• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
So I was messing around in training mode with luigi, and was practicing a few combos, what I'm sure every one knows is that luigi's up b can reach the top platform of dreamland, but what I noticed was some times he couldn't reach it, what I found out was, if you only hold up during up B, luigi has increased horizontal range and less vertical range, but when you hold the stick Up and Right while doing up B, his horizontal range decreases and his vertical range increases, I have never know this and I always thought mario/luigi's up B always had a set pass, I'm really happy I know this now ^-^

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
how 2:

get a ride for apex

[collapse=ty, ty]right now you're thinking, "mixa you lazy *******. you could have at least pasted a hbox/mango face on hitler's body for it to make sense" and that's when I tell you: that is not necessary. :013:[/collapse]

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Right now I'm thinking, "Mic you lazy *******. you could have at least closed the thread for all the hitler/nazi stuff" and that's when I tell you: show me that is not necessary.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
plain image of hitler without any connotation to it deemed inappropriate. who knew

in any case,
a locked social thread is my dream come true

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't think it's possible to display his image without connotation.

I did lock the social threads at some point not too long ago and I've never seen people whine that much afterwards.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
bad wording, but I meant without any specific connotation that would offend hearts, or make those übermensch weep in joy.
didn't know posting hitler versions of this was not ok

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Right now I'm thinking, "Mic you lazy *******. you could have at least closed the thread for all the hitler/nazi stuff" and that's when I tell you: show me that is not necessary.
you are a ******.

get the **** out of here

I don't think it's possible to display his image without connotation.
Are you ****ing german or something and cant have pictures of hitler on your website?
or was it just because it is kero

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Edit: this is getting tiring. I'm starting to consider letting you win and leave my position here. Both as a mod and a poster.

Not trying to pull out a Karajan by saying "either you do what I want, or I will do this and that.", but I'm just saying.

No need to answer with "do" or "don't" either.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
plain image of hitler without any connotation to it deemed inappropriate. who knew
Picture of Hitler with his name crossed out and 'Melee players' put on instead is inappropriate. Who knew?

you are a ******.

get the **** out of here
a locked social thread is my dream come true
Apparently it is necessary, and wanted! Everybody wins! See you this weekend!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Resume socializing.

Please, please, please follow the rules, lest something like this happen again. >.>

Seeing as Sangoku's MIA, I'll be moderating here until he comes back(?)

so... yeah

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Resume socializing.

Please, please, please follow the rules, lest something like this happen again. >.>

Seeing as Sangoku's MIA, I'll be moderating here until he comes back(?)

so... yeah
So just to be clear so we can all follow the rules... which dictators are appropriate and which are not? If I were to compare someone to Ghengis Khan would that be an infraction? Is Hitler only untouchable because some people who suffered at his hand are still alive? Which would mean Putin, Kim Jung Il/Un should also be untouchable...

What about public figures with bad reputations like O.J. Simpson, Ray Rice, or Miley Cyrus?

I'm not trolling, this is a legitimate question as per the rules:

If in doubt about whether some content is permissible under this rule, ask a moderator before posting it; posting something that you think is borderline or pushing the limits could result in your ban, so please do ask first if an image is treading a fine line.
I have not noticed any logical pattern in the censorship on this forum since I've been posting. So many things have been let go in the past, and many more insignificant things are censored. I'm just looking for a little clarity in this specific area.

To restate: Which historical and/or fictional figures are we not allowed to compare people to on this forum?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think it's less comparing people to a figure isn't allowed, and more comparing people to a figure with the intention to insult them that isn't allowed.

For example, if I say "clubbadubba is such a boss at 64, he's basically Isai!" that's obvs not an insult.

If you say, "Melee players are terrible, they're basically Hitler!" then that is.

It's worth mentioning that discussing terrible people like Hitler/Stalin/Putin/whoever is allowed though, as long as it's appropriate and not something offensive (ala "hitler did the world a favor" etc etc).

tehz

Smash Apprentice
mic_128.png

Victory's in sight, boys. Keep pushing!

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
For example, if I say "clubbadubba is such a boss at 64, he's basically Isai!" that's obvs not an insult.
that would be borderline flaming, though, as no one would take it seriously and instead see it as you making fun of clubba
depending on context ofc

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
that would be borderline flaming, though, as no one would take it seriously and instead see it as you making fun of clubba
depending on context ofc
Context is the main thing tbh, I was just using that as an example of a non-insult comparison.

Plus there are some people who would be offended at being compared to someone and others who wouldn't.

Like, I'd probably be offended being compared to Miley Cyrus, but maybe there are some people out there who would think it's a compliment.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
and maybe Miley Cyrus feels offended by being compared to you

it's almost as if people take days off to be offended on the internet

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
this thread is even worse than my entire posting history in the brawl boards

Top Bottom