• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't know what that character/anime is but her Dpad hairpins and teenager-living-in-a-space-station hoodie make her an automatically terrible character

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Y'all not even gonna mention Iwata?
I'm thanking him for all my favorite games, it was terrible finding out, it felt so unreal to me.
Rest in Peace Iwata

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Warning Received
Comrades, I have joke for you.

What did Iwata hear before dead?
Sirens going "Wii U Wii U Wii U"! :4dk:I will leave now.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Why was that person infracted? Whether the joke was in bad taste and bad or not, it didn't break any rules – and no, it's not trolling when someone explicitly says that what they're about to say is a joke.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Why was that person infracted? Whether the joke was in bad taste and bad or not, it didn't break any rules – and no, it's not trolling when someone explicitly says that what they're about to say is a joke.
>swf mods

>reasonable
>not hitler

choose one group

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
For what it's worth, Sangoku didn't infract him.

When it comes to 0 point warnings, even if not always 100% agreeable there's very little harm done I guess.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
IIRC, it will always say "warning received" even if it was actually an infraction. But if you say it was a warning, OK.

Maliki

Smash Ace
It was a 0 point warning for inappropriate content, because I believe the content of his post is inappropriate.
"Because I believe"
Shouldn't it be because wether it broke rules or didn't break rules it gets infracted.
And not that you thought (believed) it deserved an infraction?

Or is part of being a mod using judgement to infract?

How does this work?
Do you get to infract whatever you like as long as you believe fit?

For what it's worth, Sangoku didn't infract him.

When it comes to 0 point warnings, even if not always 100% agreeable there's very little harm done I guess.
So it's basically since he gets 0 points you think it's alright to infract him even if he didn't break rules?

P.s - this is a double post throw me my points asap

Last edited by a moderator:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it was a ****ty joke in very poor taste and a relatively meaningless slap on the wrist does nobody any harm

being a mod obviously means using your better judgement with appropriate discretion, which is why not just anybody gets to be a mod

Shears

Smash Master
If its a 0 point infraction and just a warning I think it makes complete sense. Is it bad taste and inappropriate? Yes so the person should be formally addressed and warned about it. Is it a break in rules? No so the person shouldn't receive any points or bans. This is exactly what happened it seems and I think that is a fair judgement by the mods.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Lol at all of you debatting the rules around a joke, and why sangoku is deciding such, and everyone liking everyones posts so everyone can feel like they were smart and contributet to solve the problem.

It was a joke. Maybe it was good, maybe it wasnt. Good day and good night and over and out.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
sorry i disagree (i reported his post). it's intensely disrespectful to joke about his death, especially considering the guy helped create this game that we all love, and probably many others. totally unacceptable & ungrateful...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Lol at all of you debatting the rules around a joke, and why sangoku is deciding such, and everyone liking everyones posts so everyone can feel like they were smart and contributet to solve the problem.

It was a joke. Maybe it was good, maybe it wasnt. Good day and good night and over and out.
do i have to call you a hipster again

do norwegians know what death is? i know you guys have long life expectancies but im pretty sure that you've encountered the concept before

it's like you've lost a stock in smash bros, except... you never respawn... the game just keeps going and everyone left behind is just kinda lost

jfc why are people anywhere near attempting to defend that

Morin0

Smash Lord
You know, for a community that appears to be so staunch against Melee, a good amount can always be found watching big Melee tournaments.

Last edited:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You know, for a community that appears to be so staunch against Melee, a good amount can always be found watching big Melee tournaments.
Not sure what "staunch against Melee" even means but it's almost like people in a community can have a variety of opinions on playing or watching other games.

Top Bottom