• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Vale

Smash Ace
I just now realised how much more fun this game is when you and your opponent are evenly matched.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I had to sing the ponkemon rap to remember some of them.

I had to look up how to spell victreebel, I also always misspell gyarados

Oh yeah what do you guys think about x and y and mega evolutions?

some already seem incredibly OP, others seem not worth the mega spot, and others are probably going to carve certain niches since no other pokemon quite fills their role

Mega Charizard X and Mega Ampharos for instance are the only legal Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric types, respectively. I prefer Y to X tho for Charizard, it's incredibly powerful.

Mega Ampharos is someone that a lot of people are overlooking, maybe for good reason, but I want to try. It's one of 3 usable dragon TR users and it's bulk is quite respectable.

Mega Manectric seems cool with dat speed and snarl+intimidate+volt switch is wonderful for doubles. I wish it had more bulk, though. It's design looks so sad though, like a chimera straight out of a lab.

I'm probably also going to build a doubles team around Mega Abomasnow and see how that goes

asianaussie

Smash Hero
dont bash manectric man, i have loved that dude ever since i first evolved it in sapphire (idk why i just do)

the fact that he's so good now makes me tingly

clubbadubba

Smash Master
oh man kero I wish I got to play him. Think you can finagle money matches vs everyone else too? Tell him to come to one of the december tournaments in NJ, and he can fund all of our travel expenses.

M!nt

Smash Champion
aww i was happy I had a bunch of alerts and then it was just that spammer guy :c

mixa

Banned via Warnings
there really should be an option to disable the 'who liked this' bar.

also, I've just seen an amusing edgeguard. Pika on Fox. Fox did the vertical edge DI and still got wrecked immediately, haha!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
that's what i've found useful about pika dsmash. it worked on a yoshi too - front hit took away armor, back hit had sufficient knockback to push yoshi away from the ledge.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
King of the Jungle
An online tournament hosted by KeroKeroppi
The objective of this tournament is simple. What is the coolest animal? I have chosen 16 objectively awesome animals to be the participants of this tournament. Each round several animals will face off in a coolness battle. The winner of the battle is determined by none other than YOU. Once the matches are posted for a round, you will have a given voting period to vote who the winner is. Voting is simple. Just chose whatever animal you think is cooler! You can be as subjective as you want. And although it is strongly encouraged, you do not need to support your vote by any means. Please post your votes in the following format:

Animal X vs. Animal Y: Animal X​
(In the event that Animal X is the winner)​
There are thousands and thousands of awesome animals. I chose very vague animal titles in an attempt to sum of the essence of various similar animals. The participants of this tournament will be:

The Rhinoceros
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Koala Bear
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Panther
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Gorilla
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Shark
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Lion
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Komodo Dragon
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Chewbacca
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Eagle
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Crocodile
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Kangaroo
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Bear
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Snake
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Wolf
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Penguin
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Bull
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

This tournament is double elimination. Each round with exception to Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand finals will have a 48 hour voting period. Winners finals and Losers finals will have a 72 hour voting period. Grand Finals will have a 96 hour voting period.

Let's have a nice, clean tournament boys. We're in this to have fun. Friendly debate is encouraged. Respect the views of your peers.

Round 1 starts immediately and will end on November 21st at 11:59:59 p.m.
Any votes posted after any given voting period will NOT be registered.
Let the games begin!

Round One

Matches:
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
Results:

To be determined.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
KOMODO kills bull. chewbacca does not exist therefore he loses. panther wrecks kangaroo. gorilla breaks penguin's neck. shark beats water snake. crocodile would take out a lion. rhino ***** koala. eagle wins because flight and eye pecks.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Where the **** is the mother****ing ELEPHANT? I'm done with this kid.

EDIT: CHEWBACCA? gfjra;lkgjt;lkgjvkldszjk;lhtrsz

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ my guess is lazy elephant doesn't go to tournaments. so he didn't get seeding for this one.
a lot to learn from the elephant............. anyway

Komodo vs Bull: Komodo.
Wolf vs Chewbacca: Wolf - I don't really know what's this chewbacca thing.
Kangaroo vs Panther: bad seeding, I guess Kangaroo because of coolness. It'd lose in a fight. ):
Gorilla vs Penguin: Penguin - It's like DK vs a Fox with long wavedashes, unless they've struck to Desert Land, Penguin wins.
Shark vs Snake: cobr - seems like a weird match-up.
Crocodile vs Lion: Crocodile
Rhinocerus vs Koala: Koalas have more mindgames (no empirical evidence)
Bear vs Eagle: Eagle - can camp all day&night throwing nuts from above.

It depends on where they're fighting, too.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Did you know that generating the pools for "Bracket pools" with a seeded list of players is LITERALLY the SAME thing as having ONE BRACKET. So stop calling them bracket pools.

Vale

Smash Ace
@animal contest
the lack of golden frog (or any frog) is lame
komodo dragon for overhyped tier. (i wrote a research report on them in like 9th grade, so i'm basically an expert)
that being said, bull wins
wolf wins because star fox (round 1 doesn't need good reasons)
kangaroos are pretty cool, almost as good as frogs
Penguins, because emperors.
toss up for part e, but i'll go with snake
crocodile because lion king was boring
rhinoceros, no contest
bears are the #1 threat to america, so i have to go with the eagle

@project m trailer,
yoshi for SSSSSSS tier, jumping out of shield too pro
ice climber grab combos look great
will be maining mewtwo
don't really care about turbo mode, but looks cool
alt costumes, on the other hand, are the most hype
is that super long flat stage playable?

Sedda

Smash Champion
Nobody cares about Apex pools guys. There's an animal tournament going on right now.

BTW, way to pick that ****ty snake, Kero. It's like choosing Brawl Falcon over SSB Falcon.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
That flat stage reminds me eerily of a worse graphics version of the already bland Street Fighter IV training stage.

Also: Best joke profile in a little while

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
King of the Jungle
The objective of this tournament is simple. What is the coolest animal? I have chosen 16 objectively awesome animals to be the participants of this tournament. Each round several animals will face off in a coolness battle. The winner of the battle is determined by none other than YOU. Once the matches are posted for a round, you will have a given voting period to vote who the winner is. Voting is simple. Just chose whatever animal you think is cooler! You can be as subjective as you want. And although it is strongly encouraged, you do not need to support your vote by any means. Please post your votes in the following format:

There are thousands and thousands of awesome animals. I chose very vague animal titles in an attempt to sum of the essence of various similar animals. The participants of this tournament will be:

The Rhinoceros
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Koala Bear
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Panther
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Gorilla
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Shark
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Lion
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Komodo Dragon
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Chewbacca
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Eagle
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Crocodile
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Kangaroo
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Bear
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Snake
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Wolf
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Penguin
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Bull
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

This tournament is double elimination. Each round with exception to Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand finals will have a 48 hour voting period. Winners finals and Losers finals will have a 72 hour voting period. Grand Finals will have a 96 hour voting period.

Let's have a nice, clean tournament boys. We're in this to have fun. Friendly debate is encouraged. Respect the views of your peers.

Let the games begin!

Round One
Matches:
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
Results:
To be determined.
wait this tourney is jank, shouldn't there be some RR pools to determine seeding?

Annex

Smash Ace
BULL ALL DAY (though outclassed by Muskox in every respect)
Chewey
Kangaroo I guess
DK
Shark...? They're both awful though.
K.Rool
This is the only tough choice in the entire bracket. After much deliberation I'm going koala
This is the EASIEST choice on the entire bracket. A ****ty sounding, dumb-looking carcass-snatching bottom feeder or a badass fish-snatching *****-******?

How about no?
How about this is the hypest **** on the boards

Shears

Smash Master
The hitbox quizz!

Which character and which attack do the following hitbox frames correspond to?

1) Is that some kind of insect?

2) Is that Bruce Lee?

3) Too easy!

4) Wtf is that?

5) Too easy!

6) Some invincible victory pose!

7) Hitting below the platform

If you wish to participate, please don't go look up the Frame Display program, this is all just for fun!

Let's do it this way:
-Answer by sending me a PM, that way nobody will get inspiration from other posts! Every answer posted here will be deleted and will nullify your participation, so be careful!
-I'll make a summary tomorrow with everyone's answers and everyone's points!
-Each question has 2 or 3 points max. 1 for the character, 1 for the attack, and 1 for additional info when needed (such as angled attacks and such).

Who will have the best score? Will someone get 7/7?

Stop spamming the message boards with your nonsense.

10irresponsiblechars

Shears

Smash Master
King of the Jungle

The Rhinoceros
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Koala Bear
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Panther
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Gorilla
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Shark
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Lion
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Komodo Dragon
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
Chewbacca
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Eagle
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Crocodile
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Kangaroo
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Bear
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Snake
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Wolf
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Penguin
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
The Bull
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

Let the games begin!

Round One
Matches:
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
Results:
To be determined.

Wasn't there a thread like this that was locked?

Komodo
Chewy (For anyone who loves Chewy, I encourage them to watch the Star Wars Holiday Spectacular. Its a sci-fi classic)
Kangaroo
Penguin
Shark
Lion
Rhino
Freedom Bald Eagle

Sangoku

Smash Master
1st my post is smash related so I don't see how it is spamming.

2nd we are in the social thread which is supposed to be more lenient.

3rd it's not very clever of you to call me out on spamming and double posting just after...

Top Bottom