 64 over the year, upsets, rematches, rivalries, etc.

Shears

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3sy7zu/hey_guys_gimr_here_im_starting_a_new_youtube/

Maybe MDVA crew can create guides for 64 to be featured on GIMR's channel? Basic tech intro, char specific guides, etc

Shears Shears
Good idea, we can see if gimr would be interested in having a weekly metagame show or something where tech and guides are done. Unfortunately, I think characters and matchups are underdeveloped so I think any guides written will be very amateur in the scheme of things by this time 2016.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace

Interviewing some 64 players would be awesome, I'm the best luigi main in the world (well that's what I believe lol) and I could tell you big differences between all the weegee's in smash and why 64 luigi is arguably the best luigi, plus I have great insight on 64, smash 4, and a bit in melee, none in brawl tho

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

cover the inevitable 64 yolo tournament. We held a huge one at smash con and honestly it was magical and its unique to the 64 scene as far as i know

Annex

Smash Ace
You guys having a CUTE time with your 64s this winter season? c:
I bet u r
Go try paper mario, majoras mask, banjo, dk64, pokemon snap, ETC and snuggle in
Im rooting 4 u

<3<3<3<3

Shears

Smash Master
SB is a better forum than facebook could be. Avatars and sigs are fun. You can also embed pictures, links, videos, etc. much better and smoother. Quoting is also a thing. Additionally, people remain identified by their tags, while on fb its like real names and like everyone is a real person and we have to actually be friends.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey 64 fans, I'm needing your help! There's been some talks of doing a top 25 smash 64 players list. Well, it's time to see that happen. I collected some worthy names of players worth considering and have gotten them into one big poll to vote on.

Now I wont be able to keep this up long if I want to do it and have it published for super crazy hype before Genesis 3. So the deadline to vote in December 31st at 12PM CST. So spread this around so we can get good top player input alongside public opinion. I promise that those two things will be balanced out for the final results as well.

So whatcha waitin for? Get crackin!

Shears

Smash Master
Hey 64 fans, I'm needing your help! There's been some talks of doing a top 25 smash 64 players list. Well, it's time to see that happen. I collected some worthy names of players worth considering and have gotten them into one big poll to vote on.

Now I wont be able to keep this up long if I want to do it and have it published for super crazy hype before Genesis 3. So the deadline to vote in December 31st at 12PM CST. So spread this around so we can get good top player input alongside public opinion. I promise that those two things will be balanced out for the final results as well.

So whatcha waitin for? Get crackin!
Idea is good but a lot of people will feel the list being limited to just those 3 tournaments makes it very incomplete. Keeping it current and active is important and something I definitely agree with but there were a couple other tournaments that should be included with players that should be included. Is the scope of this intended to be top 25 of 2015 in North America? I don't think that was mentioned and would help people understand the nominee selections.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Idea is good but a lot of people will feel the list being limited to just those 3 tournaments makes it very incomplete. Keeping it current and active is important and something I definitely agree with but there were a couple other tournaments that should be included with players that should be included. Is the scope of this intended to be top 25 of 2015 in North America? I don't think that was mentioned and would help people understand the nominee selections.
Probably top in NA yes.

And I know it's not exactly perfect as covering all events from all over would be nice but we're looking at the top 25. If it was a larger number (should have done top 64, would have been hilarious) then covering everything local as well would make sense, but unless any of those other strong local players could honestly beat the best people to go to majors it seems odd to include them.

Top Bottom