• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
They say when a move is stale, you need to do 3 other moves in order to unstale it. I think there are several level of staleness (the total number depends on the move) and each time you repeat the attack, you go to the next level of staleness and each time you do another attack, you decrease one level. So with Falcon if you uair twice, you need to bair (for example) once to have the uair unstale.

Slide DI isn't done by moving the controller in a 90° motion, but the goal is just to register two different directions within two frames. For example 128;45 then 128;-45. But the least you can do is a difference of 40 in the y-direction, ie 128;20 then 128;-20. This is the best right DI you can have.

Chan: it was battlecow's great idea to give these names to falcon and his upb.
Sangoku: That's the way staleness works in melee, but for most moves, I'm fairly sure that you can only stale it once and that it takes up to three moves to unstale it (there was a post by some new guy a while back that did a better job; it depends on percent dealt).

Then again, you're the guy who's always testing stuff, so I'm scratching my head. Have you tested this or are you just saying?
I'm not testing this right now, but I'm pretty sure for e.g. falcon bair that there's 3 levels of staleness: 1) Not stale 2) Fully stale 3) Half stale

If you use falcon bair it will become fully stale. If you then use dair, the bair will move to half stale. If you then use fair it will move back to not stale.

So I'm pretty sure there are multiple levels of staleness. It might even be that staleness for low damage moves (e.g. jab) is the same, just that something gets rounded up/down so that it looks like there are only two levels.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Anyone knows Tenjou Tenge? I watched the anime long ago and I was considering trying to start the books. However I don't know if it adds anything. I mean I think it's one episode for one book, so did they left a lot of things from the book or is it the same?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im assuming you mean the manga series

no idea how the anime stacks up, but after being utterly unenthralled by the books i wasnt gonna give it a go

read one piece instead, or ikki tousen if you really need your fix of martial arts + highschool girls

kys

Smash Ace
I would like to take the time, on this wonderful Friday night, to reiterate the FACT that Congo is indeed Falcon's best stage. Good night.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think you guys mean "cheeseball341".

I also got a friend request from that guy but I denied it lol (not sure what friends are even for (on Smasboards))

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I come back and we're talking about ANIME again

typicalsocialthread

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
idk i skimmed and heard aa talking about anime and assumed we were back to anime discussion

also i know that

Olikus

Smash Champion
I thought much more people would follow up with answers as YouTube songs. Slightly dissapointed I must say.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I learned not to click on youtube links that are not in the video section, since it always ends up to be something uninteresting and non smash related.

The Real Sykes

Smash Apprentice

The Star King

Smash Hero
i think bcow is onto something but is slightly off

i forgot what was said about that combo, but it rings a bell

No, he wasn't on to something, we talked about it in the stream. He thought I was posting a new combo and he knew he saw it before so he thought I copied it from you/Ricky, but then he realized I was posting an old video and that's why he saw it already. lol

Also Ricky made a combo based off of it in his old channel

SSBPete

Smash Lord
im not sure what the online situation will be like, but ill try my hardest to get it set up

id be happy to travel anywhere within a few hours of brooklyn to play some real smash, though!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Daaamn, ny people don't do him like that!

EDIT: If you manage to get online ssb going I'm sure u can get galaxy players to use the ny server or west wonderland at the least

clubbadubba

Smash Master
im not sure what the online situation will be like, but ill try my hardest to get it set up

id be happy to travel anywhere within a few hours of brooklyn to play some real smash, though!

if by a few hours, you mean 4, then you should come visit the DC area. me, star king, A$, and apparently nintendude now?

yea btw nintendude where you at?

malva00

Smash Master
the Peruvian tourney is in Lima. gohan heard that the only Tacna players there are Alvin, Gustavo and Gustavo's friend

Top Bottom