• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
You could also try watching "Yami Shibai: Japanese Ghost Stories." It's quite good although you need a decent understanding of Japanese culture and tradition. I haven't finished all of it but there's no story line so it's great for just watching one episode before you go to sleep.

BananaBolts

I enjoy Adventure Time but I don't particularly like Regular Show.

Interestingly enough, Lady Rainicorn is speaking Korean and in Korea's translation of Adventure Time, she speaks English.
The same voice actress also does BMO's voice

Shears

Smash Master
Rick and Morty is really good. Fargo was a surprisingly funny and a well done show. I've never seen anime or dbz or any of that so I don't understand any of this anime talk.

Sedda

Smash Champion
are any of you watching parasyte other than the z?

i havent liked the last few episodes too much but im still holding on to hope

Sedda

Smash Champion
House of Cards is pretty good. imo, it gets a bit "cartoonish," but I can't tell you in what way without spoiling anything. The transition from how it starts to how they get to the end of season 2 is fairly smooth, so it's not like it's going to take you out of the experience. If you think about it too much, you might go "wait.. what?" but that isnt really the point of the whole thing.
That's been my long-term impression of the overall show, but it's really well shot, the characters/dialogue is great, the acting is amazing and the pacing is REALLY good.

10/10 would ****

edit: Think of the show as Emperor Palpatine's journey to power. The only difference is that House of Cards actually does it well.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I enjoy Adventure Time but I don't particularly like Regular Show.

Interestingly enough, Lady Rainicorn is speaking Korean and in Korea's translation of Adventure Time, she speaks English.
The same voice actress also does BMO's voice
adventure time social thread v1

Madao

are any of you watching parasyte other than the z?

i havent liked the last few episodes too much but im still holding on to hope
I still like it, although the pacing seems slower ;/ . Story did get weird, but still interesting.

One anime that fell off hard imo was Aldnoah .__. Anime has been pretty dry this season, anyone else feel that way?
adventure time social thread v1
That show is so lame ;/ . You need to watch quality shows like Kingdom :grin: .

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I still like it, although the pacing seems slower ;/ . Story did get weird, but still interesting.

One anime that fell off hard imo was Aldnoah .__. Anime has been pretty dry this season, anyone else feel that way?
That show is so lame ;/ . You need to watch quality shows like Kingdom :grin: .

Everything on TV is lame based Madao.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
this season is really **** but my running gag is saying the word 'anime' in here so i had to keep up appearances

jojos, saekano and durarara are the only things i care about

@ Sedda Sedda watch jojos because jojos

if you've watched it, watch it again

BananaBolts

My younger sister sucks at smash so I have to find ways to make the game easier for her and harder for me.

I'm pushing "don't get hit" to its limits here:

Settings: 200% knockback, Handicap 'on', no items, 5 stock
Handicap settings: I set my handicap to level 1. She sets hers to level 9.

Typically, a level 1 handicap lowers the knockback significantly but it manages to even out with 200% knockback so I do the same knockback as usual in a match (although I want 100% confirmation on this. I'll do some testing to see if the knockback is the same). As a result, I can combo normally as if there is no change on my end. On the other side, the 200% knockback paired with the level 9 handicap will make almost every move lethal.

It's going to help me learn how to space appropriately. I have to learn to stop trying to follow up on a move that doesn't have a guarantee follow-up. Eventually I'll need to fight a tougher opponent in this game type and experience different playstyles. There might a couple of bad habits to learn from this but it's not nearly as bad as fighting the CPU for practice.

Have fun playing around with this 'cause it's so much fun regardless. FYI, Link's boomerang and bomb kill in one hit... yikes

caneut

Smash Ace
My younger sister sucks at smash so I have to find ways to make the game easier for her and harder for me.

I'm pushing "don't get hit" to its limits here:

Settings: 200% knockback, Handicap 'on', no items, 5 stock
Handicap settings: I set my handicap to level 1. She sets hers to level 9.

Typically, a level 1 handicap lowers the knockback significantly but it manages to even out with 200% knockback so I do the same knockback as usual in a match (although I want 100% confirmation on this. I'll do some testing to see if the knockback is the same). As a result, I can combo normally as if there is no change on my end. On the other side, the 200% knockback paired with the level 9 handicap will make almost every move lethal.

It's going to help me learn how to space appropriately. I have to learn to stop trying to follow up on a move that doesn't have a guarantee follow-up. Eventually I'll need to fight a tougher opponent in this game type and experience different playstyles. There might a couple of bad habits to learn from this but it's not nearly as bad as fighting the CPU for practice.

Have fun playing around with this 'cause it's so much fun regardless. FYI, Link's boomerang and bomb kill in one hit... yikes
I don't see this translating well.

BananaBolts

Well at least it stresses safe attacking. There's a certain amount of pressure and nervousness to be found too. I understand that it doesn't translate for full on offensive changing to DI to save your life gameplay.

Edit: I don't intend to only play this game type. It's only for disciplinary reasons.

Last edited:

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Isai got as good as he his by playing 3 level nine dks over and over. Just do that.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's just me, but the luigi Kirby matchup seems like it's in Luigi's favor, any one else feel that way? Like I can either combo the crap out of Kirby, avoid up tilt, counter down air because of head butt (up smash has invincibility on head plus it's disjointed) and if I throw him off the stage, he's DEAD, I make him waist all his jumps by throwing fire balls high enough so he tries to avoid them, or mix em up so he gets hit, and if he recovers low I can just drill him to death
Any Kirby's wanna play me online some time after school? I'm really really curious and I think I'm getting crazy good against Kirby with Luigi

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Though I don't play Luigi or Kirby..

Luigi shouldn't be able to approach while Kirby can. Using laggy up smash to counter approaches doesn't sound like a wise strategy to me.

You're probably just outplaying these Kirby's significantly. Kirby controls the neutral game relatively easy. Luigi has early kills but vs a quality Kirby those openings are going to be very rare.

I don't play Kirby much but I'll play some with you.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Though I don't play Luigi or Kirby..

Luigi shouldn't be able to approach while Kirby can. Using laggy up smash to counter approaches doesn't sound like a wise strategy to me.

You're probably just outplaying these Kirby's significantly. Kirby controls the neutral game relatively easy. Luigi has early kills but vs a quality Kirby those openings are going to be very rare.

I don't play Kirby much but I'll play some with you.
Thanks @ Annex Annex !
Oh and @ S SheerMadness sure let's play!
EDIT: after school!
And with countering down air with up smash, it's pretty easy when you see him short hopping and attempting for one, I usually go for a second up smash cause the think they can down air me again, then I up air combo to up b
Btw, luigi has literally infinite Rest's and less time too, I abuse the crap out of it and it's hilarious, I don't know if this is a true combo but I did this to @ MrMarbles MrMarbles about 4 times on his pika, D-air in the middle of dream land, up b, land on top platform, up air, up b, and it's a kill

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Thanks @ Annex Annex !
Oh and @ S SheerMadness sure let's play!
EDIT: after school!
And with countering down air with up smash, it's pretty easy when you see him short hopping and attempting for one, I usually go for a second up smash cause the think they can down air me again, then I up air combo to up b
Btw, luigi has literally infinite Rest's and less time too, I abuse the crap out of it and it's hilarious, I don't know if this is a true combo but I did this to @ MrMarbles MrMarbles about 4 times on his pika, D-air in the middle of dream land, up b, land on top platform, up air, up b, and it's a kill
yeah thats a legit combo

Capos

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's just me, but the luigi Kirby matchup seems like it's in Luigi's favor, any one else feel that way? Like I can either combo the crap out of Kirby, avoid up tilt, counter down air because of head butt (up smash has invincibility on head plus it's disjointed) and if I throw him off the stage, he's DEAD, I make him waist all his jumps by throwing fire balls high enough so he tries to avoid them, or mix em up so he gets hit, and if he recovers low I can just drill him to death
Any Kirby's wanna play me online some time after school? I'm really really curious and I think I'm getting crazy good against Kirby with Luigi
I think it's more likely that you're much better than the people that you're playing, and you're misinterpreting the skill gap for a match up advantage.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i havent started jojos yet

i promise ill start tomorrow and we can talk about anime
for some reason i got in this weird mood today and started rewatching dragonball z lol. it's not even good but my inner 11 year old is telling me its the best

caneut

Smash Ace
Watch the abridged series on YouTube, much better in my opinion.
This 100x this. The abridged voices are pretty much better, jokes are funnier, and cuts 95% of the bull**** while still telling the complete dragonballz story.

It's funny because in english dub dbz, the voice actors and scriptors butchered the original script and had to force english dialogue into japanese lip syncs, but in abridged they edit it all and it's continuity is so smooth, teamfourstar does not get enough credit for what they do with abridged. I just hope after dbz they do dragon ball abridged.

Top Bottom