• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
i dont want to post in the ask question/get answer thread cause nobody checks that but what's the most consistent way to pull off ffnair off the lower DL platform with falcon cause i get it sometimes but im feeling im too late/early and i just end up doing a ffdair instead

i find practicing tech keeps me sharp while my internet is bad
Just practice to get the nair out. It was the easiest one for me to learn since you just let the stick go back to neutral after the ff.

I tend to use R to z cancel my ff aerials off the side platforms with Falcon. It allows for a better timing imo, it's pretty much the only time I use R to z cancel though.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Since people are talking about Kirby:

If you get sucked up by Kirby, you can mash the control stick in the upper diagonals to make Kirby hop around the stage. You can travel at a pretty decent speed and it can be used in some interesting ways in teams. i.e. dodging attacks and countering with a spit, falling offstage to spit out a star for edgeguarding, and other troll strats.

Nicholas Scalzi

Smash Rookie
hey guys, regarding fox's shine/spike,
what are the best players to do it against? obviously DK and ness cop a paddling', but anyone else more affected?
and what is its hit box like? i don't connect as often as i should, and if you miss....chances are you'll get done
cheers

ѕupa

Smash Rookie
Just practice to get the nair out. It was the easiest one for me to learn since you just let the stick go back to neutral after the ff.

I tend to use R to z cancel my ff aerials off the side platforms with Falcon. It allows for a better timing imo, it's pretty much the only time I use R to z cancel though.
im a hack who has to play on a 360 controller so all i do is use r, but this makes sense. thanks

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I think kirby at low percents should steal at least steal fox's lasers. I mean short hop triple ****ing laser. Are you kidding me.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I love how Kirby shoots faster than fox, you think some one who uses a gun all the time would shoot faster, but no, some random puff ball fires it faster

The Star King

Smash Hero

clubbadubba

Smash Master
the cpu's in this game are so terrible. I just started a match but got distracted and missed the first 10 seconds of the match. By the time I look back I have 29% and am hanging on the edge, and the lvl 9 cpu has already lost a stock.

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
I can't count the number of times the Fox CPU has tried to firefox me, only to fly off the edge and SD.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Doing chance time with so many stars involved near the end kinda messed up the excitement of the game.

The game was REALLY GOOD up until turn 45 or so, and everyone was winning for a few turns at some point. you can tell by looking at when each of us lost stars.

too late to target Fireblaster after Star King decided to roleplay as robin hood

ggs

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
image.jpg

This was directed at me wasn't it? ROFL
(For those who don't play me, if I start lagging it's cause my sisters are home and lagging, or they're watching netflix )

The Star King

Smash Hero
it was close, like 6 7 8 8 or something, until the turn 44 chance time happened

rob targeted me when I was solidly in the lead midgame, okay, singlehandedly going through 3 Boo Repellants (I had to stock up on them because everyone was going after me), but he stole a star from me after a Chance Time already put me in 4th place. mother****er got what he deserved

it was 50 turns which is part of the reason the star count is so high

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
View attachment 53171
This was directed at me wasn't it? ROFL
(For those who don't play me, if I start lagging it's cause my sisters are home and lagging, or they're watching netflix )
LOL GOT EM.

wtf @ cuddly in that closed thread lol

i said this a bit already but ill say it again, if anyone wants to make a new kaillera server i will take them aside and help them make one from start to finish for FREE; it's typically about 3-10$ a month depending on which service you decide to use

if you are interested in making a kaillera server, just google search CITYNAME linux vps

enjoy SMASH FU everyone

Last edited:

ѕupa

Smash Rookie
anyone wanna host p2p

send me a pm or find me on Smash FU

Last edited:
Top Bottom