• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Sometimes I agree with some of the criticisms by certain people, but they should say it nicer. I don't think you guys should single Kahnu out though. Especially when there are other people causing problems including some of the people he flames. This seems like a vicious cycle.
I know this isn't solely directed towards me but if you read my previous comment without context, it still makes sense (the first paragraph at the very least).

Madao

I know this isn't solely directed towards me but if you read my previous comment without context, it still makes sense (the first paragraph at the very least).
Your comment was fine. It's just bad when multiple people single him out when he's not 100% of the problem or even close. There are certainly other people who fit the description, when it comes to some of the negative things said about Kahnu in these last few posts. I appreciate that you kept it civil.

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
Even when new players (or Sm4sh players) get confused, kindly direct them in the right direction. Even if these people are "casuals" you can still be a respectable member of the community and help out. There's no point in barking at people for getting confused, asking questions w/ obvious answers, or being generally misinformed. Your abrasive comments are not helpful, period.

Anyways, if you actually put some effort into helping a lot of these guys, then you could be a really productive member of these forums. You have enough enthusiasm and passion to become a great smasher / forum member but you are directing all of your energy/attention in the wrong direction. As it currently stands, you aren't doing anything positive for this community by being a "****head" to the ignorant populous.
I read most of the social thread out of context, since I have ignored Kahnu since the start of his cancer-posting career. Nevertheless, both paragraphs make sense lol. Could be said to a lot of ppl in the 64 forums. Me included. (the second paragraph at the very least)

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
It really isn't directed towards you at all. You made perfect sense, I am hostile to people who come in here, and I'm sorry for it.

But that doesn't change the fact that I hate people who confuse 64 boards with Melee/Smash 4 boards and casuals who think 64 has no competitive community.

Also some of you guys REALLY are hypocritical.

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I feel like there is a lot of great strategies competitive smash 64 players can come up with for speedruns(the best smash 64 runner is a 64 comp. player). Is there any interest in having an open continuous conversation between speedrunners and some 64 comp. players regarding strategies used in speedruns(IRC, Skype ect.) and what would be the preferred method of communication for these talks. Thank you for your time XD
we can use the speedrun thread more

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I forgot this thread existed, and now i'm pissed off

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
alright well I posted a response in the 'need help getting better' thread and would deeply appreciate it if you all kindly took the time to pop over and read it.

peace out homie g's. :)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
About the controller thing, I think that any controller is fair (without rapid fire of course) if I practice my butt off with 360 remote (btw I don't) and I vs a key board play who has used a key board his whole life/training, I'm gonna accept it. Same goes with me using a N64 remote AS MY CHOICE vs LD on his xbox remote, it was my choice to use N64, no one forced me, because I enjoy the 64 remote and think it's best for smash (lol thinking about using N64 remote for smash melee/project m/sm4sh cause I love the 64 controller) it's kinda like "Choose your battle weapon" some one can have a light saber, but I'll gladly take a katana because that is my weapon of choice and I favor it.
Also how people can choose to pick Kirby or pika, and how I pick luigi (soon to be bottom tier) cause that's my choice, and I train and do well with my preferences :3

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Ya after thinking it over I think I will take a discussion to the speedrun thread and inform the 64 speedrunning community.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I haven't played online a good while, gonna enjoy this purple name, reminds me of the Spam board, I mean 64BRoom
@ KoRoBeNiKi KoRoBeNiKi
Where is the 64Broom?

Cuddlytoys triple posting.

also lol you dont even meet your own requirements

*Must use Kirby only - Stupid rule
*Great/highly skilled player - you arent very good at this game and refuse to learn
*Active member of community - only respectable rule
*Committed to clan - how can they be comitted if they arent in it
*Get along well with others - you get along terribly with others and deal with loosing by ignoring and kicking people

Last edited by a moderator:

caneut

Smash Ace
Did the mods seriously delete enneielles post the screen cap of cuddly being an asshole? Are you serious?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I like how ppl were hype that we were getting madao as a mod so a 64 player would be modding this forum instead of non-64 players, and are mad now that hes actually moderating

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
ayyyyy!!!!!!

kero the great here!! reporting in from the 2nd floor study lounge!!1

sup thugs

so i've been super busy wrapping up the end of this semester and ****

but i'm tryna play with you guys a LOT this summer

i really wanna win smashcon

i've been training way too hard not to take first!!

yeah sorry i haven't started streaming yet lmao i still need this one piece and i've been really lazy about getting it

BUT I HAVE THE AMAZON LINK I JUST NEED TO PUT MYSELF UP TO BUYING IT

i pretty much play everyday and i see no reason NOT to stream whenever i play LOL soooo

expect lots of good stuff coming your way once i get around to buying it

yeah so ima bounce lmaooo

just thought i'd check in first

cashbah *******

-kero the great

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
madao cant mod hes a 14 year old texture swapper

hey guys i was wondering if me and madao eventually push out a hack, would you take it competitively, play it casually, or just not play it at all?

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
madao cant mod hes a 14 year old texture swapper

hey guys i was wondering if me and madao eventually push out a hack, would you take it competitively, play it casually, or just not play it at all?
i'll be in miami in a few weeks if you're tryna get shrekt

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
It brings me a visceral sense of joy knowing that you have the misfortune of sharing a personality with smasherx74.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
ayyyyy!!!!!!

kero the great here!! reporting in from the 2nd floor study lounge!!1

sup thugs

so i've been super busy wrapping up the end of this semester and ****

but i'm tryna play with you guys a LOT this summer

i really wanna win smashcon

i've been training way too hard not to take first!!

yeah sorry i haven't started streaming yet lmao i still need this one piece and i've been really lazy about getting it

BUT I HAVE THE AMAZON LINK I JUST NEED TO PUT MYSELF UP TO BUYING IT

i pretty much play everyday and i see no reason NOT to stream whenever i play LOL soooo

expect lots of good stuff coming your way once i get around to buying it

yeah so ima bounce lmaooo

just thought i'd check in first

cashbah *****es

-kero the great
pls dont brek my heart again u ***

I was hoping you'd make at least top 3

**** you

Top Bottom