• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've seen boomfan do that
If you mean you saw him do the Spectre Walk, then I doubt it. It has to be frame perfect and precise: alternating between 8 and 0 in a direction every frame. Something easier to do (and still fun to watch) is a quick crouch/walk alternance.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
If you mean you saw him do the Spectre Walk, then I doubt it. It has to be frame perfect and precise: alternating between 8 and 0 in a direction every frame. Something easier to do (and still fun to watch) is a quick crouch/walk alternance.
The N64 controller uses optics to determine how far you have moved the stick. You can get the stick to where the sensor gets right between the slits on the disk, and so the sensor alternates between the two (randomly?). But it would be alternating between 7 and 8 I guess as opposed to 8 and 0.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I guess you're right, I don't know how the controller works. Wouldn't it still be to precise to do? If not, it could be cool to be able to do it half-consistantly.

M!nt

Smash Champion
So much snow here its weird, we like never get snow.

Also last day of this semester, just took my last exam sooooo happy! c:

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Anyone want to go play smash in japan the last week of feburary / first week of march? I'm going to talk to the japanese players about housing / transportation, and I know there is supposed to be a tournament around that time. I'll be in the country anyways

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Anyone want to go play smash in japan the last week of feburary / first week of march? I'm going to talk to the japanese players about housing / transportation, and I know there is supposed to be a tournament around that time. I'll be in the country anyways
If you mean the Kansai tourney, it doesn't seem to happen in the first week of March:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
ZeRo talking to M2K on stream while a 64 match begins:

zero: what is this?
m2k: now I have to borrow more 64 controllers
zero: I played Korobeniki on uh... 64
m2k: wat
zero: I played Korobeniki on 64
m2k: played who
zero: koro-beniki
m2k: I don't know who that is

needs more wiki articles

——————————
source: https://mediacru.sh/CZZBQOPNrEVB

The Star King

Smash Hero
ZeRo talking to M2K on stream while a 64 match begins:

zero: what is this?
m2k: now I have to borrow more 64 controllers
zero: I played Korobeniki on uh... 64
m2k: wat
zero: I played Korobeniki on 64
m2k: played who
zero: koro-beniki
m2k: I don't know who that is

needs more wiki articles
That reminds me of this one Melee match that had commentary that went something like this:

Prog: "Our condolences to Mew2King, Sensei, and bloodpeach."
D1: "Who's bloodpeach?"
Prog: "It's bloodpeach, man. bloodpeach."
D1: "Who?"
Prog: "bloodpeach."
D1: "You don't know who he is either, do you?"

Of course I can't find the video.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
That reminds me of this one Melee match that had commentary that went something like this:

It's been 4 months, but it feels like just yesterday Sensei was still here in our lives.

RIP Will "Sensei" Engel
There was also some black guy that no one cared about

mixa

Banned via Warnings

Haha, I kinda wanna find that now.

Added video source of mine. For posterity.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Just had a dream that me, Cobr, and the Star King were rollerskating time traveling vigilante crime fighters that skated to the future in search of Smash 4: The Remake of SSB 64.

I think I might be done with afternoon naps for a while.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
The same way he looks in real life.

He was a really jacked biker-looking fellow with a thick beard and several tattoos.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
so i went to my hot ass german professor's office earlier to take a test

after praising me for how good i was at german she was all like, i definitely think you should take german 2, you'd do really well

then i was all like, IDK, german requires a lot of studying and besides, i don't know what you're talking about, i'm not very good at all

then she was all like, no no you're really great, and plus, it's not like you're required to take another language course, right? so who really cares what grade you'd get? i really want you in my class next semester

i really want you in my class next semester

omg guys

she's practically begging for the D

i'm so in

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
so i went to my hot *** german professor's office earlier to take a test
after praising me for how good i was at german she was all like, i definitely think you should take german 2, you'd do really well

then i was all like, IDK, german requires a lot of studying and besides, i don't know what you're talking about, i'm not very good at all

then she was all like, no no you're really great, and plus, it's not like you're required to take another language course, right? so who really cares what grade you'd get? i really want you in my class next semester

i really want you in my class next semester

omg guys

she's practically begging for the D

i'm so in
No the reason she said that is because you're not required to take another language course.

Why is this the reason?

Because almost no one else needs to take another language course either.
If she doesn't get enough students to sign up for that class, the college will not offer it, and then thats a course that she isnt teaching which means she won't get paid as much.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
No the reason she said that is because you're not required to take another language course.

Why is this the reason?

Because almost no one else needs to take another language course either.
If she doesn't get enough students to sign up for that class, the college will not offer it, and then thats a course that she isnt teaching which means she won't get paid as much.

or

she wants the D

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Big man who plays a broken character. Take that away, what are you?
Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, backflipping master.

Top Bottom