• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
FAUST beating the current Kansai tournament champion, Wario, in a best of 9.

Only God knows what japanese community is capable of.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Didn't FAUST beat Jousuke in a 12 char battle? Is he just a hidden boss who doesn't enter any tournaments?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
FAUST is WAYYY up there on the Japanese tier lists I've seen.

Either top tier or 2nd from top, don't remember which.. So basically top 10 in Japan.

He probably just gets mario'ed in those best of 1 tourneys.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
there needs to be an auto-roomban option for when someone makes a new post about their ''childhood with 64 and how it was such a great game''

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
Didn't FAUST beat Jousuke in a 12 char battle? Is he just a hidden boss who doesn't enter any tournaments?

FAUST had Fox, Jiggs and 1 stock of Rat left, and Jouske only had Samus left. Jouske did an amazing comeback. FAUST was only able to take a stock off of Jouske's Samus. Was pretty epic.

But a couple of months ago, FAUST beat a 12 CB against a bunch of very good players such as MEGU, Red, Nangoku and some others. He may be easily top 5 in the world.

I made a post with more FAUST stuff in this thread (see post #227): http://smashboards.com/threads/japanese-ssb64-video-thread.318630/page-6#post-18735734

Capos

Smash Apprentice
FAUST had Fox, Jiggs and 1 stock of Rat left, and Jouske only had Samus left. Jouske did an amazing comeback. FAUST was only able to take a stock off of Jouske's Samus. Was pretty epic.
Is there video of that one? It's not in your linked post.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Yo I have some STUFF TO SAY.

You know the DK chaingrab right? People can escape it blah-blah-blah
I have an idea.
When they escape the chaingrab, they go literally NEXT to DK, but JUST outside of his grab range.
But, what if you could keep them in hitstun and go for ANOTHER grab?
I think that if the DK SHFFL's with his Dair, he can follow it with a grab.
Like,
Grab,
(They Escape)
Short Hop
FastFall
Dair
L Cancel
Grab

I've been able to do this like twice, could some advanced players try this like @ Fireblaster Fireblaster @ The Star King The Star King @SuPeRbOoM @firo or just anybody else?
If you can, PLEASE record it and post it here!

ty

EDIT: It DOES work! I've done it numerous times now and it works like a charm! It can work on ANY character.
Although, some characters can escape it when they are under 30%.
They can escape because they have fast grabs.
These characters are
DK
CF
FOX
KIRBY
LUIGI
MARIO
NESS
PIKACHU
JIGGLYPUFF

LINK, SAMUS, and YOSHI cannot escape it when under 30

Ill keep updating and I'll make a thread if this is legit

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
So, I made an account on that Japanese netsma site in order to post the Kansai tournament entrants. Since I signed up though, I figure I might as well try to use the site. I found Jouske's thread about playing boom and about his views on the differences between J and U. I scroll through the posts, and I find this (copied verbatim to here):

"Donkey Kong has advantage over every character in all SSB64 versions."

There is no escaping Kahnu's ****posting.

Sedda

Smash Champion
@ Kahnu Kahnu

are you sure that works? it seems like it would take too long for dk to get a dair out and land even if fast fallen before the opponent is out of range

Shears

Smash Master
"Oh forgive me DK for I have sinned; show mercy and grace upon me for my wrongful doings as a blue hat pika main. May your benevolence shine down upon me so that I may see the light of your ever lasting omnipotence."

With the enlightenment that DK is now God tier, this is the prayer we all must say before we indulge on the pleasantries of SSB64.

*replace "blue hat pika" with your character.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
RIP DK

WAIT couldn't you just drag them to the middle of DreamLand?

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I'll do it, PM me over skype
Nah, I'm going to do it on console so I can be sure. My mayflash has c-button delay so I'll want to do it on console to do more effective testing. i.e. jumping right before DK hits you with dair to hit the stage so you can tech roll.

I'm going to see if any characters can't escape it at certain percents, if it's legit of course.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Nah, I'm going to do it on console so I can be sure. My mayflash has c-button delay so I'll want to do it on console to do more effective testing. i.e. jumping right before DK hits you with dair to hit the stage so you can tech roll.

I'm going to see if any characters can't escape it at certain percents, if it's legit of course.
The key is, you grab them before they hit the ground again, so I've investigated that this only works 40% and higher on ANY character.
Also you can stop shorthopping after about 65% :)

BananaBolts

Considering Smash 4 gets an article every time someone makes a mediocre Youtube video, I think they could give 64 a little exposure for two, excellent articles. Pidge's article is perfect for motivating people to try a game that they previously thought to be impossible to get their hands on. The Grantland article is a freaking Grantland article! They write news about sports for the most part. That has to be a bigger deal than a community-made Youtube video.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

BananaBolts

I made a lengthy post to the Premium's social thread. Hopefully it will help because there's a lot of moderators that hang out there and even a few of the staff writers visit it too.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
LOL 64 IS NOT NEWS
SILLY PLEBS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol honestly the other communities are becoming cancerous. They won't put anything on thats not Melee or Smash 4. Barely ever, PM. Brawl and 64 on the other hand are ****ing screwed because they won't accept that its a smash game, it has a community, and it NEEDS, and WANTS new players. No matter how much the news writers think that Brawl and 64 aren't News-worthy.
Isn't that bias?
Anyways they shouldn't even give a ****, they don't profit off likes and views on a news articles, its made by the smashers, for the smashers. To not let us be on equal terms in the News Section is just bull****.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
It's not like the front page has anything else on it besides breaking news. I understand their reasoning. The first sentence is up there with on the most idiotic things I've read. @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA can you post a screenshot of just The Derrit's post? I want to use that with the Mic_128 screenshot for a good one-two punch of dumb.

I thought cobr was just being stubborn when he decided to stop writing articles. Now I understand.
Yea here it is:
image.jpg

After he read my reply he just left the convo, these writers are really making me mad, might as well call this
"Melee/Smash 4 Boards.com"

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Yea here it is:
After he read my reply he just left the convo, these writers are really making me mad, might as well call this
"Melee/Smash 4 Boards.com"
Oh **** this. Going to go contact him and do some other stuff.

Copying the post here as quite simply, it's going to be deleted by him. I'm also going to screen shot it to make sure.

Edit: Before I post this there, I plan on spreading this on Smashboards and Twitter. https://twitter.com/cabassog/status/577971271016681472/photo/1

http://smashboards.com/attachments/image-jpg.43350/ Makes sense that you are a Senator on here, you seem quite corrupt.
http://www.meleeitonme.com/i-want-to-get-into-smash-64-where-do-i-start/
http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...eating-at-the-super-bowl-of-super-smash-bros/

Because obviously smash 64 has nothing going for it.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
What a bunch of ****ing assholes holy ****

are you ****ing kidding me???

This is pretty funny considering that only high level 64 players actually ever visit Smashboards anymore. I thought this was home of competitive SSB.

Instead, they completely ignore Pidge's article and a ****ing GRANTLAND ARTICLE to report on Reggie's nip slip or whatever the **** will make their home page more appealing to filthy casuls

Madao

Lol honestly the other communities are becoming cancerous. They won't put anything on thats not Melee or Smash 4. Barely ever, PM. Brawl and 64 on the other hand are ****ing screwed because they won't accept that its a smash game, it has a community, and it NEEDS, and WANTS new players. No matter how much the news writers think that Brawl and 64 aren't News-worthy.
Isn't that bias?
Anyways they shouldn't even give a ****, they don't profit off likes and views on a news articles, its made by the smashers, for the smashers. To not let us be on equal terms in the News Section is just bull****.
I don't think the other communities are to blame, for this problem. I think you should just focus on the people who are involved.
Actually, I'm going beyond this, going to go make a reddit post concerning this and that hilarious post by Mic_128
If you're talking about that post from months ago, I think it would be better to leave it in the past. Same is true for other people, like Studstill.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I don't think the other communities are to blame, for this problem. I think you should just focus on the people who are involved.
If you're talking about that post from months ago, I think it would be better to leave it in the past. Same is true for other people, like Studstill.
Yeah, makes sense, just the recent stuff matters. I'm also not blaming any other community. You're right.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
i remember asking smashcapps for front page news with grantland and miom article three times and i never got a response

#newsrevolution

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Yea I did the same with a bunch of other writers when it was fresh and they ignored it except for like 2. Btw I'm 100% sure the other communities actually like us cause when there was a video about some peach video about smash 4, I was the first person there and I said "Where's the smash 64 news at?" And a whole bunch of people that don't even go on 64 boards actually likes my comment
Edit: See?
image.jpg

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
People don't know what they want. They want 64, but they just don't know it yet.

in all seriousness lets move to 4chan

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Gave my twitter a new coat of paint, i'm giving it another chance, check it out if you like, and if you want me to follow, put your twitter down! :3

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I'm not an english major and I would ask cobr but he's permabanned for life, but isn't "bias" the way @ THE_MAAFIA THE_MAAFIA used it grammatically correct? I could be wrong but I always thought "bias" was the formal past tense of "bias" and the use of "biased" was a more modern use of it that has only recently (past century) been adopted as acceptable english. Am I wrong? If so I have no problem admitting I'm not an english wizard but if I'm right doesn't that make @The Douche more of an idiot?

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
go upvote koro's post on reddit guys lets get it to the very top of the page. people need to know of this injustice. I've never been on the bandwagon of mod-hating in the past on this forum but this is pretty messed up

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
go upvote koro's post on reddit guys lets get it to the very top of the page. people need to know of this injustice. I've never been on the bandwagon of mod-hating in the past on this forum but this is pretty messed up

yozappity woh he knows gravity woh

i'll upvote

Top Bottom