• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
thanks it's a standard raccoon not a ****ing fox what kind of ****ing prick do you think i' would be picking a goddamn fox as my fuvking avatar

M!nt

Smash Champion
I'm waiting for one day when i see a post of yours not full of swears. i'll keep on searching.

also racoons are way cooler/cuter than foxes. they're like little silly bandits!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
just read through social thread, at least half of my posts are swearless

i'm not going to be allowed to commentate at apex with my filthy mouth SORRY MINT or should i say MMMMMMMMMMMM! nnnt

http://s120.photobucket.com/user/Cobrevolution/media/WP_20130909_002_zpsb22880f2.mp4.html - here's me playing tetris, i use one hand because i broke my arrow keys from playing too much and had to learn how to use wasd and edited my controls accordingly, apparently this is weird cuz all the other people use two hands, but whatever **** them

and this is my comeback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVanhG83UgY

apparently stranded tells people about me

mixa

Banned via Warnings
earlier today I saw a baby owl
I was passing by a cone-shaped ant hill when I saw this tiny thing on the grass, just standing there
I halted my movement and we exchanged stares for good ten seconds, then I went on my way
but before I could move too far I looked back at it
it was a rather beautiful image, the baby owl was just standing still with great discipline, gazing into the ant hill, which was at least four times higher

reminded me of Kero

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I think SK's link dove into this topic a bit. Or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero. Anyway, here's my attempt at an explanation:

Basically the number zero was invented because it makes it easier to think about math when you have zero. It's possible to do math where you only have 1 2 3 4 etc but then you get stuck with questions like what is 4-4? And this is a question that can come up pretty easily in real life (if I have 4 apples and you steal 4 of them then how many apples do I have?) so coming up with a number called 0 allows me to think more easily about these questions.

It's really the same reason that we invented negative numbers, rational numbers, real numbers, and complex numbers. It's just that the need for the number 0 is a lot more obvious than the need for i or 7/3 or -57
It's also worth mentioning we have invented every single type of number.
Imagine trying to solve every quadratic without zero, it's impossible. So zero becomes a necessity in algerbra. Same applies for fractions and negative numbers.
Eventually they got to equations that still couldn't be solved so that's how imaginary numbers came about.

We can now solve every algerbraic equation so there's no need to invent more numbers.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
nah **** vince. he's just got speed and sz stacking. 805k marathon? come on now. at least break 850...

i also hate arena because of lag and single knockout bull**** and targeting. it's pretty weak. i'd much prefer battle style, except live. alas.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

My bud got me two replacement sticks for my N64. My falcon has to get used to actually being able to move, but I'm able to do everything I want to do with most every other character. It will take some getting use to, but I'm liking it a lot.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
So I went to a smashfest for Melee the other day, and I brought in my 64 on request from a couple people. They implied they weren't too bad, but then when we played I consecutively 4-5 stocked everyone who played me with my Yoshi, and after about 40 minutes everyone went back to playing Melee and the setup was abandoned. :(

I'm in that awkward place where I wreck people who don't really know what they're doing, but I get wrecked by anyone who does! What do? Maybe a practice session with someone nearby or something, since I really hate online lag.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
You should have picked characters you're bad with. People aren't going to be really motivated to play 64 if one guy just demolishes everyone with his main. Maybe give tips and help to players who aren't as good and have them play each other.

Sangoku

Smash Master
In a ****ing google spreadsheet how do I write a fraction without this ************ changing it to a date? Like 6/7 being changed to 6/7/2013.

Edit: nevermind I will just write 6 since it's always 7 anyway.

Vale

Smash Ace
On Google Documents, a ' will also work and doesn't require as much typing.

Annex

Smash Ace
M2K in his Reddit AMA introduction said:
I play Project M and 64 too, and I currently like Project M a lot more than 64 (because the way I play 64 with Kirby makes the game lame for everybody including myself. I only use Kirby because he's cheap and I don't want to practice tech skill in that game.

Thoughts?

Shears

Smash Master
In a ****ing google spreadsheet how do I write a fraction without this mother****er changing it to a date? Like 6/7 being changed to 6/7/2013.

Edit: nevermind I will just write 6 since it's always 7 anyway.

Why did you choose to come to smashboards for help and not google? You are so bad at using the internet geez.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It's also worth mentioning we have invented every single type of number.
Imagine trying to solve every quadratic without zero, it's impossible. So zero becomes a necessity in algerbra. Same applies for fractions and negative numbers.
Eventually they got to equations that still couldn't be solved so that's how imaginary numbers came about.

We can now solve every algerbraic equation so there's no need to invent more numbers.

eh, people can still invent more numbers. just the uses of these new invented numbers will be more esoteric.

More examples are cardinal numbers, ordinal numbers, hyperreal numbers, surreal numbers (first described in 1974, which is pretty recent in math terms) etc.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
rutgers personal statement: tell us about yourself, your goals, why you're interested in pursuing your degree and why here, you know, that sorta thing.

iowa personal statement: why do you want to pursue graduate study? what kind of research do you want to do afterward? what kind of goals do you hold for the future?

syracuse personal statement: WHAT ARE YOUR ACADEMIC INTERESTS? WHY DO YOU WISH TO STUDY FOR THIS DEGREE? WHY SYRACUSE? HOW DO YOU PLAN TO PAY FOR THIS? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER YOU ACQUIRE THIS DEGREE? WHAT ARE YOUR GENERAL ACADEMIC PLANS? 500 WORDS OR LESS!

brown personal statement: "upload your personal statement here."

son of a ****

Sangoku

Smash Master
http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/tipsandfaqs/qt/divide_excel.htm

First link on google when searching "how to divide numbers in spreadsheet".

Google search: 0.28 seconds
Time from when you posted question to when reply was posted with correct answer: 32 minutes

Again, you are so bad at using the internet. You should be impeached.

10geezchars
Oh yeah it was totally intuitive to ask another question that what I wanted. I didn't want to "divide" a number at all, I wanted it to NOT change what I write. So thanks for your useless answer. Also you're really annoying in everything you say so I'll ignore you, don't bother answering (or do it because I know how hard it is not to answer and I won't read nor answer back).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
For a moment there I wanted to read an Aesop fable featuring a fox and a samus. I wonder how that would go.

Top Bottom