• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What if we get a double reveal?
I doubt it tbh. It's possible but 3 minutes really isn't enough time for 2 reveals back to back + the message Sakurai has(assuming that counts for the 3 minutes anyway)

Will likely be hanging out in the Discord VC tomorrow morning anyway. What happens will happen lol

D

Deleted member

I can see it, but honestly it’s likely a coincidence.
that's what I'm thinking too. Nintendo isn't the kind of company that would hint at who the fighter is through some form of subtle puzzle, especially when they'll just reveal it in the morning anyway. It's like opening christmas presents at 11pm the day before Christmas: just not worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Tonight begins the spooky movie marathon for me.

I'm buckling down and improving my movie list. I will swap genres entering November and every month from here on out. October will be "horror" themed. I'm not sure if my body is ready. xD

D

Deleted member

Trailer opens up tomorrow and this starts playing:

How do you react?
"LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Phoenix Wright is one of my most wanted characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

DEMON GATOR

Episode Title: "Demon Gator"
Subject matter: Two-Toed Tom
Summary: Local Cajun hunters start their own reality show involving daily life living in the swamp notably alligator hunting and crabbing hiring a film crew. While attempting to film the pilot episode, their attention is caught by the sight of an unusually massive alligator which they attempt to catch which ending in disastrous results when they find it is no ordinary alligator they're dealing with.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Crash Twinsanity is way too broken, way too poorly designed, and way too unfun. I don't care that I bought a PS2 for this, I only spent $20 on it. I am just skipping this one and moving onto the Titans Games. It has tried my patience one too many times and I'm not having enough fun to persevere.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Genshin Impact...while it borrows a lot of elements from BotW, still looks like an interesting game.

Apparently it's free-to-play too so I'll probably give it a go whenever it gets released to the Switch.

----

In other news, started playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and it's so much fun so far. I do like some of the added combat actually giving Ori weapons instead of relying on Sein for most of the attacks. And actually having some other characters in the world is neat as well. It's nice to encounter more creatures that aren't trying to kill me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just finished a quick run of Megaman Network transmission.

I know not many people like this game because it tries to please both Battle Network fans and Classic fans but I actually do have fun with it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I know not many people like this game because it tries to please both Battle Network fans and Classic fans but I actually do have fun with it.
Network Transmission is pretty underrated, yeah.

The soundtrack is also full of bangers.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ori and the Blind Forest is one of the game on my backlog that I really need to finish.

I'm really enjoying the game up to the point I've played (biggest most recent accomplishment was getting the Water Vein by giving Gumo another chance) but I don't want to actually purchase the sequel until I've at least beaten it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I like that one special weapon that's basically extra jumps with limited ammo. Cool idea for any platformer.

D

Deleted member

Ugggh. I have farming for an item for hours in a video game.

My patience is dwindling, but I want this item...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
No pic of the day this time around but rather a reminder about the new fighter.

EDIT: Spoke too soon

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like that one special weapon that's basically extra jumps with limited ammo. Cool idea for any platformer.
That honestly my biggest gripe with the game.

I don't like having to reserve a slot in my very limited folder for a double jump that's actually required in certain instances to progress when I can stuff that slot with more attacks or healing items.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
No pic of the day this time around but rather a reminder about the new fighter.

EDIT: Spoke too soon
Crap, we're getting an Isabelle clone, aren't we?!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That honestly my biggest gripe with the game of I'm being honest.

I don't like having to reserve a slot in my very limited folder for a double jump that's actually required in certain instances to progress when I can stuff that slot with more attacks or healing items.
True. But I think the idea of extra mobility tied to something like that is neat. Or anything meter based that's not just flying.

I hope we see MM.EXE in a platformer again, where some of his staple mechanics can be attempted again.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
True. But I think the idea of extra mobility tied to something like that is neat. Or anything meter based that's not just flying.

I hope we see MM.EXE in a platformer again, where some of his staple mechanics can be attempted again.
Yeah another EXE timeline platformer would be pretty cool. I think the developers did a good with the concept.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Unrelated to tomorrow, but I had to make a walk cycle for my introduction to animation class. It's my first time doing so, so what do you lot think?
Honest opinion: There is a certain stiffness. A lot more of the body moves besides just the arms and legs.

Found this image on google after like a 30 second search:

Notice that as she steps down her torso and leg seem to shift under her weight as she goes to lift her other leg. Her hips will tilt as her leg bears the her body weight, this is easier to see in the frontview but you can notice it in the side view as well. You can also see that her hips slightly push forward as she steps forward while her upper body somewhat seems to sway slightly backwards, this is because the her spine is a flexible structure and even with a good posture will bend and twist as she moves. Additional her entire body isn't at a constant height due to the angles of her legs as she walks. She is at her tallest when her leg is straight under her but she drops by a bit due to the angle of her legs extended in front and behind her as she walks.

Subtle elements like this add dynamism to an animation if you're able to capture it. I would suggest practicing gestures to be able to capture the feeling of a pose quickly and effectively which can help with animation as in some cases your subject may be moving too fast to be able to capture the body's anatomy and proportions properly. In some cases you'll even have to exaggerate the body's proportions, even on more realistic subjects.

Don't be afraid to use some reference when drawing, As it can help you make your character look more believable, even if it's cartoony.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Honest opinion: There is a certain stiffness. A lot more of the body moves besides just the arms and legs.

Found this image on google after like a 30 second search:

Notice that as she steps down her torso and leg seem to shift under her weight as she goes to lift her other leg. Her hips will tilt as her leg bears the her body weight, this is easier to see in the frontview but you can notice it in the side view as well. You can also see that her hips slightly push forward as she steps forward while her upper body somewhat seems to sway slightly backwards, this is because the her spine is a flexible structure and even with a good posture will bend and twist as she moves. Additional her entire body isn't at a constant height due to the angles of her legs as she walks. She is at her tallest when her leg is straight under her but she drops by a bit due to the angle of her legs extended in front and behind her as she walks.

Subtle elements like this add dynamism to an animation if you're able to capture it. I would suggest practicing gestures to be able to capture the feeling of a pose quickly and effectively which can help with animation as in some cases your subject may be moving too fast to be able to capture the body's anatomy and proportions properly. In some cases you'll even have to exaggerate the body's proportions, even on more realistic subjects.

Don't be afraid to use some reference when drawing, As it can help you make your character look more believable, even if it's cartoony.
Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to keep it in mind for the future.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm thinking I'll be doing Inktober again this year. Don't think I'll do the whole month, but we'll see. I missed out on this year's Smaugust again 😅

Day 1 in the official prompt is fish:129:...I'll do that in the morning tho, it's getting late rn.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My eldest daughter turned 3 last month and it’s amazing watching her grow up. I know all parents think thier kids are special and unique. But sometimes I can’t help but brag about her. This morning, she woke up and said, in Japanese, “When you wake up in the morning, you say “Ohayogozaimasu.” Ohayogozaimasu in English is “Good morning!”

She did this also for hello, good evening, good night, and thank you. It’s amazing to see and hear her switch between the two languages effortlessly.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, that took forever. I finally found a simple set of coding in the Holy Magic Century French version(Dev cart in this case, but same coding here).

8007D3A8 0000
8007D3A9 0000
8007D3AA 0000
8007D3AB 0000
Basically the minimum experience needed to level up the stats(HP/MP/Def/Agi), but I haven't entirely found out the exact order of each. Only thing I'm sure on is 8007D3AB is Def, but that's it.

Still, I'm just glad it got done. I only ever retooled the coding for Eltale Monsters before that~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom