• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ah, beautiful, Madao mods both the boards and the game. Worthy appointment for the double entendre opportunities alone.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
ok im tired
heres pictures of slowpoke

QUICK MODS R COMING
HIDE

i'm happy outside mods wont interfere anymore
glad theres peace
:p

Last edited:

Madao

I think they only had to do it, because Sangoku needed help / quit. I think things should be fine now that certain people have been dealt with.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
They can be quite effective. I can't say I've paid attention to what people did to get room banned, but I see a lot less conflicts now.
but couldnt it just be solved by simply banning the people who start the conflicts?
cough studstill

Madao

but couldnt it just be solved by simply banning the people who start the conflicts?
cough studstill
It's not an easy thing to decide. If you're too strict, people will react in a negative way. If you're too lenient, the problem may never get solved. If the others can prove to the admins that they won't cause any more trouble, then they can come back.

I'm all ears for any suggestions.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I will have the last word.

Atleast there's peace now with Madao in the boards.

Last edited:

Capos

Smash Apprentice
It's not an easy thing to decide. If you're too strict, people will react in a negative way. If you're too lenient, the problem may never get solved. If the others can prove to the admins that they won't cause any more trouble, then they can come back.

I'm all ears for any suggestions.
Couldn't you start by banning the main problem, and if it turned out to be "too lenient" escalate from there?

Madao

Couldn't you start by banning the main problem, and if it turned out to be "too lenient" escalate from there?
Yes, that's how it should be. It's not always easy to decide though. Imo, some people would be fine if they didn't argue with specific people.

Really, I hope people stop escalating the problem. Some complaints people make, only make the problem worse. If anyone has anything to complain about, it should be constructive. I hope to see more positivity now :).

Morin0

Smash Lord
One day I will go to Sweden and will ask every single doctor there a frame related question about 64 and wait for their reaction. If it's a surprised reaction instead of a puzzled reaction, I will know it is our beloved Sangoku.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
One day I will go to Sweden and will ask every single doctor there a frame related question about 64 and wait for their reaction. If it's a surprised reaction instead of a puzzled reaction, I will know it is our beloved Sangoku.
here i am

The Star King

Smash Hero
You mean Switzerland?
Clearly I'm more devoted to Sangoku than you:happysheep:

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Who is twilight sparkle?... I mean, props to him but he made my Samus a disgrace... I mean it was pretty close but still... In the 2nd round he 3 stocked me and I couldn't take any more matches... Uhg he got in my head even though he was insanely nice :( This is the first time I've felt this terrible and now I'm questioning my mains... Sorry for venting, but it makes me feel better if I do, I hope this doesn't make me too sad or else I'll do bad at apex

Shears

Smash Master
Who is twilight sparkle?... I mean, props to him but he made my Samus a disgrace... I mean it was pretty close but still... In the 2nd round he 3 stocked me and I couldn't take any more matches... Uhg he got in my head even though he was insanely nice :( This is the first time I've felt this terrible and now I'm questioning my mains... Sorry for venting, but it makes me feel better if I do, I hope this doesn't make me too sad or else I'll do bad at apex
Just noticed your sig. A couple weeks later I was banned. Coincidence...

Sedda

Smash Champion
you mean m!nt?

you cant win all the time. just get better

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Just to add more salt on top of that: I'm pretty sure TS is a girl.

Get rekt.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Just noticed your sig. A couple weeks later I was banned. Coincidence...
Lol that made me smile
@ Saltsizzle Saltsizzle I don't care if your trying to pour more salt on me that made me smile also
@ Sedda Sedda That was Mint?? I've never Vs'ed her before, and yea I'm worried cause it's almost Apex 2015, but those matches actually drives me to play better, and she seamed extremely nice, I guess I was just too confident about myself, lol you guys really made my day :)

Morin0

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7e6fjpCUQ

The Star King

Smash Hero
The Youtube channel url is TwilightSmash... you guys go so far to be in denial lmao

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
dude
nah
we all suck when compared to somebody
if you want to you can come bop my dk sometime for the ego boost. it's free

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
dude
nah
we all suck when compared to somebody
if you want to you can come bop my dk sometime for the ego boost. it's free
lol nah thanks for the offer though :p funny thing is when I was way younger and Id lose bad against my older bro, he'd pick donkey to cheer me up, lol I don't know why it was always so funny for me to beat up Dk X3

caneut

Smash Ace
I forgot to ask earlier, but for what reason do you want Studstill unbanned? I thought you two didn't get along.
I'm more than happy with stud being banned. But I'm just saying there is an opportunity to be taken advantage of. Imagine studstill starting a fight, only having his own posts being edited by you to say the complete opposite of what he meant to say, and the hilarity that ensues.

Madao

I'm more than happy with stud being banned. But I'm just saying there is an opportunity to be taken advantage of. Imagine studstill starting a fight, only having his own posts being edited by you to say the complete opposite of what he meant to say, and the hilarity that ensues.
Lol that could be amusing, but I don't think it would end well. He'd probably get mad and cause more trouble, if that happened.

In order for anyone to get unbanned, they need to convince the admins.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
A guy is coming tomorrow to check to see why my internet connection is poop.

Should be on Kaillera within the next few weeks. It's about time too. I'm excited!

A new day has dawned in the 64 forums. Congrats, @ Madao Madao .

Congratulations on breaking the curse of being a madao and successfully ascending to the ranks of Madao-sama
I find your name to be humorous and completely opposite of your true self. This is for the curious:

"Madao" or 間陀男 is an abbreviation of the first syllables(of key words) "ma", "da", "o", in the Japanese character set
Here's the romaji for the the several meanings of "Madao"
  1. MAru de DAme na Ossan - Good-for-nothing old man
  2. MAjide DAsai Ossan - Really uncool old man
  3. MAssa ni DArusou na Oyaji - Uncool looking old man
  4. MAttaku DAraku****e Ossan - Really depraved old man
  5. MAttaku DAijoubu ja nai Okyaku - A customer who's really not alright
  6. MAtomo ni DAkaretakunai Otoko - Men no one wants to date
  7. MAttaku DAmesenai Otoboke - Fool who unconvincingly feigns ignorance
  8. MAssugu ikite mo DAinashi na jinsei na Ojiisan - Old man who lives as he wants but accomplishes nothing
  9. MAmuDApAO - Floating Log, Drifter, Freeter, Famicon and Sinking old man.

Top Bottom