• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've successfully found a fighting game for the N64 game deeper than SSB64. It's called Rakuga Kids. It was never released in America, but Europe was lucky enough to get a release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agMt0vKn6-8

I've been playing the EU version of the rom. Its potential seems unlimited.

I think we should have a board dedicated to it. Its metagame obviously hasn't evolved one bit, this deep fighter is ripe for the picking. Anyone trying to dispute its depth is either a troll or delusional. Shall we start making the petition?

P2P Rakuga Kids anyone?

inb4 cool story bro

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Looks like some sort of mind control game @___@. Doesn't look half bad though.

If we had a board for every cool game out there this wouldnt really be smashboards though =o.
So petition would be a no go. You could make a thread about it though in the lighthouse.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
Could you troll more?

Seriously, if you can't see the sheer depth and possible mind games involved, you're blind.

Good idea though.

Zen Yore

Smash Ace
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, North America, Earth
no johns reminds me of something funny
back in the times i didnt know x74 was an arsehole

i play smasher and win
"gg"
- omg this is my first game today!!
"ok..."
-thats why you won dumasss
"wtf i didnt complain about anything, you dont seem to understand"
- what you dont understand is this : FIRST GAME
"sigh"
*kicks*

since that day smasher hates me to death and keeps talking trash about me like "waw zenyore i pwn that noob a million times" rofl

rpotts

Smash Lord
You can haz it, all you need is a piece of paper that says billy mays, tape, and a keyboard and voila! BillyMayzboard

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Um...technical skill is alright, but it's a CPU. It keeps running into your attacks. Plus it kept falling into a tornado. Didn't really prove anything, but I'm sure you can adapt to a human player.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Why even bother uploading this. What are you trying to prove? There are clearly better videos out there of Fox in-match, and Fox comboing.

If you're looking for praise, you're not going to get it from anyone.

If you're looking for critique, please say so in your post.
Unfortunately it's impossible to critique your gameplay vs. a level 9 because they are stupid and predictable and not human, so if critique is indeed what you're looking for then it's time to upload some real matches.

If you're just throwing it here for ****s and giggles I either don't believe you or you have too much time. :chuckle:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Why even bother uploading this. What are you trying to prove? There are clearly better videos out there of Fox in-match, and Fox comboing.

If you're looking for praise, you're not going to get it from anyone.

If you're looking for critique, please say so in your post.
Unfortunately it's impossible to critique your gameplay vs. a level 9 because they are stupid and predictable and not human, so if critique is indeed what you're looking for then it's time to upload some real matches.

If you're just throwing it here for ****s and giggles I either don't believe you or you have too much time. :chuckle:
This is what the internet does to good people o.o

:p

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
This is what the internet does to good people o.o

:p
LOL

Yes. I see too much of this "hey look at me" attitude everywhere. It's not just Smash. I'm a musician and spend a lot of time using sites where people can upload their music and critique each other etc. and you get the same kind of attitude there as well. Some guy throws a bunch of Garageband loops together and expects to have groupies by the end of the day.

Gimme a break.

So, I'm sorry for the cynical approach to that video you posted, tman999, but you must understand the nature of the internet and Smash. I would have the same reaction if you came up with an acoustic guitar on open mic night and sang "Wonderwall."

On the other hand, the "hey look at me" attitude is actually very useful if you do it right, and come from a place of confidence rather than one seeking validation. This usually requires that you are very skilled at whatever it is you're showing off :p

Superstar

Smash Champion
Sometimes its good to post stuff as a "tell me how I did" thing, but he really gave no indication of that.

Meanwhile I got a game engine all in the making, but since I don't have any really good spriters I need to learn how to sprite myself. Which isn't quite so easy =/

Top Bottom