• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero

Yoshi: Star King
Luigi: Combo Blaze
Daisy: Knitephox
Mario: caneut

0 starting stars 25 turns

ty.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Rules will be released on the smashcon website this weekend. Here is an early look for everyone:

General Rules

·Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Optional 8 Minute Time Limit

·Items are disabled.

·Accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

·A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage.

Doubles Rules

·Friendly Fire enabled

·Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Stage List

Neutral Stages

·Dream Land

Match Procedure

1.Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.

2.Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses controller port.

3.The players play the first match of the set.

4.The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

5.The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

6.The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.

7.The next match is played.

8.Repeat steps 4-7 until best of 3, or best of 5 for Top 8, is finished.

Additional Rules

·Optional Timer: There is an optional 8 minute timer a player/team can request before the start of a game. If requested by any player or team, the match will have an 8 minute timer. The player/team must seek a TO to oversee the match with a timer. The timer will be placed next to the TV so both players/teams can see it. If the timer is up and the match is not finished the TO will declare the victor using the tie breaking rules.

·Stalling (if option timer is not invoked): Excessive unwillingness to engage the opponent is disallowed at the risk of being forced to forfeit the match by the TO. If there is no movement from either player, the losing player is considered to be stalling.

·Neutral Start: The following ports are to be used when a player/team invokes the neutral start rule:

Singles: Port 2, Port 4
Doubles: Team A, Team B, Team B, Team A

Last edited:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I went to my first real in-person Smash 64 tournament on Tuesday and this is how it went (no sets were recorded to my knowledge): http://showdowngg.challonge.com/smash64

None of the guys I talked to said they played online, and many didn't even know that you can play 64 online. There were some good players that I feel could be much better if they played against more opponents. That's the reason I feel online play is so great despite its drawbacks of lag, delay, etc.

It would be more preferable if 64 local scenes consisted of at least 30+ players but I don't think we're at that point yet.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
how did knitephox not win?

wtf?
i'm a champion

I think caneut still did better than sedda that one time we played.
the funny thing is cane was extremely ****ing lucky for the first few turns, dude i was maed. this didn't keep up however and I stole two stars from him with Boos and he lost one more through chance time.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I went to my first real in-person Smash 64 tournament on Tuesday and this is how it went (no sets were recorded to my knowledge): http://showdowngg.challonge.com/smash64

None of the guys I talked to said they played online, and many didn't even know that you can play 64 online. There were some good players that I feel could be much better if they played against more opponents. That's the reason I feel online play is so great despite its drawbacks of lag, delay, etc.

It would be more preferable if 64 local scenes consisted of at least 30+ players but I don't think we're at that point yet.
Thats a good size tournament for a bunch of kids who don't really know how to play. 64 is growing a lot. There are scenes starting up and getting better all over the country. I think after smash con and maybe the next apex there will be some 30+ scenes with weekly tournaments.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
They definitely knew how to play, but it seemed that they only played each other, sort of like how back in the day you'd play with just your group of friends. They knew about DI, Z-Cancelling, and all that.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
I think caneut still did better than sedda that one time we played.
First move I find a random star. I use a medallion coin and sk gets 600 coins. Then everyone steals from me even when it would benefit them more to steal from someone a higher place than them.

It takes 3 to take me down in mario party, not even mad.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Drunk-e-ness is the guy that was doing a smash 64 and kill bill inpsired comic book. He's from NorCal and came down with Darth Rancorous to some LA tournament once. It's the same tournament where I beat blondekid

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
First move I find a random star. I use a medallion coin and sk gets 600 coins. Then everyone steals from me even when it would benefit them more to steal from someone a higher place than them.

Regardless. I still think you should have gotten at least one star at the end. To show that you have some skills.

The Star King

Smash Hero

Blatantly untrue. I stole 2 stars from you the first time because you were in the lead and second time because Combo Blaze got a Boo repellant. Chance time is chance time.

The ONLY time I "stole" from you just because it was funny was the last turn Bowser phone, and let's be honest at that point it didn't make a difference.

erryone wants to feel victimized

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
yo cant forget about 3 people landing on a 7 in that shyguy game out of 4 (I think cane lost it, knite won with 1 coin)

Also yeah I've heard of Drunk-E-Ness and I think I've heard of a The King but ey could be other The Kings.

caneut

Smash Ace
yo cant forget about 3 people landing on a 7 in that shyguy game out of 4 (I think cane lost it, knite won with 1 coin)

Also yeah I've heard of Drunk-E-Ness and I think I've heard of a The King but ey could be other The Kings.
I never did the shyguy thing

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
/u/rideride, a redditor who's subscribed to /r/counting, a subreddit community with a mission to count to infinity. His decision to make the subreddit was influenced by /u/CabassoG, some guy I don't know.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Did you guys know kirby gets a ledge cancel when he does a standing POUND (after he's stolen puff's power)? It results in some pretty interesting physics, the momentum after the cancel carries you halfway across dreamland

ѕupa

Smash Rookie
i dont want to post in the ask question/get answer thread cause nobody checks that but what's the most consistent way to pull off ffnair off the lower DL platform with falcon cause i get it sometimes but im feeling im too late/early and i just end up doing a ffdair instead

i find practicing tech keeps me sharp while my internet is bad

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
i dont want to post in the ask question/get answer thread cause nobody checks that but what's the most consistent way to pull off ffnair off the lower DL platform with falcon cause i get it sometimes but im feeling im too late/early and i just end up doing a ffdair instead

i find practicing tech keeps me sharp while my internet is bad
practice

there's probably nothing youre doing wrong. you just need to get used to it and you need to put more time in

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Did you guys know kirby gets a ledge cancel when he does a standing POUND (after he's stolen puff's power)? It results in some pretty interesting physics, the momentum after the cancel carries you halfway across dreamland
wtf

vids?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@iheartqueso made a vid on his phone, its currently uploading to youtube. its pretty hilarious. Really great when the pound finishes (i guess technically "almost" finishes) at the edge, cuz kirby stops for a second like he's done moving, then just goes flying forward

edit: just checked for the same thing with falcon punch and donkey punch by kirby, unfortunately does not happen. Its like when they put puff's move on kirby, they didn't set some property that controls momentum cancelling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom