• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
The pranked profile color looks so good with new smashboards, someone with premium should prank me c: pretty please

B Link

Smash Lord
@ B Link B Link Lol i was being a noob with Xsplit. I got it working btw. Bad news is that it only works for J version of smash, that's why you were seeing glitched numbers. I'm trying to see if I could edit the exe file, but I doubt I'll be able to.

Edit: I just made a gameshark code to change the address offset to match J version. I'm a genius :) .
Code:
810E1A2A E034
810EAA22 E034
810EAA1A E034
I've noticed a few things. One is that the number appears on the slot of the person getting hit. The combo count also is based on the number of times a specific person has been hit, so if you double team someone, it will show the combined count for that combo. Sadly it doesn't show when the count = 1. The reason why i think it should include 1 is because it lets you know when enemy is in hitstun.
Hey so the codes aren't working for me, I'm still getting the glitched numbers. Did you type them in correctly? It's supposed to get the counter to work on U version right?

EDIT: nvm I got it to work, but it shows glitched numbers for p3 and p4

I had to submit each line of code individually, rather than as a group

Also in the beginning it shows all 4 glitched numbers, until you get to vs mode, then the first two disappear LOL

Yeah I agree it should've shown 1. The application is so cool though that I don't really mind that much heh

Also, it's unfortunate it doesn't show wall combos or grab combos, but I'm guessing that that would be very difficult to do =P

Last edited:

Madao

Code:
Cheat91="Combo Counter Fix",810E1A2A E034,810EAA1A E034,810EAA22 E034
Cheat91_N=
This is what I have in my cht file. You have to leave it on before entering VS mode I think. I just leave it on the whole time. Another thing is, this only works in VS mode. The program was designed to only work for VS mode. Another thing is that the combo won't display 1, so nothing will be displayed until your combo count >= 2. Also as a reminder, the numbers are based off of how many hits the opponent took, not how many hits you landed on an opponent.

If this still doesn't work, let me know. For some reason nothing displayed until I switched to J version. Then after J version worked, I switched back to U version.

Madao

I got it to work. Do you see glitched numbers for p3 and p4 still?
Lol ya I forgot to mention that. Any player # that isn't in a match will have the glitched numbers. For some reason, if I froze the glitched number to the value of 0, the game crashed lol. So that's why I only made a code to change the address of the combo count variable.

Madao

I figured out a way to remove the p3 and p4 glitched numbers. I just used the crop feature on camelofilter, lol. It looks great now.
Nice job. Saves me the trouble of making a code to set the default #'s to 0.
I had to submit each line of code individually, rather than as a group

Also in the beginning it shows all 4 glitched numbers, until you get to vs mode, then the first two disappear LOL
Lol idk why you had to submit each code individually. I'm guessing editing the cht file in notepad is buggy, because I couldn't add the code from notepad :( . I still was able to put all 3 codes in 1 group. Also ya, my code only changes the way the game works in VS mode, so it won't make any changes that affect the game outside of VS mode.
Yeah I agree it should've shown 1. The application is so cool though that I don't really mind that much heh
Also, it's unfortunate it doesn't show wall combos or grab combos, but I'm guessing that that would be very difficult to do =P
I tried to see if i could edit the exe itself, but it's either packed or I just suck at finding things. I tried to make a fix for showing wall combos but there were some weird side effects. I still have a few ideas to try, but it's too much effort at this point. So I'm not going to bother attempting to fix it anytime soon. Actually now that I think about it, I did my debugging in training mode. Maybe VS mode will be different. I guess I'll do one last attempt, sometime this week.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i think we should reban smasher because he's not even an entertaining troll he's just stupid

imo

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
your insecurity is showing
Lmfao how am I insecure? Because I'm willing to 1v1 you to prove why I should be here? Okay then if you don't have anything relevant to say don't say ****.

Also why is madao liking your post? could someone ELABORATE on how I'm insecure for asking you to 1v1 if not don't share your opinions on me? Seriously, you should be banned but your premium so nobody will ban you since you wasted your dirty money on this website.

M!nt

Smash Champion
>Assuming anyone can actually see your profile
you see it on your posts too like see how soups name is blue, pranked would be pink.

hey soup how about using some of that dirty money and pranking me :)

Last edited:

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman

i win :)

okay mint i will
Really man, you are just mean. I don't have many friends on here and I was hoping we could play smash and be friends but people like you are just terrible. Grow up man, seriously.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not that I'm taking Smasher's side or something, but let's be real here

Ignoring someone never means you "win", ever

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i kind of agree with what smasher is saying about this community going to ****

there is very little actual discussion about the game outside the character threads, and some in-depth stuff in one or two threads, and that's a bad sign - the health of a forum community can usually be judged on the number of scrubby info threads, after all - plus i hear the US servers are dying? what's up with that?

whenever anyone says something out of line, the default response by most people will be a 'lol no get good' type thing ( im included in this), sometimes with a bit of elaboration as to why they are wrong (almost nobody except like sangoku and maybe a couple others are really responding properly)

more than half the threads i see right now are either stupid threads made to vent at mods, or tournament listings - it's just so fenced-in and hard to be a part of

there was once a time where i'd read absolutely everything on the board, but the huge increase of content that isn't interesting to someone outside the US/particular regions has really killed the forum for me (oh, and i have less time, that's a thing too)

Last edited:

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
i kind of agree with what smasher is saying about this community going to ****

there is very little actual discussion about the game outside the character threads, and some in-depth stuff in one or two threads, and that's a bad sign - the health of a forum community can usually be judged on the number of scrubby info threads, after all - plus i hear the US servers are dying? what's up with that?

whenever anyone says something out of line, the default response by most people will be a 'lol no get good' type thing ( im included in this), sometimes with a bit of elaboration as to why they are wrong (almost nobody except like sangoku and maybe a couple others are really responding properly)

more than half the threads i see right now are either stupid threads made to vent at mods, or tournament listings - it's just so fenced-in and hard to be a part of

there was once a time where i'd read absolutely everything on the board, but the huge increase of content that isn't interesting to someone outside the US/particular regions has really killed the forum for me (oh, and i have less time, that's a thing too)
I think the obvious solution is we need more Sangokus. As soon as cloning on a mass scale becomes feasible, I will fly to the wasteland that is Europe, kidnap Sangoku, and clone him.

Sangoku

Smash Master
The problem with me is that the european night corresponds to a period of high activity in the boards... So I always come too late and super mods/senators have done my job.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
The problem with me is that the european night corresponds to a period of high activity in the boards... So I always come too late and super mods/senators have done my job.
a mod who actually cared would spend 24/7 keeping these forums safe

how do you even live with yourself

you're honestly pathetic

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
90% of smashboard's threads are about tournaments which isn't a bad thing, I just wish people would talk about smash more. Player tier list and funny kaillera moments were my favorite threads and now they're dead. Discussions about online vs console were entertaining. IDK, maybe its just me but these forums aren't as interesting as they used to be.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^I agree with Gav.

It's happened.

3/21/14

Seriously though. I don't really chime in the matchup discussions for my own reasons. But I loved reading those threads about taunts and btts and online tiers and nerdy crap like that. Funny since I also noticed the trend of peeps quitting online and now the boards are just a corkboard type forum for console tourneys. Which isn't bad and I'm happy that people are supporting their local events blah blah, but the online player were really the ones that kept the boards hype in the days of hype.

Be careful what you wish for I guess :/

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
90% of smashboard's threads are about tournaments which isn't a bad thing, I just wish people would talk about smash more. Player tier list and funny kaillera moments were my favorite threads and now they're dead. Discussions about online vs console were entertaining. IDK, maybe its just me but these forums aren't as interesting as they used to be.
The last time someone tried to make a player tier list it got locked by MODS from outside of the 64 section. Sure the older threads still exists but they're made by people who aren't around much anymore (I think) to edit the OP.

onmy.

Smash Cadet
Lmfao how am I insecure? Because I'm willing to 1v1 you to prove why I should be here? Okay then if you don't have anything relevant to say don't say ****.

Also why is madao liking your post? could someone ELABORATE on how I'm insecure for asking you to 1v1 if not don't share your opinions on me? Seriously, you should be banned but your premium so nobody will ban you since you wasted your dirty money on this website.
you're*

gotta ragequit with proper grammar, young chap

in other news, is anyone currently awake and want to play netplay? I'm on a nocturnal schedule and no one is awake

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | ѕoup

the reasons the forums are dead is because it's really hard to discuss a 15 year old game that isn't like brawl or melee which has a consistent evolving metagame and a larger community to create more topics

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

yeah but look what we have to deal with now, at least back in the day we didn't look like a bunch of clowns with constant jokethreads and trollbait, even if smasher was stating honesty in that post of his he did in the most facetious manner

M!nt

Smash Champion
Smasherx74 said:
This section needs a lot of work done, we need to ban all these kids who just want to talk **** like Mint and Soup. They don't even play this game competitively like 4 or 5 people here do, with me included
wait, what did I do :c Also i'm probably on the server more than anyone here, I just use different names.

a lot of people agree with you OP, they just don't post here. i've heard numerous players that say they're interested in ssb64 that specifically avoid this forum. it just is what it is.
That's kind of a rude thing to say considering you aren't even a part of this section >:C

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
wait, what did I do :c Also i'm probably on the server more than anyone here, I just use different names.
^ Stop this

Every time I feel like playing I end up playing someone who I'm 99% sure is an alt. What's the point? I like to know who I'm playing and I will kick anyone after 1 game if they're an alt. It's pretty obvious that people use alts to either troll or because they are afraid of losing and ruining their reputation.

Top Bottom